MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Quips & Quotes

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Quips & Quotes  (Read 35632 times)

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
Re: Quips & Quotes
« Reply #420 on: July 10, 2012, 09:57:38 PM »

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."

-George H.W. Bush
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #421 on: August 28, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

April 11, 2008
"French Fry, please come back."
Dan Shaw (Managing Editor at Monroe Evening News)
That's right. Still the only one invited to be a member of the forum so suck it up jealous fools.

Baggins

• Hero Talker
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #423 on: October 14, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »

Couple of favorites.

"Women always worry about the things that men forget; men always worry about the things women remember."  ~Author Unknown

"Fighting is essentially a masculine idea; a woman's weapon is her tongue."  ~Hermione Gingold
Support the local economy as much as possible!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #424 on: October 14, 2012, 06:46:07 PM »

LOL.....I found a few more good ones.

I hate women because they always know where things are.  ~Voltaire

Nature has given women so much power that the law has very wisely given them little.  ~Samuel Johnson

Women speak two languages - one of which is verbal.  ~William Shakespeare

Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand more.  ~James Thurber

A man chases a woman until she catches him.  ~American Proverb

It's the good girls who keep the diaries; the bad girls never have the time. ~Tallulah Bankhead

Behind every great woman is a guy looking at her ***.  ~Author Unknown

Women deserve to have more than twelve years between the ages of twenty-eight and forty.  ~James Thurber, Time, 15 August 1960

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #425 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »

"I love blackjack but I'm not addicted to gambling.  I'm addicted to sitting in a semi circle"
- Mitch Hedberg, author

"Luck is the residue of design: - Branch Rickey, baseball manager
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #426 on: October 17, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »

For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #427 on: December 12, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."

- Henry Ford
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #428 on: December 15, 2012, 08:35:10 AM »

"Is it too modern to notice that there is nothing [in the ten commandments] about the protection of children from cruelty, nothing about rape, nothing about slavery, and nothing about genocide?"

- Christopher Hitchens
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2012, 11:20:38 AM »

“Don't keep a man guessing too long--he's sure to find the answer somewhere else.”

Mae West

T-M-T

• Hero Talker
« Reply #430 on: December 20, 2012, 11:51:44 AM »

“”If you think Democrats are going to take away your Bible, you're an idiot. If you think they are going to take away your gun, you're an armed idiot. If you think they're going to take away your gun and give it to a Mexican to kill your God, you're Bill O'Reilly."

-Bill Maher

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #431 on: February 10, 2013, 04:15:02 PM »

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

April 11, 2008
That's right. Still the only one invited to be a member of the forum so suck it up jealous fools.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #432 on: February 18, 2013, 01:09:47 PM »

Since it has been 600 years they really needed to update the terminology for a Pope that resigns,

How about:
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #433 on: February 18, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »

"There are many members in the Republican caucus who do not believe in government. And bless their hearts, they act upon their beliefs. So day to day, we vote here on issues that eliminate government initiatives for clean air, clean water, food safety, public safety, public education, public transportation, public housing, public health, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security.

"They don't believe in a public role. And if you don't believe in a public role, then why do you even have to have taxes to pay for it? ... They're anti-government ideologues."

House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi
John Stuart Mill

April 11, 2008

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #434 on: October 02, 2013, 12:26:16 AM »

There is nothing so stupid as the educated man if you get him off the thing he was educated in.

Will Rogers
John Stuart Mill

April 11, 2008
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up