MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Child abuse?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Child abuse?  (Read 4255 times)

sue lee

• Hero Talker
Re: Child abuse?
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 10:02:52 PM »

Butt in, you may be saving a child. Hearing a slap in your backyard is a bit much. The child is being hit too hard, buttocks or not. Verbal abuse is just as bad.
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

TPoKE

Re: Child abuse?
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 10:18:13 PM »

I had a neighbor who heard my sons playing with their father and called the police to my house because she thought they where being abused....this same neighbor called the police again when her son lied and said my grandson pulled his pants down and said or did something sexual. This same neighbor later recanted everything because her son decided that he would rather remain friends with my grandson and he told the truth...but as a result of her calling we had to face dealing with CPS, luckily she stopped it by admitting that her son lied about it all. Most people are so lucky in their situations...and they get caught up in a system wrongfully because of neighbors like the one I had.

There are people that for whatever reason, will call and report what they deem as abuse when in fact it could be anything but. I think there should be some sort of measure in place to stop un-necessary reports being made, but I will assume that that task would be daunting if not impossible altogether because how would they know that its false if they dont check it out? sigh

so the systems biggest help in finding abused children is the same resource that hinders it with false accusations. But in the end more children are safer because of ::)

and physically discipling your children is not a crime, abuse is....anytime there are bruises and marks left on a child after discipline its abuse.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up