MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > CB Radio Slurs Heard Over Neighbors Electronics

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: CB Radio Slurs Heard Over Neighbors Electronics  (Read 7930 times)

Ördög

• Hero Talker
  • Az ördög cimborája
Re: CB Radio Slurs Heard Over Neighbors Electronics
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2007, 12:21:47 PM »

BOO!

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!

Did I scare you guys?
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 12:22:51 PM »

BOO!

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT!!

Did I scare you guys?

At the moment? Yes.
your mom goes to college.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 05:26:28 PM »

It's not simply a matter of calling the FCC and having them come out and arrest the guy. A case has to be put together with evidence, just in case it goes to court. This involves someone from the FCC coming out and locating the transmitter and recording the person in the act of brodcasting his obcenities. This can be very time consuming especially if he doesn't do it very often. This means it will cost the FCC a lot of bucks to have someone sit out here for weeks just so they can catch some jerk venting on the CB, which probably wouldn't have been heard if it hadn't come through the phone line. I suggest the neighbors get some Toroid Chokes from Radio Shack, and put on the phone lines and stereo lines to keep the RFI out and all will be peaceful in the valley again. I have a neighbor right next door that likes to talk on his CB all night long, and it came over my phone while it was hung up. I put a choke on the wire and in 5 minutes it was all gone, no more problem, and I saved the FCC a bunch of money. If this guy isn't causing a lot of havoc or big troubles I don't think the FCC will waste their time on him.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:29:17 PM by ka8ebi »
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Corky

• Super Talker
  • I thought we were friends!
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2007, 05:37:09 PM »

Is he saying anything worse than you hear on TV or radio or in schools or...

I know... walk outside and stand under this thing called the sun. Then maybe find something constructive to do with your life other than sit on the phone, TV, etc. and listen to racist statements.

Oh yeah...if you heard something on the radio that is racist, you can sue that person and have them taken off the air.
Guess Not!

loser

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2007, 03:25:09 PM »

how can the FCC fine/punish this person when they cant even define what's offensive? 
you know how much you miss my avitar

zard0z

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2007, 03:34:39 PM »

how can the FCC fine/punish this person when they cant even define what's offensive? 

Apparently just about anything when in Monroe...!

Chips

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 07:33:53 PM »

The FCC should be contacted because it is the governing body. The FCC is also the body that enforces those laws, not the Monroe Police Dept.

Because running to the federal authorities over a tiny local problem like a jackass with a CB is making it easier for fascism to occur (or at least, vastly overreaching government). We're already halfway there with Bush and company... let's not goose step down the path any further, alright?

If I knew you grew weed in your house, I wouldn't be calling the DEA. I'd call the police. If you had an extra handgun or two without permits, I wouldn't call the ATF, I'd call the police.

I guess everything is wonderful, if you don't mind your neighbor transmitting obscenities over your  phone and TV. Lets not infringe on his right to free speech! Even if he is a A**hole.

So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 10:10:59 AM »

"No man's life or liberty is safe while the Legislature is in session." ~Mark Twain

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

MissileSilo

• Active Talker
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 12:46:42 PM »

You ask this:
How did we go from talking to a guy using profanity on a CB to trying to talk to someone breaking into your house with a gun intent on shooting you...that doesn't quite make sense...I mean really, how can you compare a man using profanity on a CB with a violent criminal with a firearm...?

How did we go from talking to a guy using profanity on a CB then somehowing rationalizing a comparison to hitler?

Well now, why don't we all just rat out our neighbors for ever little problem we have with them and be good little Hitler youth...Why not send the swat team after this guy, he seems to be a harden criminal...Shoot first, questions later...

I don't look kindly to the idea of policing my neighbors. There is something fundamentally wrong with it and it's a far cry from the ideas on which this country was founded...Those ideas of watching your neighbor for wrong doings are in lines of Communism and Dictatorships...If you wanted that you should have let Hitler win...

zard0z

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 04:17:01 PM »

How did we go from talking to a guy using profanity on a CB then somehowing rationalizing a comparison to hitler?

I think I explained that well enough...I'm comparing the mood of those on this thread to that of paranoid citizens of a police state who want to rush to the government for action when it is well within there own power to make the change needed...I simply do not see the reason for calling in the FCC to handle a potty mouthed CB owner...I would hope they have better things to deal with...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up