MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > "A Post Card from" Virus --CNN Announced -- Snopes confirms as real

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "A Post Card from" Virus --CNN Announced -- Snopes confirms as real  (Read 772 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

Virus --CNN announced -- Snopes confirms as real.

Here is a link to the snopes page:

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST!!

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee . This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored.

This virus acts in the following manner:
It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the title:

'You've received a Post Card from a Family member'.

As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+ del keys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York , according to news broadcast by CNN.

This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself.

So don't open any mails with subject: 'A Post Card from ' As soon as you get the mail, delete it !! Even if you know the sender !!!
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: "A Post Card from" Virus --CNN Announced -- Snopes confirms as real
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 11:05:26 AM »

I heard this last night on the 13ABC Toledo news...  this is more detail than they had though.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: "A Post Card from" Virus --CNN Announced -- Snopes confirms as real
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »

This was forwarded in an email so I don’t really know how accurate it is but I did double check snopes prior to posting.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up