MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > Renters Security Deposits

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Renters Security Deposits  (Read 4945 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Renters Security Deposits
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 07:41:21 AM »

When I went into the office they complimented on my cleaning to apartment very well, And I beleive they have 15 days to mail me a receipt of damages they havent done that.

My daughter left her apartment broom clean and had no problems with the complex manager but a month later the main Texas office started claiming my daughter must have had a pet because the carpeting needed to be replaced.

That carpet was like new so we thought they had her confused with someone else and contacted the complex manager which said the records were sent to the main office so they had no information on it.

My daughter sent a certified letter denying the alleged damage and the main Texas office modified their claim slightly but still made claims so another certified denial letter went out again.

She didn’t have a security deposit at risk…..it was a bond because her boyfriend had poor credit.

We’ve heard of several people that had damage claims against them as well so there appears to be a pattern with Park West Club Apartments.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

forever39

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 07:57:37 AM »

Forms are available online for filing a small claims.  Just remember though, if you sue & win, you will receive a judgment - a paper saying you won & that you are owed X amount of dollars.  It will then be up to you to collect.  Many people think that if they win in court, they receive their money right away.  There are many ways to collect, but it will be up to you to figure it all out & do it.

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
  • My handsome boy! :)
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 12:23:43 PM »

When I went into the office they complimented on my cleaning to apartment very well, And I beleive they have 15 days to mail me a receipt of damages they havent done that.

When you moved out of the apartment, you should've done a walk-through with the manager or assistant manager. That is usually policy. If you did not do that, they cannot come back and say that there was any damages to the apartment......just so you know.

As for the security deposit, I would speak with the manager and if that doesn't work then I would go a step higher.....there is always someone higher......

And if they screw you still, take them to court!

I'm wondering if this is my complex.....cause they SUCK! (I could picture them doing this......)

carguy

• Hero Talker
  • Very Fun!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 08:04:09 PM »

Did you make it in there today? I was just curious what they say. I have heard they like to find the smallest things to try and deny you your money back. Good luck
]

caspar

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »

Go back again and ask about your deposit. This time take your parents, uncles, aunts, friends and anybody else who will come. Don't cause trouble. Just bring them for support and witnesses.

If that don't work, then bring your GRANNY in with you. Works most of the time, Yep, that should do the trick. Good Luck!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up