MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > The Real Truth On The War

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Real Truth On The War  (Read 2312 times)

Dime Store Cowboy

• Hero Talker
  • Molôn Labé!
SUPPORT THE NRA

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
Re: The Real Truth On The War
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 10:25:01 AM »

Very good video.  I hope that more people see this and pay attention to what former Speaker Gingrich is saying. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »

So we should just forget about his affair because he owned up to it?
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 12:25:46 PM »

So we should just forget about his affair because he owned up to it?

If you are being sarcastic, OK.  If not does that mean that we also take away all the good that President Kennedy did because of his alleged improprieties?  How about forgetting the advances President Nixon made with China?  Imperfect people, like all of us, can still provide valuable insight. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 09:08:28 PM »

I'm almost speechless. Here Speaker Gingrich puts forth a very lucid and serious warning about
how extremely dangerous and terrifying a threat terrorism represents to our country and the
world. Yet for FF, no matter the substance of the message, nothing trumps the hatred. 

Frankly, I'm absolutely convinced, if a terrorist set off a dirty bomb in a major city, and killed hundreds of thousands of Americans, your first thought would be how we can blame it on the Republicans.
Of course you'll deny it, but your last post speaks volumes.

John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 10:00:52 PM »

Newt is just another politician jumping on the vote for me bandwagon and his message does not negate his moral failure.

Kopke,

Put down the peyote, you are hallucinating.

That link said nothing about terrorism but yes I would look to see how the Republicans screwed up again.

I’ve come right out and said I hate Republicans while you just throw out mean derogatory remarks but no one has been fooled…… your political preference is transparent.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 11:50:19 PM »

Newt is just another politician jumping on the vote for me bandwagon and his message does not negate his moral failure.

Frenchfry - come on.  Go back and listen to it.  Then Google some of Newt's past speeches.  It's alright to dislike the guy but he has been on the whole terrorist / enemy /middle east kick for a long time. 

Give him some credit.  If your letting your hatred cloud hearing what he says just remember that even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 12:04:47 AM »

Lord in heaven! The link "said nothing" about terrorisim! The sole subject of the link
was terrorism for heavens sake!!!!  Earth to FF! Are you deaf?

Further, you're saying it would be OK if there were tragic terrorist attack on this country
because it would "show how Republicans had screwed up again" is revealing. That should
warm the hearts of all true patriotic Americans, course that shouldn't bother you seeing as
you aren't one.

FF, it is amazing  you can't you see how you come off as the definition of a partisan nutcase? 

Old Salt, forgive me for letting the loon of loons draw me in again. 

FF, I eagerly wait your response.  I always marvel at how you avoid a direct response to the
issue, or issues.  Yet it would be refreshing if you broke the mold. I'm not holding my breath.
John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 12:29:26 AM »

Oops my sound card is broke and since my ability to read lips was destroyed by the elder Bush….I read the story which said nothing about terrorism.
Read it yourself.

Modern road to White House 'verges on insane,' says Gingrich

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Potential presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich on Tuesday blasted the modern-day road to the White House as too long, too expensive and verging on "insane."
The former House speaker from Georgia said he will decide whether to enter the GOP presidential field in October. But in a wide-ranging speech at the National Press Club in Washington, he ridiculed campaign consultants and spin doctors who he said are extending the 2008 campaign. He said presidential debates have become "almost unendurable."
"These aren't debates," the former Georgia congressman said. "This is a cross between [TV shows] 'The Bachelor,' 'American Idol' and 'Who's Smarter than a Fifth-Grader.'"
"What's the job of the candidate in this world?" asked Gingrich. "The job of the candidate is to raise the money to hire the consultants to do the focus groups to figure out the 30-second answers to be memorized by the candidate. This is stunningly dangerous
Gingrich said the need to raise tens of millions of dollars has driven campaigns to begin cranking up much earlier than ever. Meanwhile, he said, advisers are telling candidates to begin campaigning "as soon as possible -- I need a check."
"Go look at all the analysis," said Gingrich. "Why are people starting early? Because you can't build the organization. What are you building the organization for? So you can raise the money."
But for most voters, he said, the race "begins after Christmas, no matter what the news media has to cover." He cited the example of former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, who was the Democratic front-runner until the first votes of the 2004 campaign were cast.
"Normal, rational Iowans who had rigorously avoided politics for the entire previous year looked up and said, 'He's weird.' And they looked back down, and Howard Dean disintegrated," Gingrich said.
At the same time, he said, any candidate who dares to change position on an issue during a two-year campaign risks being labeled a "flip-flopper" -- an epithet used to undercut 2004 Democratic nominee John Kerry and one being waved at current Republican hopeful Mitt Romney.
"You begin to trap people," Gingrich said. "As the campaigns get longer, you're asking a person who's going to be sworn in in January of 2009 to tell you what they'll do in January of 2007, when they haven't got a clue -- because they don't know what the world will be like, and you're suggesting they won't learn anything through the two years of campaigning."
"For the most powerful nation on Earth to have an election in which Swift Boat veterans versus National Guard papers becomes a major theme verges on insane," said Gingrich, referring to 2004 campaign controversies that targeted Kerry and President Bush. "I mean, it's just -- and to watch those debates, I found painful -- for both people. They're both smarter than the debates."
He blamed the pressures of sound-bite campaigning for the recent controversy over Sen. Barack Obama's declaration that he would dispatch U.S. troops to Pakistan to attack leaders of the al Qaeda terrorist network if Pakistani authorities fail to get them.
Gingrich said the Illinois Democrat, one of his party's leading presidential candidates, "said a very insightful thing in a very dangerous way." But the response, he said, "was to attack Senator Obama, not to explore the underlying kernel of what he said."
Gingrich's answer to the problems would be to get rid of limits on campaign financing, which he said have made the problems worse by requiring more individual donations to meet the same goals, and to stage a series of "dialogues" among the major-party candidates -- once a week, for 90 minutes, for nine weeks before the elections.
Candidates would pick the topics, and their answers would be uninterrupted "except for fairness on time," he said.
"After nine 90-minute conversations in their living rooms, the American people would have a remarkable sense of the two personalities and which person had the right ideas, the right character, the right capacity to be a leader," he said.
Gingrich, who has long billed himself as a visionary, led the Republicans who captured both houses of Congress in 1994 elections. National polls in July ranked him fifth among current GOP contenders, with average support of 7 percent, according to a CNN poll released Monday.
Gingrich stepped down as House speaker in 1998, after Republicans lost seats amid the drive to impeach then-President Bill Clinton over allegations that he lied under oath about a sexual relationship with a White House intern.
In March, Gingrich acknowledged he was having an affair of his own around the same time. He insisted he was not a hypocrite because Clinton was not impeached for the affair -- but for lying about it.
The Senate acquitted Clinton the following year, and his wife, former first lady-turned-New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, is among the current
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/08/gingrich/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

By the responses I’ll have to guess that the video said something entirely different and you’ve just witnessed the one and only time I’ve been mistaken in recent memory  ;)

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up