MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Abortion is evil...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Abortion is evil...  (Read 33354 times)

illuminerie

Re: Abortion is evil...
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 11:07:05 PM »

No one should dictate a womans reproduction.
Too bad men do not share the same standard.
No one should dictate a life.

If people don't want kids then they shouldn't have sex.

bethany6788

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2008, 11:09:39 PM »

Sex has become so casual that I'm not sure it even means anything anymore. I listen to the radio, and they always talk about how if someone doesn't have sex within the first month or two of being together, they get dumped. Sex should be something special and mean something..not just oh hey let's do it..okay!
Beauty is whatever gives you joy. - Hugh Nibley

bethany6788

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2008, 11:33:16 PM »

Hey, let's do it, ok?... ;D, sorry, couldn't help it.

lol...i will see you tomorrow buddy  :D ;)
Beauty is whatever gives you joy. - Hugh Nibley

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 01:06:50 AM »

Sex has become so casual that I'm not sure it even means anything anymore. I listen to the radio, and they always talk about how if someone doesn't have sex within the first month or two of being together, they get dumped. Sex should be something special and mean something..not just oh hey let's do it..okay!

In my opinion, I disagree. Sex is one of those biological needs that's pretty hard to ignore. It ranks just below food and water. Does that mean there should be sex in the streets, brothels in the schools, panties in the powerlines? No, but sexual health and whatnot is pretty important.

The US has a fairly strict attitude when it comes to sexual stuff; most other western countries treat it about as natural as burping.

Just my opinion.
your mom goes to college.

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008, 06:15:45 AM »

Thou shalt not commit adultery, covet your neighbors goodies, kill, lie.  Shouldn't pick and choose if you're going to quote scripture.

Well, you can try to make amends for adultery, lying, or being jealous, altho God may forgive you for murder, you cannot bring that person back.

In my opinion, I disagree. Sex is one of those biological needs that's pretty hard to ignore. It ranks just below food and water. Does that mean there should be sex in the streets, brothels in the schools, panties in the powerlines? No, but sexual health and whatnot is pretty important.

The US has a fairly strict attitude when it comes to sexual stuff; most other western countries treat it about as natural as burping.

Just my opinion.

Ya, well, burping doesn't pass along sexually transmitted diseases, like HPV which is the leading cause of cervical cancer, HIV which causes AIDS, & Herpes. Nor does farting  cause teen or unwanted pregnancies. I don't call it a strict attitude, I call it a smart attitude.
You need water and food to survive, I hate to break it to you, but abstinence won't kill you.

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2008, 07:57:08 AM »

The Bible also states: "If two men fight and hit a pregnant woman and the child in the womb dies, then the one who killed the child in the womb was to die as well." Clearly showing the Law of God considered the life of a child in the womb to be a life.

Actually, the bible only specifies death as punishment if the mother also dies. The punishment for causing a woman to have a miscarriage is a fine.

See: Exodus 21:22-24

I think pro-lifers should be very careful about using the bible to define when life begins, because there is some really inconvenient scripture that would debunk their biblical authority for opposing abortion rights. This is because the bible says life begins when a person draws their first breath.

In Genesis 2:7 man did not become a living being until he drew his first breath. And in Job 33:4, it is the "breath of the Almighty" which gives us life.[/quote]

As I've stated before, I do not believe life begins at birth. I agree with the neurological view on when life begins. So the "evilness" of abortion, according to my values, is dependent upon when it takes place.

Is anybody here enough of an extremist to believe the morning-after pill is murder?
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

chuntley

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2008, 08:04:33 AM »

In 2007 there were slightly over 1.2 million abortions in the United States. There has been over 40 million abortions since 1973. Thats about 4000 a day.

I would be incline to say, that there are a lot of Men and Women, that turned pro abortion, when faced with the choice of a promising future and planning for kids later vs a early unplanned life of parenthood (single parenthood). Only to return as a louder voice for the anti abortion cause after one has aborted a child.

Reasons given for abortions in the US.

Want to postpone childbearing 25%
Want no more children 7.9%
Cannot afford a baby 21.3%
Having a child will disrupt education or job 10.8%
has a relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy 14.1%
Too young; parents or others object to pregnancy 12.2%
Risk to maternal health 2.8%
Risk to fetal health 3.3%
others 2.1% ) *

Women got abortions regardless to the legality aspect of abortion, and will continual to get them if they became illegal again. Its a matter of choosing your poison. Coat hanger or a Physician, a clean medical facilities , or a dirty wash tub, in a back ally hotel.

I find it funny when the anti abortion group say it is OK in the case of rape or incest. Killing is Killing regardless of how, why or where.

* Sources: The Alan Guttman Institute (Plan Parenthood)

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: February 29, 2008, 08:10:40 AM »

Is anybody here enough of an extremist to believe the morning-after pill is murder?
I think it is better to take precaution the night-before! The morning-after pill is a form of abortion, and abortion should not be used for birth control, and it certainly doesn't protect against STDs.

chuntley

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2008, 08:10:43 AM »

I find it funny when the anti abortion group say it is OK in the case of rape or incest. Killing is Killing regardless of how, why or where.

* Sources: The Alan Guttman Institute (Plan Parenthood)

If you concider Abortion Killing.

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2008, 08:33:49 AM »

I think it is better to take precaution the night-before! The morning-after pill is a form of abortion, and abortion should not be used for birth control, and it certainly doesn't protect against STDs.

But is it murder?
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

Keith_G

• Hero Talker
    • Out of the Shadows of Woody and Bo
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2008, 08:39:39 AM »

Seriously ... you consider the morning after pill a form of abortion? I'd like to know your reasoning behind such an assertion. The morning after pill is a drug that is designed to prevent ovulation or fertilization. No life has yet been conceived.
The darkest hour has but 60 minutes.

n_schultzy

• Active Talker
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2008, 03:25:38 PM »

One egg, one sperm, immediately 46 chromosomes of DNA are present.  DNA of a completely new being.

The Genesis 2:7 speaks about Adam and his breath of life.  Adam was never in the womb.  He was created by God and not conceived in a Woman.

Job 33:4 the breath of the almighty is speaking metaphorically.  Who is to say that the breath of the almighty does not come on conception.

Exodus  Old Testament Law is changed once the prophesies of the Messiah were fulfilled by Jesus Christ.

n_schultzy

• Active Talker
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2008, 03:26:51 PM »

The woman may not have just committed suicide because she was able to have an abortion on demand.  There seems to be something wrong beyond just her having an abortion.  So to say abortion completely caused this suicide is a bad argument.

Normal Joe

• Hero Talker
  • Yep..it's true. I'm Normal...
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2008, 04:05:07 PM »

The woman may not have just committed suicide because she was able to have an abortion on demand.  There seems to be something wrong beyond just her having an abortion.  So to say abortion completely caused this suicide is a bad argument.
Lets just simplify this for you. To kill an unborn baby is murder. It is a horrifying crime against God and  humanity.  When some people realize how horrifying, they may kill themselves, especially if they were the cause.
If all the leaves on all the trees could talk....

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2008, 04:13:26 PM »

But is it murder?
I feel 99.9% sure abortion is murder.

Seriously ... you consider the morning after pill a form of abortion? I'd like to know your reasoning behind such an assertion. The morning after pill is a drug that is designed to prevent ovulation or fertilization. No life has yet been conceived.
What is the difference? Either one causes an abortion. That pill your talking about does cause abortion if your pregnant.

I am not going to speculate why this woman kilt herself. I'd say aborting twins didn't help her mental health state.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up