MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Abortion is evil...

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abortion is evil...  (Read 29275 times)

zard0z

Re: Abortion is evil...
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2009, 09:14:34 AM »

Hey everyone, abortion is certainly not a great thing, but why not at least try promoting adoption in Monroe County.

You're right abortion is not a great thing, it's not even a good thing...But I also see a problem with adoption as it just puts the burden of unwanted children on society...Sure there are a few good families out there who could take them in, but not everyone can or should adopt a child mearly out of guilt of compassion.  Better sex education and instilling a greater common sense is the only way to "fix" the problem.  People need to think about their actions more and be more responsible.  Education is the bottom line...The more I look around the more I'm convinced we live in a society of simple minded folks, but how can you teach a person basic common sense...?

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
California Law (AB154) Abortion Providers could include Nurses, Nurse Midwifes
« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »

First of all, yes, I am “pro-life” however I am not without an understanding that Roe v. Wade is the law of the land and as such deserves to be upheld and respected. 

That being the case, I am not sure how I feel about a current bill in California (AB154) introduced by Assemblywoman Toni Atkins (D – San Diego).  The bill would allow Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwifes and Physician Assistants to perform abortions.  I don’t question the competency of the providers but wonder if this is a good direction. 

The State of California has allowed a pilot program since 2007 that has allowed some 8,000 abortions to be preformed by non-doctors.  The program has a very low error rate (below 2%).  Currently Oregon, Montana, Vermont and New Hampshire allow Nurse Practitioners to perform abortions and in the story reports that they can also administer medication to induce an abortion in California.     

I guess my concern here is that I still see California as being a catalyst for change in the United States and wonder if the bill is passed will it be long before we see other states following this direction (although some already have) and is it possible that some states will not have the oversight that (I assume) California has on providers.  Sure, this is a hypothetical on my part but after the recent trial of Dr. Gosnell in Philadelphia it does not seem out of order, IMO. 

I wonder if this “direction” will be followed on other medical procedures and if such changes could result in a cost reduction for medical care. 

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/08/26/bill-would-let-non-physicians-perform-abortions/
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

First of all, yes, I am “pro-life” however I am not without an understanding that Roe v. Wade is the law of the land and as such deserves to be upheld and respected. 

That being the case, I am not sure how I feel about a current bill in California (AB154) introduced by Assemblywoman Toni Atkins (D – San Diego).  The bill would allow Nurse Practitioners, Certified Nurse Midwifes and Physician Assistants to perform abortions.  I don’t question the competency of the providers but wonder if this is a good direction. 

The State of California has allowed a pilot program since 2007 that has allowed some 8,000 abortions to be preformed by non-doctors.  The program has a very low error rate (below 2%).  Currently Oregon, Montana, Vermont and New Hampshire allow Nurse Practitioners to perform abortions and in the story reports that they can also administer medication to induce an abortion in California.     

I guess my concern here is that I still see California as being a catalyst for change in the United States and wonder if the bill is passed will it be long before we see other states following this direction (although some already have) and is it possible that some states will not have the oversight that (I assume) California has on providers.  Sure, this is a hypothetical on my part but after the recent trial of Dr. Gosnell in Philadelphia it does not seem out of order, IMO. 

I wonder if this “direction” will be followed on other medical procedures and if such changes could result in a cost reduction for medical care. 

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/08/26/bill-would-let-non-physicians-perform-abortions/

Is the demand for abortions so high that they can't find enough DR's to do the job?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

FScott12345

• Super Talker

How do you feel about NP's being able to prescribe drugs then? 

I see a NP in town over a doctor because I feel she's much more personable and spends more time with me than my previous doctor.
1984 was a warning not a guide.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

I see a NP in town over a doctor because I feel she's much more personable and spends more time with me than my previous doctor.

Do you let your NP do surgical procedures on you?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »

Actually I am fine with that.  I am also not sold that allowing them to do abortions is a bad idea - I don't know. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2013, 06:03:44 PM »

I'm standing by with my shop0 vac if anyone needs a quick D&C.... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2013, 06:54:54 PM »

I'm standing by with my shop0 vac if anyone needs a quick D&C.... ;D

I hope you are joking,  but please refrain from being so insensitive on such a sensitive subject......and yes, I do take the subject of abortion very seriously....probably too much so but there it is....
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2013, 08:13:51 PM »

I hope you are joking,  but please refrain from being so insensitive on such a sensitive subject......and yes, I do take the subject of abortion very seriously....probably too much so but there it is....

Is he being insensitive - or is he in fact making light what an abortion procedure actually consists of?

It is a disgusting procedure with disgusting results usually done for disgusting reasons.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2013, 01:03:56 AM »

It is a disgusting procedure with disgusting results usually done for disgusting reasons.

+1
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2013, 06:24:56 AM »

Is he being insensitive - or is he in fact making light what an abortion procedure actually consists of?

not sure....and I absolutely agree with your post about it being disgusting.....but sometimes I think people say things that may sound funny in their heads but come across as insensitive....
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up