MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > When is your favorite time to be online?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When is your favorite time to be online?  (Read 3181 times)

MonroeMom

When is your favorite time to be online?
« on: August 16, 2007, 11:36:28 PM »

Thirteen registered users and seven guests were viewing at 11.30PM on Thursday night. When is your favorite time to log in to Monroe Talks?

For me, when my Dear Girls are not at daycare, I check in every 30 minutes or so. I keep my laptop logged in most of the time. When I have a minute or two when the girls are absorbed in play or in Kipper, I check out Monroe Talks. So, I'm on most of the day. Sad, but true.  :-\

I hold out hope that someday I will again lead the life of a genuine adult!! LOL !!

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
Re: When is your favorite time to be online?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 11:40:59 PM »

I hold out hope that someday I will again lead the life of a genuine adult!! LOL !!

Being a MOM is the most genuine adult life I can imagine.
Snuggle & keep warm.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:47:27 PM »

Well, I do all my work on the internet....   then I spend some (too much) of my recreation time online...   and then some of those nights I just can't sleep.... 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

MonroeMom

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 11:50:47 PM »

Being a MOM is the most genuine adult life I can imagine.

Of course you're right, ShorTea, but you know what I mean. I can only talk baby talk for so long!!  :D :D :D

DeamonCohln

• Hero Talker
    • Deamon Cohln's YouTube
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 12:10:29 AM »

any time of the day. mostly when my girlfriends on though.

"To secure peace is, to prepare for war"
-Don't Tread on Me - Metallica.

m0x

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 12:11:23 AM »

Well, I do all my work on the internet....   then I spend some (too much) of my recreation time online...   and then some of those nights I just can't sleep.... 

What sort of work do you do, if you don't mind my asking?

I check this board whenever I happen to sit down at the computer (which is increasingly less as the days go by). I generally read topics and "lurk" until I find one to answer. If I am interested in a topic that's already 12 pages long, I'll generally read the thing in its entirety, but am too tired to respond after said-marathon, haha. I am trying to break my lurking habits to become a known and contributing member.

Ördög

• Hero Talker
  • Az ördög cimborája
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 01:11:31 AM »

I'm usually on late at night...early a.m. My kid's asleep, my wife leaves me be, and I'm a night owl at heart anyway. The best part though.....I'm usually one of very few people logged in, so I have my say on everything without any arguments until the next day. Right now I have 5 of the 6 newest posts, and there are only 3 members logged in.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 01:14:11 AM by Buz »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?

Paula Wethington

• Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • The Monroe News
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 06:18:05 AM »

I got in the habit of logging onto the computer first thing in the morning, while I'm watching the morning headlines on TV and eating breakfast. (today it's yogurt, granola and raisins).

My family has been on the Internet since 1996, but it wasn't until this summer that we graduated out of dial-up to a high-speed connection. Imagine, if you will, the competition for computer and phone time with a husband who loves iTunes, a teen-age daughter doing her homework, and out-of-town family members who never pick up the phone to call anyone because they are sending all their chats via e-mail!

The new Internet connections solved a lot of problems for us, and my daughter now has her own laptop. But early a.m. still works for me to check in with the rest of the world.

So when you see a 6 a.m. log-in for me .. I'm not at work yet! I'm eating breakfast.

Newsroom digital team leader member, reporter for The Monroe News
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/MonroeNewsPaula

MonroeMom

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 08:56:59 AM »

YAY!!! MomEm is back!!!!  Hope you had a wonderful vacation and that you're rested and ready to take on more tuff topics!!

:D :D :D :D :D

crazeemom

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 02:36:15 PM »

Lke clockwork I am on here between 12p and 2p off and on.  I try to read the online news then I come here to read about everyones posts.  I don't post often because sometimes I am left utterly speachless by what I have read.
Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up