MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What's up with Randy Richardville's latest?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's up with Randy Richardville's latest?  (Read 2532 times)

Onceuponatimer

• New Talker
What's up with Randy Richardville's latest?
« on: August 26, 2007, 12:16:26 AM »

I saw a big article in the newspaper about how State Rep. Kathy Angerer was fighting to save the S.O.S. offices in Milan.  Secretary Land proposed the closing on June 14th.  When Milan citizens contacted Randy Richardville, they were told there was nothing he could do because the S.O.S. office was an independent state agency.  In an editorial in the August 14th Monroe Evening News the senator criticized State Rep. Kathy Angerer's efforts to stop the closings and called it micromanaging.  Now - suddenly  the senator is doing the very same thing he criticized State Rep. Kathy Angerer of doing.  He is now sponsoring an amendment "From the funds appropriated in part l to the department of state, branch operations, the department shall maintain a full service secretary of state branch office in Milan."  What's going on with him?  Seems he is talking out of both sides of his mouth.  If he lies like this to the people in his district, what in the world is he doing to us in Lansing? Sounds to me like he is an opportunist and a hypocrit.  He has a history of telling people what they want to hear, even if he has to contradict himself.

sue lee

• Hero Talker
Re: What's up with Randy Richardville's latest?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »

Of course, he's a politician :P
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

Chips

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 06:45:15 AM »

How do you know when a politician is lying?
When you see their lips move!
So, how's that
“hope” and “change”
working out for you?

STMason

• New Talker
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:46:31 PM »

The whole story makes more sense and isn't full of cheap partisan shots.  I looked into this after reading this post.  I just read that Senator Richardville told the Monroe Evening News that the House passed budget was "micromanaging" because of the radical turn it was taking.  The Monroe Evening News even agreed in their editorial.  His amendment was just added as a line in the budget bill - without a massive change to the way the state budgets that department.  According to Senator Richardville's office, he has talked to the Secretary of state and her staff on several occasions about the Milan office.  He gathered information, did his homework, and came to the conclusion that the office should stay open.  Sounds more like being thorough as opposed to knee-jerk political pandering to win a few votes.

Onceuponatimer

• New Talker
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 11:16:37 PM »

My thoughts are that he felt he could get some really good P.R. out of someone else's work and decided to adopt it as his own.  Something he may be responsible for doing it the past.

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 06:23:22 PM »

Care to expand on that, or no?

I hear he supports convicted felons too.
That's what the County Democrats were saying at the Monroe County Fair.
Had a billboard and everything.

Interesting.

1conservative

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 08:13:38 PM »

I love the way the Democrats try to corner Richardville on this and many other issues. They will complain if the SOS office is closed and now they are complaining because he is helping it stay open.

What a shame, more political games by the democrats at the expense of the people.

While I don't agree with Richardville on all the issues he his doing a fine job looking out for the citizens best interest. Thats his job!

Perception IS NOT reality!  8)

Onceuponatimer

• New Talker
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 12:24:02 AM »

I don't think anyone is complaining about Richardville trying to help keep the S.O.S. office open.  What the complaint is is that he criticized State Rep. Kathy Angerer for tryint to assist with this.  Then he took her ideas and made them his own and offered them up in the Senate.  THAT is the complaint.  Truth is, no one knows if I am a Republican or a Democrat - You assume because I voiced a concern, I am a Democrat.  Now if you really wanted to talk about playing games - look at the job created for Richardville when he was termed out as a state rep.  He had a couple years before he could shoot for the senate.  Port of Monroe Economic Development - biggest charge was to keep jobs in Monroe - he said he could do it - he said he could keep ACH (Ford) from closing.  Check the facts - I have - he met with the people at Ford 1 time!  Once!  That is how he helped there - and what were the big headlines in the Monroe Evening News the other day?  Hmmmm Ford is closing it's doors for good next year.  1200 jobs lost.  Hmmmmm he really helped with that one.  This isn't looking out for the citizen's best interests.  Charging dinners, boat shows, and parking fees to Monroe County when he went to Detroit for this event didn't help the folks in Monroe either.  As for the convicted felon support - Yes.  G. Gordon Liddy is a convicted felon and Richardville was so impressed with his "work" that he was a guest speaker at his event.  Yes, not only a convicted felon, but also a person who idolized Hitler.  Richardville and his Republican friends thought they were entertaining with someone famous???  NO - the word is INFAMOUS. 

Crysti

• Active Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 06:09:43 PM »

Onceuponatimer, you posed the statement that "You assume because I voiced a concern, I am a Democrat." Are you embarrassed about what party you support? I really doesn't matter anyway. You sound like a supporter of Angerer...she is pretty liberal and yes, a Democrat! You don't like Richardville who is a Republican. It's okay to show yourself. You have a right.

Don't be blind-sided by what you know about Richardville though. It sounds like you only look for negatives. Angerer did not do any "work" regarding the SOS in Milan that Richardville took credit for. Kathy Angerer thought that by "rallying her constituency" and protesting and letter-writing was going to save that office. That is not work. To get the constituency in a whirl about something that they or she (or even Richardville) for that matter have no say in. Ms. Land made the decision, Ms. Land did the research and the "work" She is listening to what the people are saying and may reverse her decision (probably not though). Let's give credit where credit is due!

As far as being a democrat or republican? I've always found that this adage is true: "if it sounds like a duck and walks like a duck...it's a duck!" (or democrat, use whatever word you please!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up