MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Is it better to be physically attractive or intelligent?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it better to be physically attractive or intelligent?  (Read 6771 times)

MonroeMom

Is it better to be physically attractive or intelligent?
« on: August 18, 2007, 11:06:52 AM »

I prefer intelligent. Of course, both is best!!

no one gets my name right anyway

• Hero Talker
Re: Is it better to be physically attractive or intelligent?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 11:22:16 AM »

Intelligence.  I think it's definitely a form of inner beauty.  Both can be misused, though, and become ugly.

TPoKE

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »

Pretty is as pretty does...I would take the intelligence. You could be the most attractive person in the world and be ugly on the inside and it will make whatever surface beauty you have be null and void to me. But beign attractive does have its perks doesnt it? ::)

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 01:30:28 PM »

Intelligent.  Of course this explains why Anna Nicole Smith was so popular doesn't it?
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

TPoKE

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 01:40:36 PM »

Pretty is as pretty does...I would take the intelligence. You could be the most attractive person in the world and be ugly on the inside and it will make whatever surface beauty you have be null and void to me. But beign attractive does have its perks doesnt it? ::)

tpoke,
You can be intelligent and also be ugly on the inside.

So if they are both beautiful on the inside, is it better to be physically attractive or intelligent?

You have to pick 1 TPoke.

yeah...your right, but in my mnd, if you have intelligence your more apt to think about your actions and understand that being ugly wont get you very far for very long.

I did pick one...I chose intelligence....maybe thats cause I already know what its like to not be attractive.
I pick the same with your scenerio too.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 01:42:32 PM by TPoKE »

Wicked Dan O Shay

• Active Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 01:55:34 PM »

Beauty on the inside can shine very bright. Intellegence can be missused. Thye say a person can be smarter than their intelligence. We need to adjust to what is given us at birth. There are no accidents.We need to accept others and be kind an lend a helping hand to people we encounter in life whether or not they are intelligent and good looking, I could have said this  better. Maybe or maybe not. You reap what you sow. oh well what do I know lol just too quote  someone.

wicked dan o shay

utility slug

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 02:04:26 PM »

Outer beauty shows right away.   Inner beauty takes its time to unveil.

We all know some drop dead gorgeous people who, after awhile, make you wonder what planet they're from.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:36:44 PM by utility slug »

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 05:25:39 PM »

I chose beauty…..actually beauty chose me and we’ve been married 22 years but it’s only been in the past year or so that I’m realizing the importance of intelligence.

Our children do the dumbest things I’ve ever seen in my life and they are old enough to know better.

Okay I’ll try to make this short, daughter graduates and quickly moves in with boyfriend.
We bought her birth control pills because we knew what was coming. Daughter forgot to take occasionally so now we have a grandbaby. (We bought a huge supply of condoms after that for both her boyfriend and our daughter in case they ever broke up)
Daughter breaks up with boyfriend and dates a coworker…we receive a call asking if the car they were test driving was a good value….looked it up and said no.
After the hang up we somehow figured she would co-sign for the guy so we called her to warn her not to be so stupid. A month later the collection agency wants their money because the guy is slacking. OMG! IDIOT! Now our daughter has one in the oven again with the new guy but has gone back to the old guy.

Most of you know the story of my son, long story short, a guy tries to pull into a slot at the mall when my son and two girls are heading to the movies and the guy almost hits the teens and laughs so my son waited until the car load of guys entered the mall. My son went back out and opened the door, pulled his radio out and put it in a car next door to teach him a lesson. Someone witnessed the incident and the sheriff jailed him in the crowded bull pen over the weekend and charged him with a felony. The visiting magistrate said he should write the judge to say he was sorry (An admission of guilt)
He plead guilty to a felony and received probation (and jail time if he violated the terms)
Well the dummy got caught with a .046 BAC in his system so now he has a ticket for minor in possession. So much for hoping that felony record would go away and I fully expect he’ll end up doing jail time.

At least they’ve both graduated but I don’t know how.

I can see most people prefer intelligence but I guess I was too dumb and couldn’t resist beauty.  :-[
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

crazeemom

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 08:49:25 PM »

Looks fade for most.  Intelligence is subjective for the most part.  I would have to say 25 percent looks and 75 percent everything else. (intelligence, personality etc)
Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday.

Kalandra

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 09:56:00 PM »

What's up with Monroetalks being so physical-based today? My, my.

Anyhow.

Personally, I find intelligence the most charismatic and sexy trait a person could have. If on first glance I don't "dig" someone right away but spend a moment talking to them and hear something that perks my ears, I confess they jump higher on my ladder immediately.

Physical beauty not only fades, but it changes/evolves in a matter of weeks/months/days. It is always nice to find someone attractive, though that attraction won't keep a relationship together.

Give me a grand conversation over coffee and music anytime. If I want someone to oogle at, I'll pick up some star-studded celebrity magazine. =/

DeamonCohln

• Hero Talker
    • Deamon Cohln's YouTube
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »

I'm both   :-*

"To secure peace is, to prepare for war"
-Don't Tread on Me - Metallica.

DeamonCohln

• Hero Talker
    • Deamon Cohln's YouTube
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 02:09:22 AM »

s'cool, I prolly wouldn't have noticed it anyway.

"To secure peace is, to prepare for war"
-Don't Tread on Me - Metallica.

7n7

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 12:55:41 PM »

I've been married for 9 years, I'm not allowed to acknowledge either of the two if it's a she, and don't really care if it's a he!  ::)
One in four people are mentally disturbed.
If three of your friends seem ok, you're the one!

RosesAreRed

• Active Talker
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 10:17:45 AM »

Intelligence! I would choose this for myself, and for those who I surround myself with(my partner, my friends, and my family.) It's nice to be around attractive people, sure, but I'd rather have an engaging conversation with someone than sit there staring at them because all they talk about are silly, superficial things.

Farmer.Ted

• Hero Talker
  • I will try to be good. For a minute!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 11:24:46 AM »

You people are so shallow..

I don't care what you say.. Every time I see Jessica Simpson, I see outer beauty and when she speaks, oh my, she just oozes intelligence..  Wow to have both, she is the complete package!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up