MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Johnny Rockets in monroe?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Johnny Rockets in monroe?  (Read 20772 times)

PXaiver

Re: Johnny Rockets in monroe?
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2008, 11:19:13 AM »

OMG!!! Maybe you just haven't come across the right one yet. Keep trying. How old are you? I heard a bunch of single moms were heading over there Friday for dinner and some fun. But I heard they like dancing.
You never know.

I'm 27 and I'm pretty particular.  The only time I dance is when I'm way too intoxicated to know better.  For those of you who know me, this is when "The Dog" comes out.  I usually spending the next 3 weeks in a sober guilt trip because I made such a fool of myself.  I've discussed this in other threads.  I don't have fun; I enjoy myself.

You are cracking me up!!!!!  I have so much to say  ;D  We'll have to drum this one up at blues night!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Let it out sister.  I'm really curious as to what your take on this whole thing is considering you know a bit of what's going on in my life......

AngelaK

• Hero Talker
  • Justice for Julia!!
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2008, 11:23:53 AM »

I'm 27 and I'm pretty particular.  The only time I dance is when I'm way too intoxicated to know better.  For those of you who know me, this is when "The Dog" comes out.  I usually spending the next 3 weeks in a sober guilt trip because I made such a fool of myself.  I've discussed this in other threads.  I don't have fun; I enjoy myself.

Let it out sister.  I'm really curious as to what your take on this whole thing is considering you know a bit of what's going on in my life......

How much has aunt Deb told ya????  I think this one is better discussed in private. 

Put it this way, someone we both know just may bring the walls down when the Dog is let out  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

That's why I'm providing the After Shock on blues night!!! ;D 

PXaiver

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2008, 11:34:25 AM »

How much has aunt Deb told ya????  I think this one is better discussed in private. 

Put it this way, someone we both know just may bring the walls down when the Dog is let out  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

That's why I'm providing the After Shock on blues night!!! ;D 

Hmmm...I didn't get any indication of that on Saturday night...Oh well, I'm usually blind to such things anyway.  I guess my libido likes a surprise...

Pleasantville

• Hero Talker
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2008, 09:43:53 PM »

oh She LOVES to dance and sing..... that's why she applied for this job..... she loves to entertain. It's just the punks who know that they WOULD never be able to do it..... that go and heckle. Those are the lil freaks I want to strangle. LOL I swear I will never be able to go in when she's working because I'd probably hear some kid/adult make a crack and get caught tossing my shake in their face. OMG. LOL kidding....

sortof
Watch your Thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions.  Watch your actions, they become habits.

Watch your Habits, they become character. Watch your Character, for it becomes your Destiny

'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'

PXaiver

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2008, 07:47:02 AM »

oh She LOVES to dance and sing..... that's why she applied for this job..... she loves to entertain. It's just the punks who know that they WOULD never be able to do it..... that go and heckle. Those are the lil freaks I want to strangle. LOL I swear I will never be able to go in when she's working because I'd probably hear some kid/adult make a crack and get caught tossing my shake in their face. OMG. LOL kidding....

sortof

If your kid loves to entertain, tell her to join the Monroe theater group.  I'm sure they would love to have someone who is young and enthusiastic.  As someone said before, they took the job so they know that they have to dance AND may be heckeled.  I personally don't feel it's right to heckle people since I feel embarrassed for them....

Nadjalu

• Hero Talker
« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »

Well we braved the crowds to eat there today. 

All in all it was good.  We knew what we were going for, a hamburger and fries (or onion rings for my hubby).  So no surprises there. 
The atmosphere is "cute" and does ring of an era long gone.  The food was just what is was.  Our waitress was pleasant and upset when my order was a bit messed up.  But let's face it, it is to be expected right now.  She was relieved it wasn't a big deal to me.  So I would assume the staff is overwhelmed right now. 
I must say I was a bit taken aback on the pricing though, to me it is a bit much for what you get.  But I assume you are paying for atmosphere.  (LOL). 
(I am ready to pay for atmosphere at say, Andiamos but a 50's diner......?????)  I do wish them well, hopefully they will find "their" crowd and will prosper. 

reham35

• New Talker
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »

