MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Getting Started & Site News > New terms of service for MonroeTalks

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: New terms of service for MonroeTalks  (Read 29319 times)

danshaw

• Active Talker
New terms of service for MonroeTalks
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »

New terms of service for MonroeTalks.com were posted today. You can read more about the whys and wherefores at my blog, NewsNotes, at www.blogsmonroe.com/editors

The complete terms of service are at www.monroetalks.com/terms. I've listed the rules for posting, which are just part of the terms of service, here.

•   Please be responsible. Self-moderate, remembering that this is a family Web site. Don’t post content you wouldn’t want your 13-year-old child or your mother to view. That includes profanity, nudity and lewdness.
•   Any content you post on MonroeTalks.com must be your original work, or you must have authorization from the copyright owner. Do not attempt to impersonate another individual.
•   Do not post content that defames or invades the privacy of an individual. Keep your disagreements civil. No harassing or intimidating others. Disagree with another person’s views – don’t attack the person.
•   Keep your ranting to a minimum. Take a deep breath, count to 10.
•   Try to keep your posts on topic as much as possible.
•   Content that promotes racism, bigotry, homophobia, hatred or physical harm to any group or individual will not be tolerated.

On a related topic.
The process of rewriting the terms of service raised a number of issues and questions. I’d like to get together with MonroeTalks.com users to hear your thoughts, answer questions and chat about how to improve the forums.
I’ll buy the coffee if you’ll join me at 9 a.m. Friday, April 11, at Café Classic in downtown Monroe. Names are optional. I just want to hear what folks have to say and give anyone a chance to ask questions.
This isn't just about the terms of service, but about anything we can do to improve the forum experience.
Hope to see you there.
Dan

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: New terms of service for MonroeTalks
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:26:27 PM »

I will certainly take you up on that cup of coffee offer Dan.

Thank You.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

illuminerie

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 03:36:31 PM »

• Keep your ranting to a minimum. Take a deep breath, count to 10.

:D
Thanks. I trust even simple points like these will ensure the forum to be a clean and comfortable place for all decent people.

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »

•   Please be responsible. Self-moderate, remembering that this is a family Web site. Don’t post content you wouldn’t want your 13-year-old child or your mother to view. That includes profanity, nudity and lewdness.

Sounds good to me! I wouldn't approve an adult forum for my 13-year old (but I realize I can't prevent it)  *:)  and I haven't mentioned MT to my mother :D :P

I would like to point out to my fellow talkers that there is a special feature called the "ignore button." I know some have requested expanding the feature to include boards and topics... ;)

Thanks for all of your hard work MT Crew!! :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:00:41 PM by marilyn.monroe »

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 04:07:25 PM »

"...or free of viruses or other harmful components."
There is no way you can run a filter for that crap? If not, why not give out some helpful advice to Talkers for avoiding the damage.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 04:08:14 PM »

JUST OBEY!   *:)
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 04:14:05 PM »

LOL & I notice MT relieves itself from any responsibility if the fights fall off the forum and onto the street! :P

"You agree to indemnify and hold harmless MonroeTalks.com, its affiliates, agents, employees, representatives and licensors against any liability of any nature arising out of any content posted on the MonroeTalks.com site by you or by others using your account."

err maybe that means if you click a bad link and it kills your harddrive or someone runs up your credit card MT is not responsible!   :o

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 04:23:35 PM »

funny how all this came into effect after the whining little gestapo cries about flirting! then whines about brd's thread. he really needs to get a life! go learn the violin or something cause you sure have been playing it enough around here!!!!

illuminerie

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 04:43:19 PM »

•   Do not post content that defames or invades the privacy of an individual. Keep your disagreements civil. No harassing or intimidating others. Disagree with another person’s views – don’t attack the person.

funny how all this came into effect after the whining little gestapo cries about flirting! then whines about brd's thread. he really needs to get a life! go learn the violin or something cause you sure have been playing it enough around here!!!!
Read the rule. They were put into effect because some cannot be civil. Some insist on harassing and acting indecent, as we see in your harassing post above. If the Administration thought my suggestions were unimportant or wouldn't have added to the well being of this site, then they wouldn't have added them to the Terms of Service.

I have remained reasonable and civil through all of this, only desiring this site be a decent and comfortable place for all.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »

Dan - Too bad you picked a time when most workers are working!  I know, you can't please all the people all the time.  :P

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 04:46:31 PM »

And now it begins.

Any bets on when the first tattletale messages to DanShaw are sent over arguments in the Religion and Politics forums?

HE SAID SOMETHING MEAN ABOUT A RACE BAN HIM
HE MOCKED MY GOD BAN HIM
HE ISN'T SAFE FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER TO READ BAN HIM

There is no such thing as common sense.
your mom goes to college.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »

Read the rule. They were put into effect because some cannot be civil. Some insist on harassing and acting indecent, as we see in your harassing post above. If the Administration thought my suggestions were unimportant or wouldn't have added to the well being of this site, then they wouldn't have added them to the Terms of Service.

I have remained reasonable and civil through all of this, only desiring this site be a decent and comfortable place for all.

you are just an itroverted whiner...who probably cant live out of his own realm. go whine at some other newspapers forum...things were just fine here till you opened your mouth.

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 04:53:56 PM »

you are just an itroverted whiner...who probably cant live out of his own realm. go whine at some other newspapers forum...things were just fine here till you opened your mouth.

MT Addiction thread...

peace,
Griff
"No man's life or liberty is safe while the Legislature is in session." ~Mark Twain

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

bethany6788

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 04:54:12 PM »

And now it begins.

Any bets on when the first tattletale messages to DanShaw are sent over arguments in the Religion and Politics forums?

HE SAID SOMETHING MEAN ABOUT A RACE BAN HIM
HE MOCKED MY GOD BAN HIM
HE ISN'T SAFE FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER TO READ BAN HIM

There is no such thing as common sense.

LOL lordfly!!  :D
Beauty is whatever gives you joy. - Hugh Nibley

MonroeMom

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 04:57:21 PM »

And now it begins.

I'd take that bet............  *:)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up