MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Marty Lapointe back on with Wings? ?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marty Lapointe back on with Wings? ?  (Read 759 times)

cc

• Hero Talker
Marty Lapointe back on with Wings? ?
« on: February 15, 2008, 02:58:24 PM »

Ok we talked about Darren McCarty - how would you feel if the Red WIngs should pick Marty Lapointe back up?       I think the cost would be steep with the added payroll.  I dont know if there is even room wit the caps.  But personally Lapointe is another one I would love to have back on the tea for the physical ability.  Even watching him now the guy is a brick wall - I think the wings need the agressive skates.  We have the puck handlers, we have the score shooters,  we just need the agressive get in there and get the puck abilities that some of these big guys offer.  Thats my opinion - whats yours?

Heres the story from Yahoo sports rumor page.....

Red Wings linked to several defensemen trades
Thursday, Feb 14, 2008 9:28 am EST
The Detroit Red Wings have been linked to several available defensemen. Los Angeles Kings Rob Blake, Brad Stuart and Jaroslav Modry all are players many teams, not just the Wings, will consider.

Marian Hossa, Mats Sundin, Olli Jokinen, Alex Tanguay, Sergei Fedorov (out because of a concussion currently), Martin Lapointe and Ladislav Nagy are available forwards but the asking prices will be steep.

Source: Detroit News

Pages: [1]   Go Up