MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Getting Started & Site News > RSS feeds per board!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RSS feeds per board!  (Read 2236 times)

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
RSS feeds per board!
« on: August 24, 2007, 02:41:26 PM »

I've added links next to each of the thematic boards (on the forum index) for viewing/subscribing to the RSS feeds for each.

For those of you unfamiliar with RSS, you can read an introduction to the concept here.

This is one more way you can view only the forum content in which you're interested, delivered right to your RSS reader!
MonroeTalks.com Administration

billylumbergh

• Active Talker
Re: RSS feeds per board!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 04:32:24 PM »

I'm not sure if there's an option you can set on how many posts are on the feed at one time, but on the feeds right now I end up missing a lot of posts which I think is due to how often Google Reader checks for new ones.

For example, I might get an entry for a reply to a topic, when the topic never came. Also, on hot threads where there are many posts in a short period, I usually only get maybe 5 of the new ones and the older ones don't show up. I think that's from when Google checks the feed, the oldest ones have already fallen off the list.

I know that Google will get all entries that on a feed, unless it's the first time you've ever subscribed to it, then by default it grabs the last 10, which is why I'm thinking they just aren't on there when Google checks.

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
Re: RSS feeds per board!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:54:49 AM »

I recently changed the number of posts to display from 5 to 30. That should help the issue. How often it updates is up to your reader.
MonroeTalks.com Administration
Pages: [1]   Go Up