MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Miscellaneous > E85 flex fueled vehicles

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: E85 flex fueled vehicles  (Read 3130 times)

Diesel Dave

• Hero Talker
Re: E85 flex fueled vehicles
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 01:04:10 AM »

i ran out of gas once...so i put this bottle of ronrico 151 in the tank...ran like a charm!! :D

Just which tank did that go into Nosh??
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is , as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 05:44:02 AM »

I'm going to try some in my lawnmower this summer.  It can't be any worse than running the lawnmower on diesel.  I inadventently put a tankfull of B-20 in the lawnmower last summer.  It ran but it smoked a little. ;D

I was reading that any vehicle can run E85 gasoline.  It just wont run it efficiantly with out some modifications.  The main issue is that E85 needs more fuel injected into the combustion chamber.  The fuel injectors on a car set for just gasoline wont inject enough fuel which will cause the engine to run lean and a loss of power.  But the engine will still run.
From what i understand for some vehicles its just a matter of putting a bigger fuel injector on the vehicle and tweeking some other ignition parts (spark plugs, air intake, etc)
www.e85vehicles.com

As for a lawnmower that runs on a carburator I think it will work fine beccause you can set the carborator to a richer setting.  I doubt you'll notice any difference in performance.  Running your law equipment on E85 doesn't sound like a bad idea!

7n7

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2008, 07:53:30 AM »

There's a bit more to the parts list.... it's corrosive. I'm not sure what that entails, but I suspect steel tanks and fuel lines might be at risk.
One in four people are mentally disturbed.
If three of your friends seem ok, you're the one!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up