MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Best Cider Mills around Monroe???

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Cider Mills around Monroe???  (Read 2426 times)

Dime Store Cowboy

• Hero Talker
  • Molôn Labé!
Best Cider Mills around Monroe???
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:41:24 AM »

Anyone want to lay some input on this???
Its always nice to have some cider in the fall...Its kinda romantic!!

~DSC~
SUPPORT THE NRA

Nadjalu

• Hero Talker
Re: Best Cider Mills around Monroe???
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 09:31:48 AM »

DSC,
I love Erie Orchards in Erie.  They have the best donuts, all kinds of homemade foods as well.  And yes the Cider is wonderful. 
I don't however get my pumpkins from there, we go to the pumpkin farm out on Sterns rd.  Can't think of their name right now, but they have thousands and thousands of pumpkins.  Not to mention hay rides, games for the kids and animals to enjoy. 

haras00

• Super Talker
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:42:02 AM »

Eire Orchards is very nice. We've gone there the last 2 years. They have great food and cider. But has anyone noticed something funny about that big blow up caterpillar that they have? When the kids finally come out it looks like they are being birthed...we always laugh when my friend’s son pops his head out of the end of it.

When I was younger we went to Apple Charlie’s (I'm not sure what city it's in, Belleville or something like that) My friends went there last year and said they had a lot of bees. I haven't been there in a while but from what I remember it was nice.

As a kid we also would go to Wired’s (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) and again I'm not sure what city it's in, Ypsi maybe, you take 94 West to get there. They have a good haunted house but it's super expensive to get in. We went there about 4 years and I think I remember having to pay something like $10 just to get into the orchard!

Firefytr29wfd

• New Talker
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:44:54 AM »

Bennett's Orchard, Consear Road in Ottawa Lake has the best cider I have ever tasted.

Non-pasteurized like it was meant to be.

Whiskers

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:48:56 PM »

Erie Apple Orchard!
"I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful."
Marilyn Monroe

Dime Store Cowboy

• Hero Talker
  • Molôn Labé!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 12:59:29 AM »

Is that about it for Mills around these parts???

~DSC~
SUPPORT THE NRA

no one gets my name right anyway

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »

LOL When we first moved here, we looked online and saw that it said there were about 4 or 5 orchards here.  My family drove in from New York and that same day (after the 12 hour drive) we went looking for an orchard that was listed in the yellow pages.  Couldn't find it after an hour.  Ended up looking like a bunch of liars about this Monroe place having orchards.  A few weeks later we tried out Erie Orchards and love it.  Next time they come for cider we won't be liars, we'll take them to Erie!

LunaPierCook

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 10:42:18 AM »

I wrote up a blog entry about Erie Orchards a month ago or so, which you can find here. The Orchard has their own label on a lot more than just cider ... you should definitely try their own line of hot sauces and salsas.

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 10:20:21 PM »

For the north part of the county I like Price's Orchard on U.S. Turnpike in Newport. The apples and cider are both great. Don't think they have the other stuff some orchards have, but if all you're looking for is apples and cider they can't be beat.
Snuggle & keep warm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up