MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Getting Started & Site News > Welcome to Your Talk! Get started here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome to Your Talk! Get started here.  (Read 36555 times)

no one gets my name right anyway

• Hero Talker
Re: Welcome to Your Talk! Get started here.
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 09:02:04 AM »

Several times now I've only had the Monroe Talks webpage open, and I'll click on something (not the ad) and then a window pops up asking about spy files or something on my computer. Anyone else have this problem? It somehow bypasses my popup blocker, too.

utility slug

• Hero Talker
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 10:15:15 AM »

Yes, same thing has happened to me.

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »

MomEm:

I believe you might have caught us in a transition. If you check out the photo gallery now, you'll see the latest additions and random pictures first, and then a public gallery and a link to the user albums.
MonroeTalks.com Administration

MonroeMom

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2007, 11:30:38 AM »

Admins, what is the significance of the different colored names (so and so and blah de blah are viewing this board).  I get that red = administrators, but what do the other colors mean?

Hi, still wondering.... Please clarify. Thanks!!

reneep

• Active Talker
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2007, 11:42:47 AM »

Admins, what is the significance of the different colored names (so and so and blah de blah are viewing this board).  I get that red = administrators, but what do the other colors mean?

Hi, still wondering.... Please clarify. Thanks!!

i bet it's because you're a "super talker" .. both you and mayo are rated as such, and you're both blue .. i bet each level of talker has its own color.

bibbitibobbitido

• New Talker
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2007, 04:10:10 PM »

Welcome to Your Talk, the open discussion forum on MonroeTalks.com. To get started, register by clicking the following link:

http://www.monroetalks.com/user/register

Once you're registered and logged in, you can post topics and reply to existing topics. You'll also be registered for Your Pics, the online photo gallery on MonroeTalks.com. And by registering you'll be entered to win a $50 cash prize or an iPod.

We'd also like to hear your thoughts on the new site, whether suggestions for improvements or new features you would like to see. This is a new concept and we're looking forward to your help in shaping its future.

You can add your comment to this thread, or go to the Back Talk button on the home page to send a comment directly to us.

Thanks for joining the conversation.

bibbitibobbitido

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2007, 01:21:40 AM »

Hello,

I tried posting a picture on one of the threads and was unable to do so.  I clicked on the Insert Image Icon, the brackets came up but I was unable to insert the picture from my file.

Did I miss a step? Did I do something wrong? Or is it just a glitch?. Is there a “How To” page that I can look at? If not, maybe that could be considered?
Thank you. Keep up the great job your doing.

Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

Wicked Dan O Shay

• Active Talker
Since I am a novice
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2007, 11:45:09 PM »

Cant't answer your question mayonaise or know anything on how to fit into this forum, I have picked you to help me if you want to.  ???

wicked dan o shay

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2007, 10:06:06 AM »

The M.E.N. filter has gone crazy.

Any word that contains the three letters that are a synonym for buttocks/ derriere/ donkey/ a stupid, foolish, or stubborn person has been affected.

I don’t find the word objectionable and doubt the average person would either but if you must impose your morality then at least allow the those three letters to remain in other unrelated words.

Associate and classroom come to mind right now but I’m sure there are more.

How ignorant that your software cannot differentiate or perhaps a prude is in control.

Other than the filter I think the forum is fantastic!

This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

LunaPierCook

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2007, 10:19:21 AM »

How ignorant that your software cannot differentiate or perhaps a prude is in control.

The core software for both the MonroeTalks forums and ProBoards is what's called "open source", and anyone who wants to can contribute. Sooo ... quite honestly, if you, FrenchFry, think you can help, you're more than welcome to. I'm sure the gang over at ProBoards could point you to where the core project is available. 8)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2007, 11:13:23 AM »

I’ll leave the software design to someone that knows what they are doing but why use it at all?
Perhaps you are the responsible party since you seem to know a lot about which software they use but my intention was not to offend, my intention was to point out what was happening in case someone was sleeping at the controls. (My first inclination was to say in case someone had their head up their ***)
A/s/sistance, a/s/sume, cla/ss, as/sociate and many others have been chopped by the filter (I’m trying to sneak past the filter)
My analogy is that if I had a mechanic that couldn’t fix my car then I wouldn’t use that mechanic.
If the software cannot do what is intended then they should not use that software.
Chopping off all words containing those offensive three letters is akin to having something stolen at a party and since the perpetrator is unknown…everybody gets locked up to ensure the guilty party doesn’t get away.
The policy is asinine.
You know what…this subject is too trivial to pursue.
You’ve been notified, you’ve heard my objection…..we’ll leave it at that.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

reneep

• Active Talker
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2007, 11:18:20 AM »

i kinda miss the links being green. black makes it really difficult to distinguish from the hard text.

LunaPierCook

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2007, 11:19:54 AM »

The policy is asinine.
You know what…this subject is too trivial to pursue.
You’ve been notified, you’ve heard my objection…..we’ll leave it at that.

My goodness, which way to the coffeepot, eh? ;)

I know a lot about this software simply because I've administrated a forum over on ProBoards for a few years now.

I doubt it's a "policy" of the admins here, but you're right, it is trivial. And as a programmer of other projects, I can honestly say it's impossible to please everyone. And it's certainly nothing to become angry or abusive about.

Sure hope your day gets better ...

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2007, 11:24:39 AM »

Oops! You're right. Recently, I changed the filter and didn't anticipate how severe it would be. I'll fix that immediately. We're not 'sleeping at the controls,' but we do have a great deal to work on lately. We appreciate your input and your continued patience.

Edit: This has been changed. Please let me know if you see any other undesirable effect. Finding the balance between pleasing those who want certain words made invisible without mutilating valid words has been difficult.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 11:26:41 AM by monroe »
MonroeTalks.com Administration

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2007, 12:03:48 PM »

Thanks for fixing “the problem”.

LunaPierCook,
Practicing your Canadian accent, eh?
While I do have a blasting headache…my follow-up appeared curt because I saw your response as “let’s see if you can do better” so to avoid a fresh battle I decided to extinguish the flames right away.
I apologize if you took my comments personally.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up