MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Toure' thanks "God and Country that abortion was there to save me" . . :-(

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toure' thanks "God and Country that abortion was there to save me" . . :-(  (Read 1568 times)

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker

NBC Reported Toure' on the 40th Anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision related how 15 years ago while in a committed relationship his girlfriend had an abortion.  He discussed how he was not really committed to her and she was not really committed to him and that this was all for the best further stating that: 

I thank God and country that when I fell into a bad situation, abortion was there to save me and keep me on a path toward building a strong family I have now. And I pray that safety net stays in place,” Toure' said.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-cycle/50591564#50591564
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

MM1

• Hero Talker

Ugh!  He didn't "fall" into a bad situation.  He took his pants off and crawled into bed with it. 

Abortion as birth control.    Beautiful.   :(

Baggins

• Hero Talker

Ugh!  He didn't "fall" into a bad situation.  He took his pants off and crawled into bed with it. 

Abortion as birth control.    Beautiful.   :(

Well, as harsh as it may seem, I do believe some people should not be parents, or bring a person into this world to be another's burden...

I can't put it any other way...I know it sounds cold, and I don't say it to offend anyone.  It's just the way I feel about.
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

MM1

• Hero Talker

I hear ya.  Here's an idea . . . . in cases of no medical reasoning or rape/incest,  I say let's snip those people at the same time.  Take care of TWO problems at once. 

This story was nothing more than a matter of inconvenience and that just does not sit well with me at all. 

It's just my opinion.   

Pax

• Hero Talker
  • "keepin' the bits cool & dry"
    • Coffee and Cigarettes for Breakfast

An unrepentant murderer doesn't get through the Pearly Gates last I checked...but the Adversary will welcome him with open arms through the Gates of Hell when his time comes.

Oddly enough I've just run across this article which references one in Salon, one of the most loonie-leftist "news" sources anywhere on the planet, on the topic:

Because if that being in the womb is human, any justification offered for when or why it is acceptable to kill the child is ethically and constitutionally a case for legalizing murder. That is what the author of Roe, Supreme Court justice Harry Blackmun, understood when he wrote in the January 22, 1973 case, that if it were known the child in the womb is a human person, the case for abortion rights, "of course collapses." Yet that simple moral truth seems lost on today's abortion movement. In her pro-death screed, Mary Williams actually wrote these words:

"Here's the complicated reality in which we live: All life is not equal... And I would put the life of a mother over the life of a fetus every single time -- even if I still need to acknowledge my conviction that the fetus is indeed a life. A life worth sacrificing."

First, let's again note the intellectual dishonesty in her statement. Williams and her pro-abortion ilk are not putting "the life of a mother over the life of a fetus." They are putting the convenience and expediency of the mother over the life of a fetus. But beyond that, let's acknowledge Williams' surrender on the truth of what we've all known for a long time and only the most cowardly among us pretend that they don't know (see Barack Obama's infamous remark that, "Answering that question with any specificity is above my pay grade"): The word fetus, just like the words adolescent and toddler, doesn't refer to a nonhuman. It refers to a human at a particular stage of development.

And what liberals who advocate for the right to choose an abortion are saying is precisely what Williams admitted: they believe that some human beings -- particularly the less developed, the less wanted, the less convenient -- can be murdered at the whim of other human beings. Those innocent lives are "worth sacrificing." It's an honest confession, but equally horrifying, particularly because we've heard such suggestions before in human history, from the mouths of slave owners to the lips of Adolf Hitler himself.
[emphasis mine]

Political and spiritual lunatics decry Right Wing Violence! and so-called Violence against Women! while sacrificing a known 50 +/- million of their most vulnerable fellow human beings in this country alone.   They, and their cheerleaders, are indeed Murderous Hypocrites.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:43:13 PM by Pax »
Qui tacet consentit! - "He who is silent consents" - Maxim of Law
"For he who would be deceived, let him." - Roman maxim
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.
Ryht æðelo biþ on ðam móde, næs on ðam flæ-acute

Baggins

• Hero Talker

I hear ya.  Here's an idea . . . . in cases of no medical reasoning or rape/incest,  I say let's snip those people at the same time.  Take care of TWO problems at once. 

This story was nothing more than a matter of inconvenience and that just does not sit well with me at all. 

It's just my opinion.   

Oh, I get what you're meaning...And, I have no problem with the being snipped part either...
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

Reason

• Active Talker

It's just my opinion.   

[like button] Likes. [/like button]
Open mouth - First mistake. - Zen Proverb

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

Yep...butting into the business of others is certainly a Conservative trait but advocating for sterilization is going too far.  8*
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up