MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Female victim of a crime forcibly stripped of clothes in jail.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Female victim of a crime forcibly stripped of clothes in jail.  (Read 1901 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Female victim of a crime forcibly stripped of clothes in jail.
« on: February 14, 2008, 07:57:21 PM »

Female victim of a crime forcibly stripped of clothes in jail.
http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=53707&bw=

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Lady Arbella

• Hero Talker
Re: Female victim of a crime forcibly stripped of clothes in jail.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:08:37 PM »

That was positively horrifying. If everything that was reported turns out to be true...each one of those officers belongs in jail.
If your dog doesn't like someone, you probably shouldn't either.

JKC

• Hero Talker
    • "Julie's List"
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »

This is absolutely HORRENDOUS and totally unnecessary........she has a million-dollar lawsuit here.  I hope she gets herself a high profile lawyer and definately contacts Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International along with the ACLU.  If this had been me, I would be screaming to high heaven and givng interview after interview to embarras this "police dept." and I'd have the badge of the shift command on duty that day.......

I'm absolutely AMAZED that the female officers that day went along with this and didn't take their concerns to the shift commander...........or higher if necessary.  But then again, I wonder who smuggled that video out?  Video's like this frequently get "lost".........when lawsuits come along.

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip---Will Rogers

bullcans

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 10:29:06 PM »

It appears that every officer in that video, and also the Sheriff himself, should be stripped themselves and paraded out the door and fired.

JKC

• Hero Talker
    • "Julie's List"
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 10:48:50 PM »

And you know, they CAN be charged with a crime here too.........another reason I would raise holy he$$ if it had been me or my child............they need to know how it FEELS to be on the other side of their "power".......

Now had their been a LEGITIMATE reason that would have been one thing.......but I've seen nothing here in this video that would back that up.  Its the same in the service as well as law enforcement....no one has to follow an ILLEGAL order.........
Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip---Will Rogers

TPoKE

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 11:10:27 AM »

THIS IS TOTALLY UN ACCEPTABLE!!!! >:( >:(

zard0z

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 11:47:48 AM »

That was positively horrifying. If everything that was reported turns out to be true...each one of those officers belongs in jail.

You're right, but in the end, they will get off scott free, law enforcment watch each others backs...Just think, this is only one case that you have heard of, how many others are still out there not known... :-\

Old School

• Active Talker
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:11:01 PM »

Wow that was really bad.  At first I thought it was going to be another criminal complaining about this or that, but this was not the case.

There has to be more we don't know.  The females officers are helping to subdue the women.  This was not a standard male/female molestation case.  I would be intersted in knowing the outcome of everything.

Skippy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 11:58:35 PM »

This is definitely hard to watch. I just want to add some insight into this from my time as a Corrections Officer a while back. If someone came into the jail for ANY reason and illegal drugs were found on them, they were strip searched no matter how they felt about it. And yes, sometimes they would not wilfully comply and were subsequently pinned down kicking and screaming while their clothes were removed. The policy was, however, that officers of the same gender would do the strip search. The only exception would be if the female was very large and out of control and the female staff felt they couldn't handle the person. Under those cricumstances, male officers could assist but were there only to restrain and the female officers removed the suspect's clothing.
If someone was brought into the jail for ANY reason and made even the slightest mention of suicide, then they were required to remove all of their clothing and were required to wear a "suicide suit" which looked like a large, heavyweight cotton gown that would not allow them to use any part of it to possibly hang or otherwise harm themselves. This was done for the suspect's safety as well as for liability purposes. And again, if they refused, their clothes were removed for them.  
Watching the video left me disturbed and with a lot of questions, just like most of you. Why was she arrested? Did she get arrested for giving a false ID to the officer or for something else? This wasn't explained fully. Why was she strip searched in the first place? Is this standard procedure at this jail or did she actually threaten suicide? Was she just being brutalized by officers who were dumb enough to do it while filming themselves in the act, or were they removing her clothes due to a suicide threat after she refused to do it herself? That wasn't explained. Why were male officers participating in the strip search? Was it gross negligence or was the female officer maybe the only female on duty at the jail that day and didn't feel comfortable doing a strip search on a lady who was that upset? That was not explained.  Why was the lady allegedly placed nude into a cell and had to use toilet paper to cover herself? Did this really happen or was this what SHE says happened? Did she maybe remove her suicide suit and refuse to put it back on? That wasn't explained either.
Everything we're hearing and seeing now is only what the media is presenting to us. I'm very interested to know the truth and may actually FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) the whole investigation after it's done to see if this is what really happened. I'd really like to see the whole video and not just selected clips that the media put on TV.
If these people held this lady down and did these things to her with no justification, then they deserve to at least lose their jobs. If they sexaully assaulted her in any way, then they themselves need to go to jail. I'm just gonna wait for this whole thing to be investigated though before I fly off the handle based on what I've seen so far and demand that these officers lose their jobs.  

sue lee

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 12:44:01 AM »

I have to agree with Skippy. This lady was out of control. After working with the mentally ill I can say it takes a lot of manpower to subdue a person who does not want to be subdued. Not enough information to make a judgement. We also provided prisoners with suicide suits, "bam-bams", It looks as if this women is being stripped for that purpose. The cops don't look like they are enjoying it, male or female. It is never pretty, nor does it always appear humane, but I do believe there is more to this then we know.
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

Ryka

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 10:02:35 AM »

This lady was out of control.

She didn't seem out of control..she sounded distressed.  IF she was out of control, did it happen before they started this strip search or after???  What about giving her the medical treatment that originated the 911 call?  She should have been taken to the hospital first, right???
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin 1755
Pages: [1]   Go Up