MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Housing market woes....

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Housing market woes....  (Read 4767 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Housing market woes....
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »

Judging by the condition of the rental properties in Frenchtown, I doubt they have an inspection program at all.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

sue lee

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »

All of yhese bad renter stories are making me nervous. Our renter seems to be okay, but what if we are wrong? Like I said this is our first time renting (as landlords)
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

TheShepherd

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 05:11:19 PM »

sue lee, in my experience if they're going to be bad renters most of them show it within the first few months. Good luck and know everyone else has the same concerns.
"The Backyard Gardener"

http://www.blogsmonroe.com/backyard/

To be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in the spring- these are some of the rewards of the simple life.   John Burroughs  [1837-1921]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJR-Creations/188968480501?ref=nf

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 01:26:26 AM »

We lucked out with the most laid back landlord ever. We're not very loud people (maybe some late night jazz or the occasional Beethoven's 9th during crunch time, but...), but we're trying not to step on his toes. Nicest guy in the world, though.

There are many renters that trash places, however. We just want to be quiet and be left alone.
your mom goes to college.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2007, 08:51:04 AM »

For what it's worth, I sold off all of my rental properties two years ago, while there was still a little value left in them.  I could see the bubble was about to burst, especially when all my good tenants bought their own homes.  I see now that most of those properties are vacant now. 

When I had tenants, we were lucky to get ones that PAID.  Quite honestly, if they caused some damage to the property, it was almost expected.  I had one tenant that treated the property better than I treat my own home, but she never paid her rent!  She was a registered nurse, made REAL good money, was a real nice person, and all of her references checked out perfectly, but she just didn't pay her rent.  She always had an excuse.  It takes two to three months to evict these deadbeats, which is more time where you have no income.  Ugh!  You sure can't judge a book by it's cover, or by their references.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to sell their home right now.  You will most likely sell for a substantial loss.  You must make a decision - sell now at a small loss, or sell later at a larger loss, or try to hold on through the market bottom, which could be years away.  We have not hit bottom in this housing market.  That's OK though.  I'm sure our property taxes will come down to reflect the lower values.  Yeah, right.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up