MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > "A Mother's Legacy"

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "A Mother's Legacy"  (Read 693 times)

WillowRaven

• Hero Talker
"A Mother's Legacy"
« on: May 10, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »

I would like to share a story that I read last week.

In the War between the States, at the Battle of Gettysburg, there was a seventeen year old drummer boy horribly wounded by a mini-ball. The doctor who attended him was impressed by the fortitude of the young man.You see, when he was offered liquor to dull the pain, he very politely declined saying, "No, I cannot. I am a Christian and it would break my mother's heart."
 This scene was depicted repeatedly by those who tried to alleviate the suffering of the dying lad. This so impressed the doctor that the drummer soon became his only patient. Despite the good doctors best efforts the boy passed away to his eternal reward.
 The physician never quite got away from the boy's testimony. He was saved, but jaded after seeing so much tragedy during the duties of war. However, the Lord used the memory of the drummer boy to bring him back to Jesus.
 Years later he was speaking in a church, telling how he was brought back to God. Afterwards an elderly lady came up to him and said through her tears, "That was my boy!"
 Dear mothers, like this story so well testifies, you have the ability and responsibility to influence others through your children and the lives they will impact by your godly input.

- J.G.
"Never mud wrestle with a pig. You get all dirty and the pig likes it."  - G. Bernard Shaw -
Pages: [1]   Go Up