MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Any ideas for some easy, fast, dinner recipes???

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Any ideas for some easy, fast, dinner recipes???  (Read 6929 times)

Ms. N. Cognito

• Hero Talker
Re: Any ideas for some easy, fast, dinner recipes???
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 07:21:30 PM »

Hello Ginger!!!!

That sounds like my kinda dish; fast, easy and delicious!!!

Tried to get J to be my personal chef but he won't do it.... :'(
What the French, Toast?

General Buster

• Hero Talker
  • EAT BBQ!!!
    • J's Smokehouse
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 07:26:41 PM »

allright, i'm gonna give out a simplified version of one of my recipes here for you guys.

JAMBALAYA  very quick, very easy.

the key is to cook your rice in tomato sauce (and a little tabasco or franks red hot if you like heat) instead of water, you have to use about a third more juice though, (eg if it calls for 3 cups water, use 4 cups juice)
while the rice is cooking saute garlic onions peppers jalapeno (optional and a little goes a long way) on med-low heat.
when the onions and peppers first start to feel soft add andouille sausage and peeled raw shrimp. (as much or as little as you like) stir and flip constantly.
when the shrimp curl and turn orange dump it all in the dirty rice.
season to taste and... BAM!, Jambalaya!!!
 ;)
jsmokehouse.com

Ginger

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 06:13:06 PM »

allright, i'm gonna give out a simplified version of one of my recipes here for you guys.

the key is to cook your rice in tomato sauce (and a little tabasco or franks red hot if you like heat) instead of water, you have to use about a third more juice though, (eg if it calls for 3 cups water, use 4 cups juice)
while the rice is cooking saute garlic onions peppers jalapeno (optional and a little goes a long way) on med-low heat.
when the onions and peppers first start to feel soft add andouille sausage and peeled raw shrimp. (as much or as little as you like) stir and flip constantly.
 ;)

Sounds wonderful. You should add it to your menu or use as a special on certain days of the week. :)

Ms. N. Cognito

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »

Sounds wonderful. You should add it to your menu or use as a special on certain days of the week. :)

Everything J makes is delicious, it's kind of annoying to a sister that can't boil water... ;)
What the French, Toast?

Ginger

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 09:28:29 AM »

Everything J makes is delicious, it's kind of annoying to a sister that can't boil water... ;)

Sometimes women are short handed in the kitchen life of cooking, but, we for sure make it up in other ways ;)

Ms. N. Cognito

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 11:08:43 AM »

Sometimes women are short handed in the kitchen life of cooking, but, we for sure make it up in other ways ;)

You know it!!!   :D :D
What the French, Toast?

forever39

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 03:03:38 PM »

Don't know if this recipe has been on here before, but it is one of my family's favorites; very quick & easy:

Tamale Pie   -  Preheat oven to 350

1 box Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix
1 lb. ground beef (or turkey)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 Cup (approximately) shredded cheddar cheese
1 Can stewed tomatoes
1 Tbsp. Chili powder

Prepare stuffing mix & set aside.

In a large skillet (I prefer cast iron) brown & drain the ground beef.  Add corn, tomatoes, cheese and chili powder.  Mix together well.  Spread prepared stuffing mix evenly on top of meat mixture.  You can sprinkle additional shredded cheese if you wish.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes - should be bubbly around edges & sort of browned on top.

After you make this a couple times, you can adjust some ingredients to suit your personal taste.  For instance, instead of stewed tomatoes I use a can of Ro-Tel & about half a can of diced tomatoes.  You can add more or less cheese, a little more or less chili powder, etc.  And this does seem to taste better made in a cast iron skillet.

Ms. N. Cognito

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 11:17:31 PM »

Thanks!  So far so good... ;) ;)

Anything else?
What the French, Toast?

Mrs.S

• Hero Talker
  • Yes, it is I, Mrs.S
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »

Well I have one for nachos that is pretty easy.

1 pound ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 small block of Velveeta cheese

all you do it brown meat and follow directions on taco seasoning pkg.  then I add the refried beans and cheese and combine until the cheese is melted.  Put dip on top of nacho chips and garnish with tomatoes, black olives, red onions, jalapeno peppers and sour cream.  It's a big hit at my house.  Takes about 10 minutes to throw together.  I buy alot of my garnishes already chopped.

MonroeGal

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 09:10:12 PM »

I make this one pretty often and we love it!

Taco Pie
1 pkg. Pillsbury 10 Buttermilk Biscuits
1 lb ground turkey or beef
2 tbsp. onion
2 tbsp. green pepper
6oz. can tomato paste
6oz. water
1 pkg. taco seasoning
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese

Brown meat along with chopped onion and green pepper. Drain any juice then add tomato paste, water and taco seasoning. Simmer 3 minutes. Prepare square baking dish with Pam. Remove bisquits from pkg and press down in pan. to make crust. Pour meat mixture over top and cover with cheese. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

It is really quick and easy!  :) I am going to keep checking this thread for more ideas!

KLK

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 01:00:02 AM »

;)

I tell ya, you do need to add this to the menu. I guarantee I'll make be in every week for that 'special' if it is good as it sounds.
A good Jambalaya is tough to find. The best I've had is JB's Margaritaville in Orlando. I just haven't found any that compares.
Man, I'm hungary.
If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them.

General Buster

• Hero Talker
  • EAT BBQ!!!
    • J's Smokehouse
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2008, 07:28:09 PM »

I tell ya, you do need to add this to the menu. I guarantee I'll make be in every week for that 'special' if it is good as it sounds.
A good Jambalaya is tough to find. The best I've had is JB's Margaritaville in Orlando. I just haven't found any that compares.
Man, I'm hungary.

i don't think i can post any specials i do here.  but i'll find a way to let you know when i make it.
jsmokehouse.com

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 07:38:05 PM »

;)

J first you call it tomato sauce...then juice...which is it my man??
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

General Buster

• Hero Talker
  • EAT BBQ!!!
    • J's Smokehouse
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 08:03:34 PM »

juice.  i like to use GOYA tomato juice.
jsmokehouse.com

Ms. N. Cognito

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 03:00:28 AM »

thanks for clarifying!!!
What the French, Toast?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up