MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > "Seven Passages: The Stories of Gay Christians"

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Seven Passages: The Stories of Gay Christians"  (Read 5029 times)

bloodbought

• Elite Talker
Re: "Seven Passages: The Stories of Gay Christians"
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2008, 01:14:09 PM »

Would you consider guardian spirits demons?  If so, I have 2 and they're quite nice though Jose and I get into fights sometimes because I'm a whisky man and he likes tequilia.  Chrys doesn't like to drink which is why she doesn't show up often.  Still when she does show up it's nice to see her.  She's such a pretty dragon.

Might I suggest, you  stop drinking then ;)

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »

Who said He does not talk?
If someone came up and told you God spoke to them, would you believe them?
Or would you thnk they were nuts.

I would not automatically believe a random stranger telling me that God spoke to them. But I would reserve judgement on their sanity until they told me what they meant by it.
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

PXaiver

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2008, 01:44:23 PM »

Might I suggest, you  stop drinking then ;)

Jesus was the one who turned water into wine, not me.  I figure if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me.

bloodbought

• Elite Talker
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2008, 02:08:37 PM »

Jesus was the one who turned water into wine, not me.  I figure if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me.

True , but was it fermented wine or unfermented wine?

It never mention He saw pretty dragons when He was drinking it.
But you grabbed onto a convenient argument.
It's none of my business wheter you drink or not. I personall hate the stuff, but that's me.

On a serios note, if you are really curious about this, I will answer.
If you were kidding, who knows, maybe someone else was wondering.

God does have angels to surround and protect. He has also used angels to send messages.
But, people who claim they see a dead family member, ghost, or spirit hanging around the house, or hear them, is not from God.
God don't send angels for entertainment purposes.
These shows that try to convince people grampa came back to be my guardian angel, or dead people are still lingering because they have unfinished business or whatever...., is just trying to come up with reasons for why they see things that are supernatural

God does not let the dead speak to the living like that.
That was shown in the old testament.
So yes, it would be a demon.
Satan comes as an angel of the light, He is a powerful angel created by God, but he speaks only lies.
So if someone thinks they can control a spirit and make nice, they are sadly mistaken.
The demon is just toying with them.
It's deception.

Besides, when we die, we do not become angels. They are created beings.

PXaiver

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2008, 02:12:43 PM »

True , but was it fermented wine or unfermented wine?

It never mention He saw pretty dragons when He was drinking it.
But you grabbed onto a convenient argument.
It's none of my business wheter you drink or not. I personall hate the stuff, but that's me.

On a serios note, if you are really curious about this, I will answer.
If you were kidding, who knows, maybe someone else was wondering.

God does have angels to surround and protect. He has also used angels to send messages.
But, people who claim they see a dead family member, ghost, or spirit hanging around the house, or hear them, is not from God.
God don't send angels for entertainment purposes.
These shows that try to convince people grampa came back to be my guardian angel, or dead people are still lingering because they have unfinished business or whatever...., is just trying to come up with reasons for why they see things that are supernatural

God does not let the dead speak to the living like that.
That was shown in the old testament.
So yes, it would be a demon.
Satan comes as an angel of the light, He is a powerful angel created by God, but he speaks only lies.
So if someone thinks they can control a spirit and make nice, they are sadly mistaken.
The demon is just toying with them.
It's deception.

Besides, when we die, we do not become angels. They are created beings.

I don't see Chrys when I'm drinking it, I see her when I'm not.  She's in my head, I can feel her around me, when she's near.  Either way I have a link to her.  The dragon is my Celtic Spirit Animal and Jose is from a past life...This is his punishment for what he did to me in that one and I feel I have a Lynx, my Native American spirit animal, waiting to join me once I earn him. 

I know we dont become angels when we die.  That's a popular misconception about your religion. 

For_Esmé

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2008, 05:41:51 PM »

I heard that in elementary school, and He wouldn't bother

I love people who can dictate what the G.O.D. would bother with and wouldn't bother with.

I'll come to you from now on before i'll ask the big guy. You seem to be his/her secretary.
"People seem to enjoy things more when they know a lot of other people have been left out of the pleasure." ~ Russell Baker

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe."  ~ Johann von Goethe

"Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation.
Deep space is my dwelling place,
The Stars my destination." 
~Alfred Bester

Lithunica

• Hero Talker
    • Aleks7
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »

Cool, I heard a lot of good reviews of the play,and about the whole Gays can not be Christians... why not? even if you believe that homosexuality is a sin, since when sinners can not believe in God (take a look at our Government Religion is like a primary campaign strategy) also shouldn't we be throwing rocks at our children every time they disobey their parents? that'll teach them
is an illustrator and a decent human being. Wrestling bears and Segway jousting, stimulating your mind with visual opium.
IG/Twitter: @Aleks7even

bloodbought

• Elite Talker
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2008, 02:04:50 PM »

Cool, I heard a lot of good reviews of the play,and about the whole Gays can not be Christians... why not? even if you believe that homosexuality is a sin, since when sinners can not believe in God (take a look at our Government Religion is like a primary campaign strategy) also shouldn't we be throwing rocks at our children every time they disobey their parents? that'll teach them

Sure sinners believe in God, satan believes in God too. That won't save him from the lake of fire.

You can believe in God, or you can believe God.
There is a difference.
If you do not believe God, then you are calling Him a liar.

Lithunica

• Hero Talker
    • Aleks7
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2008, 02:18:53 PM »

Sure sinners believe in God, satan believes in God too. That won't save him from the lake of fire.

You can believe in God, or you can believe God.
There is a difference.
If you do not believe God, then you are calling Him a liar.

So am I good to throw rocks at misbehaving kids? Or is it a member only privilege?
is an illustrator and a decent human being. Wrestling bears and Segway jousting, stimulating your mind with visual opium.
IG/Twitter: @Aleks7even
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up