MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Abortion is evil...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Abortion is evil...  (Read 26950 times)

Normal Joe

• Hero Talker
  • Yep..it's true. I'm Normal...
Abortion is evil...
« on: February 24, 2008, 11:52:14 AM »

British artist, expressing remorse and regret, hanged herself after aborting her twins when she was eight weeks pregnant, London's Sunday Telegraph reported.

"I should never have had an abortion," Emma Beck wrote in a note she left. "I see now I would have been a good mum."

The note continued: "I told everyone I didn't want to do it, even at the hospital. I was frightened, now it is to late. I died when my babies died. I want to be with my babies: they need me, no one else does."

Beck, 30, was found in her home on Feb. 1 and pronounced dead the following day, her 31st birthday.

She terminated the pregnancy after breaking up with her ex-boyfriend, who "reacted badly" to her pregnancy, the Telegraph reported.
Anything against God's will is evil...nothing good can happen unless God is involved...and that's the truth...
If all the leaves on all the trees could talk....

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
Re: Abortion is evil...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:07:29 PM »

And how do you know what God wants, Joe?
your mom goes to college.

illuminerie

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:30:15 PM »

Abortion is Evil

Agreed.

It's murder, and nearly 100% of abortions occur once the heartbeat has already started. I truly hate with a passion the ideas which seek to justify it. But I won't get into it, lest I get sick.

Uncle Rico

• Super Talker
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:45:57 PM »

I was at Meijer the other day.  These turd parents and their kid were in the same aisle as my wife and I were.  The kid, being about 8-10 years old, proceeds to just scream at the top of his lungs at his dad.  The dad, being the awesome dad he obviously was, just laughed.  The kid did it two or three more times.  Again, the father laughed.  The kid wasn't handicapped or anything, so don't jump on me for that.  The dad probabliy was though.

My a$$hole side wanted to tell them they that they should have had an abortion.  Unfortunately, when I told my wife I wanted to say that, I got the look, so I didn't do it.

Happy Housewife

• Super Talker
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 09:31:55 AM »

I was at Meijer the other day.  These turd parents and their kid were in the same aisle as my wife and I were.  The kid, being about 8-10 years old, proceeds to just scream at the top of his lungs at his dad.  The dad, being the awesome dad he obviously was, just laughed.  The kid did it two or three more times.  Again, the father laughed.  The kid wasn't handicapped or anything, so don't jump on me for that.  The dad probabliy was though.

My a$$hole side wanted to tell them they that they should have had an abortion.  Unfortunately, when I told my wife I wanted to say that, I got the look, so I didn't do it.

[sarcasm]Yes, heaven forbid that someone might have to hear a kid scream! Much better if the kid were dead. I can't imagine how this must have disrupted you while you were on your mission to re-stock your larder. *:)[/sarcasm]

Mein Gott, some people are incredibly self-centered!  :(

Edited to add: There are disorders such as autism in which a child can appear perfectly healthy on the outside. Since I have a friend whose son has this, I've learned not to be too quick to judge other parents' situations & methods.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 03:26:27 PM by Happy Housewife »
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

ChadB

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 02:41:01 PM »

@sshole is right. That's a pretty damned disgusting thing to THINK, let alone post...if you had said something like that to me about my kid...they'd have to CARRY you out of that store. You've got problems.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:10:52 PM by Squonk »

Uncle Rico

• Super Talker
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »

@sshole is right. That's a pretty damned disgusting thing to THINK, let alone post...if you had said something like that to me about my kid...they'd have to CARRY you out of that store. You've got problems.

It was a crack on the parents, not the kid.  My point being that some people are unfit to have kids and I sure wish they would spare the rest of us by not doing so.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 07:35:46 PM by Uncle Rico »

ChadB

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 11:16:33 PM »

It was a crack on the parents, not the kid.  My point being that some people are unfit to have kids and I sure wish they would spare the rest of us by not doing so.

Ok, now that you've clarified, your point is well taken...some poeople shouldn't have kids, yet they do. It was still an awful thing to post.

Still, just because a kid screams, and dad laughs...that's not such a big deal. I know my 3 year old has had a few dandy fits, when she was younger, and I would run around, hands over my ears, saying "I can't hear you, I can't hear you" or mock her when she was crying for no good reason. I never just belted her for crying or even screaming...most I would do is tell her not to scream. That guy in the store might have been dealing with a fussy, bratty kid all day, and just said to hell with it, I'll just laugh.

Nadjalu

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 08:52:08 AM »

And how do you know what God wants, Joe?

Because it states in the Bible "Thou shall not kill".  (His words not mine)

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 11:52:48 AM »

THe Bible says a lot of things we don't do anymore. In any case, please forward that to the people who kill abortion doctors, I don't think they got God's memo.
your mom goes to college.

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2008, 12:09:36 PM »

Amen. This is most certainly true.

peace,
Griff
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:17:09 PM by Griff Crammond »
"No man's life or liberty is safe while the Legislature is in session." ~Mark Twain

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 12:11:05 PM »

THe Bible says a lot of things we don't do anymore. In any case, please forward that to the people who kill abortion doctors, I don't think they got God's memo.

I think they got the memo--they are wrong.

peace,
Griff
"No man's life or liberty is safe while the Legislature is in session." ~Mark Twain

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

Nadjalu

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 01:47:33 PM »

Just answering your "original" question.  I didn't say anything about the killing of abortion doctors.  Fly, stay on track and stop "leading" the readers to assume things that others didn't say. 

Keith_G

• Hero Talker
    • Out of the Shadows of Woody and Bo
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2008, 01:52:31 PM »

I am personally pro-life. That is my own stance and opinion.

My biggest concern is this ... the government has granted us the 'right' to have an abortion. Should they arbirtarily take this 'right' away from us ... who is to say they cannot strip from us any other right we currently have.

Furthermore, I don't believe our nation should be guided by moral code or law. I should live my own life according to that, however, I don't think our nation should.
The darkest hour has but 60 minutes.

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2008, 04:08:05 PM »

I am personally pro-life. That is my own stance and opinion.

My biggest concern is this ... the government has granted us the 'right' to have an abortion. Should they arbirtarily take this 'right' away from us ... who is to say they cannot strip from us any other right we currently have.

Furthermore, I don't believe our nation should be guided by moral code or law. I should live my own life according to that, however, I don't think our nation should.

Keith_G you are spot on with some of your observation.

The 'right' to abort is granted through Supreme Court interpretation of US law. At some point it seems this will be interpreted differently by another Court--in which case the 'right' will be rescinded.

This is more correctly a 'privilege.'

peace,
Griff

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up