MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > The Pakistan Problem

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pakistan Problem  (Read 3044 times)

the nosh

• Hero Talker
Re: The Pakistan Problem
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 09:38:57 PM »

Mr. Rahim,

I know this is off topic, but I am going to ask.

I see that you are from Dearborn. Are you a Tractor fan, Pioneer fan, or neither?

well i will be damned if caspar isnt back too!!!!

welcome back bro!!!!
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

Baby Hitler

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »

Barack Obama gave a policy address this week and has been taking flak, mostly from the right, over some of his comments.  Obama said that if there were actionable evidence that al-Qaeda terrorists were hiding in the mountains of Pakistan, and the government there was unwilling to take action themselves, that he would mount a unilateral american military operation to capture them. He would send troops into Pakistan, but he would not use nuclear weapons.

These comments have enraged some, because they see the Musharraf government as near collapse, and they think an american invasion would de-stabilize the region, and could cause the fundamentalist islamics to overthrow Musharraf and take control of a nuclear power. They have called Obama naive and so have some of his democratic opponents like Chris Dodd. The Pakistan government is furious at Obama. 

But is Obama wrong?  Here we have spent years obliterating Afghanistan and Iraq when the bad guys are said to be hiding in Pakistan, with the full knowledge of the government there. So we act tough against Iraq but cower in fear against Pakistan, just because one country has nukes and the other doesn't? Obama wants to end the war in Iraq and then concentrate on the place where the terrorists "actually" are. Granted Pakistan is techincally our ally, but Musharraf is a strongman.
Saw you post again recently, and this was your last post prior to the ones today.

Seems Obama was right all along on this one.

Abdul-Nasir Rahim

• New Talker
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »

Right all along about what he would do if there were actionable intelligence? I guess.

I am glad we went in there and got Bin Laden.

Baby Hitler

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »

Right all along about what he would do if there were actionable intelligence? I guess.

I am glad we went in there and got Bin Laden.
Right about the fact that Bin Laden was indeed hiding out in Pakistan, and that their government more than likely knew of his whereabouts and did nothing about it.

Abdul-Nasir Rahim

• New Talker
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 03:30:35 PM »

I don't remember him saying he was, only what he would do it was found to be so.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up