MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Parenting > Brain dead school system?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Brain dead school system?  (Read 8247 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Brain dead school system?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 12:21:22 PM »

Education includes what you get at Home, as well as discipline and those are areas that all the money and teachers in the world can't control.

Lack of discipline - (no consequences ) teaches some youth they can get away with anything, until they run into the Legal process.

Forcing all into one program for the schools is the biggest mistake they've made...   
we don't need every child dumbed down to a level that all can pass -
yet schools are punished if all don't pass so what do you think they will be doing?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:32 PM »

Teachers are now being forced to give academic achievement awards to kids that shouldn't even be in a regular classroom because they aren't capable of keepin up.  Other students not so impressed with their awards anymore.  But the really smart kids don't care about awards anyway

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 12:33:57 AM »

Publik skool teechers (and their private/parochial counterparts who accept pilfered federal funding) are the main ingredient in that pot of rotten stew.  Just like cops one can't paint them all as bad in a single stroke but the very systems they work for encourage abuse and (leftist) political indoctrination of the masses of humanity.  Hence they are part of the problem, and solutions to nothing.
The part in bold was the absolute confirmation of your reincarnation.

But why aren't you still posting under your Pax moniker?
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 07:49:35 AM »

Probably forgot the password... 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2015, 08:01:50 AM »

I see Dumdee voters voted down the bond continuation yesterday.  I can't fault that.  You pay and pay and pay and they want more...

Sort of like MCCC's 'in perpetuity' bond issue.....

Fiscal responsibility is at all levels not just state and federal.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2015, 01:28:23 PM »

Actually they didn't sell it properly - and would have been better off with a new plan instead of the perpetuation of something different.

Fiscal responsibility is to ensure the physical plant is maintained - or else they will end up like Jefferson having to close buildings they can't.

Setting aside money that can't be used for salaries isn't a bad idea.    Problem is they can't do it unless the wording of the millage says so.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2015, 03:21:32 PM »

Schools are like everything else..City's , counties,state local and federal governments.
They all are dealing with bloated workforces with wages medical and pensions they can't afford.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2015, 04:07:03 PM »

Actually the deflation that seems to be rampant is harder to deal with at the government level... 
and you wonder why people are willing to pay millions for those jobs!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 10:54:06 AM »

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/oct/25/obama-cap-class-time-devoted-standardize-student-t/

So which is it - reward or limit?   The feds have pushed for standardization that has ruined our educational system
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 03:39:29 PM »

Schools are like everything else..City's , counties,state local and federal governments.
They all are dealing with bloated workforces with wages medical and pensions they can't afford.

My issue with public education is with the educators themselves.  I'm totally against teachers being unionized to the point where they hold that over the students like a weight...

Doctors aren't unionized, why should teachers be?

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 03:43:29 PM »

Some food for thought.....not all Charter schools are unionized?  Some are able to however piggy back on to the far less gracious health insurance that some of us enjoy.

My issue with public education is the overhead salaries and the number of their positions.  Wanna bang for your buck in reducing public education cost......check out the administrative salaries available over the internet, and the number of them.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 03:47:07 PM »

Like Jim Berryman (mayor of Adrian), retired head of the MTA.  Everytime I see a picture of him, I wanna puke.

Unionized educators put their wages/benefits ahead of everything else and thats bs, far asd I'm concerned...

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2015, 09:32:25 AM »

Some food for thought.....not all Charter schools are unionized?  Some are able to however piggy back on to the far less gracious health insurance that some of us enjoy.

My issue with public education is the overhead salaries and the number of their positions.  Wanna bang for your buck in reducing public education cost......check out the administrative salaries available over the internet, and the number of them.
Someone has to fill out all the State and Federal paperwork - how else do you get all the data.   Get the Feds and State out of the mandate business, and let schools go back to teaching

Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2015, 10:52:47 AM »

I agree that State and Federal paperwork is an issue, and a duplication of oversight.  Should be one or the other IMO.....get rid of the department at either the State or Federal level.

Wanna entertain yourself, just look through the organizational structure and overhead to run MPS.  Is all that really necessary?

http://monroepublic.cyberschool.com/District/

Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2015, 08:23:57 AM »

and now teachers have to start prepping for a new test to teach to...

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/oct/27/students-struggle-tougher-state-test-sets-baseline/
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up