MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Kenny Chesney Concert

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kenny Chesney Concert  (Read 3058 times)

coreymcbee

• New Talker
Kenny Chesney Concert
« on: August 19, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »

Well, as most of us already know Kenny Chesney played at Ford Field last night for his well known Flip Flop Summer Tour. It was a wonderful time. People singin, people drinkin, everyone had a great time. OHHH wait there was a special guest, Uncle Craker, Who came out to sing when the sun goes down with kenny chesney.

eaglepride

Re: Kenny Chesney Concert
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 01:11:24 PM »

I know Kenny was mad at Renee Zellweger, because she said something about he had a small salt shaker.

loser

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 03:16:43 PM »

i heard the mullet count was just shy of 30,000
you know how much you miss my avitar

bethany6788

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:32:45 PM »

That was my third year in a row seeing Kenny chesney, and I have to say that I haven't seen him smile or be so happy onstage. I thought he looked so thrilled with the response.

The concert was good. I was impressed with Sugarland and thought Brooks and Dunn were amazing!
Beauty is whatever gives you joy. - Hugh Nibley

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 01:28:49 PM »

I wasn't there, but my son told me that just prior to Brooks & Dunn going on stage, they ran a Toyota ad on the big screen behind the stage. 

In the City of Detroit??  He said the place erupted in "BOOOOOOOOOO's".

Oooooooooooooh.  HUGE faux pas!!!  I can't believe that the concert organizers for such a seasoned act as Brooks & Dunn would do such a thing in Detroit.  I wonder if Brooks and/or Dunn knew what the boo's were all about.

Other than that, he said the night was great!  According to him, Kenny, Kix and Ronnie rocked the place.

shelfish999

• New Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 02:31:06 PM »

I can assure you that Brooks & Dunn had no clue that there was booing going on, I was there and I didn't hear it. The crowd went crazy....just like they did at the Cleveland concert...but it definitely did not sound like booing! They put on the same performance across the country and I don't think they considered altering it for Detroit.

This is the seventh time I've seen Kenny, and I have to agree that I've never seen him so obviously happy and smiling and having a great time....It was great! I think it may have had to do with a little partying going on back stage.....I've seen Pat Green several times and never seen him act so goofy!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 03:08:44 PM »

Just to clarify, my son said the booing was ONLY for the ad.  As soon as Brooks and Dunn came on stage, the cheers went nuts. 

I don't think anyone can ASSURE whether or not B & D  heard any booing.  The only thing for sure was that, if they did, it didn't affect their performance.  I undersatand they were great. 

"Wish I was there...

Pages: [1]   Go Up