Sunday night we ate at JR's.  Home for about an hour, let's just say we were rocketing.
Talked with a neighbor, who also had the same propulsion effect from their food.
No dancing when we were there.. A bit shocked at the prices... wow...high
I must say I hope it does well, for the investors, the kids working there.. but I won't go back. I don't need to spend $25.00 and be sick for two days, cramping and having horrible stomach pain.
The floor where they cook, piled with fries, wrappers, and God knows what else; that tracks through the place.  We didn't have napkins in our holder thing.. Hamburgers came out first, we waited for our fries... Waitress brought over two shakes, she didn't know if they went to our table or not.
Some guy that works there came out and lingered and hung out with the other kids; just weird.
I will take my 25.00 bucks and eat somewhere else in Monroe, where I know I won't get sick... If you want a great meal, good service, and you don't feel rushed, or ripped off, absolutely go to Senior Cactus -- great food, much better than JR's.  I don't even consider getting sick from their food, or that what I pay for wasn't worth it - always a good meal and service at Senior Cactus.

MonroeMom

« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2008, 06:11:38 PM »

Sunday night we ate at JR's.  Home for about an hour, let's just say we were rocketing.
Talked with a neighbor, who also had the same propulsion effect from their food.
..... but I won't go back. I don't need to spend $25.00 and be sick for two days, cramping and having horrible stomach pain.
I have not been to the JR in Monroe, but the very same thing has happened to me each and every time I've eaten at the ones in Atlanta. There must be an ingredient they use that affects some people that way. Sorry you went through that, I feel your pain!! But thanks for posting. I was going to try them again just to see....

KLK

• Hero Talker
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »

I think the performance part of the job would be addressed in the interview process.  If anyone is uncomfortable with it, then this would not be the job for them. I know my daughter would love to do it, she enjoys performing (drama and singing...etc.).  She did not get out early enough to put in her application though.

Same thing with my stepdaughter. She would be good for the job too.
Give it a couple months, maybe some of the help will tire of it and leave.
If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them.

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2008, 08:49:22 PM »

I went there a few days ago. Place was packed, really loud due to the echoing. The food was pretty expensive considering what you got (12 bucks for a regular burger, some fries, and a shake?). My friend's salad (6 bucks?) was just lettuce and cheese due to the tomato scare. But still, a 3 ingredient salad? What's the profit margin on that, 400%?

I was hoping for something like a Steak & Shake (cheap food, not bad, open late), but this place is just kind of a novelty thing.
your mom goes to college.

ChadB

• Hero Talker
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »

I went there a few days ago. Place was packed, really loud due to the echoing. The food was pretty expensive considering what you got (12 bucks for a regular burger, some fries, and a shake?). My friend's salad (6 bucks?) was just lettuce and cheese due to the tomato scare. But still, a 3 ingredient salad? What's the profit margin on that, 400%?

I was hoping for something like a Steak & Shake (cheap food, not bad, open late), but this place is just kind of a novelty thing.

Looks like a gimic to me. I'll pass.

Mrs.S

• Hero Talker
  • Yes, it is I, Mrs.S
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2008, 09:05:28 PM »

Sounds like Red Robin.  I didn't like that place for the same reasons lordfly posted.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2008, 07:31:20 AM »

it will probably be gone within a year...lets bring back papa johns pie!!
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2008, 07:36:17 PM »

My experience has been positive. Had the double burgers on our trip. Could have done just as well with the single. We were stuffed! Cute place and really nice atmosphere.

We had two Double burgers loaded, chili cheese fries & a Mocha Fudge Malt. All very tasty and satisfying. Also had a coupon for any free burger of same value off the internet and our bill was about $15.

Johnny Rockets have a proven track record, are run professionally and their popularity is high. They seem to make it everywhere they go, so time will tell what happens in Monroe. 

yes time will tell...but monroe dont usually take kindly to new businesses it seems. especially if its over priced as they say this place is. i probably wont go there at all.

do they have a drive thru window??  :D
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

Lethlweapn

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2008, 07:41:58 PM »

yes time will tell...but monroe dont usually take kindly to new businesses it seems. especially if its over priced as they say this place is. i probably wont go there at all.

do they have a drive thru window??  :D

LOL nope sorry noshie no drive thru, unless you want to try and make it one. O.O
 :o

I haven't been yet. Every time I drive by it seems the parking lot is full. I wish them well and may visit after the "Newness" wears off.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up