MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Conservatives and liberals, aka conquer and divide

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Conservatives and liberals, aka conquer and divide  (Read 2800 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Conservatives and liberals, aka conquer and divide
« on: September 03, 2007, 11:21:10 AM »

Conservatives and liberals, aka conquer and divide
Nancy Levant
September 2, 2007

What does it mean to be "conservative"? What does it mean to be "liberal"? Furthermore, who invented the contemporary definitions of political conservatism and liberalism? I will tell you who defined them — your television sets and their talking heads, which are owned, operated, and forced to say what their elite owner's pay them to say. Hence, you now have 2 political parties, which have been totally "re-created" by corporately owned media to 1) relay to you your political opinions, and 2) to insist upon your political illusions. Herein lies the problem; you don't really know or understand your political opinions, as they have been "manufactured" for you for decades. Furthermore, there is not one iota of difference between Democrat and Republican ideologies. Our belief in ideological differences has played us like cheap violins AND grew and implanted the one-world government directly beneath our nation and noses.

One of the primary orchestrated and implanted scams that pulverized the American person, American nationalism, and the power of the American vote was and is abortion. This issue split the traditionally religious from the non-religious and turned citizens on both sides of the issue into haters. It also put all women into precarious political positions. No one likes or approves of abortion unless, or course, their daughter is raped and impregnated by a beast. Right suddenly, the legal right to abortion comes to the forefront of the soul and religious belief. Decisions to be made are painful, soul-searching decisions. But even barring all this, the fact that the abortion issue turned "the 2 sides" into opposing haters is factual. The "right" to abortion was a perfect divisibility ploy both religiously and politically.

What is disturbing to me is how people can rage against abortion, and at the same time totally ignore and refuse to read Agenda 21, The Earth Charter, etc.; to understand sustainable development, traitorous governance, the current and systematic biometric corralling of mankind; to hand their children to public school mental health and profiling pharmaceutical centers, and know that billions of animals have been (and continue to be) slaughtered by "humane" societies in every burg in the nation. I guess we call this selective morality.

Another orchestrated scam that pulverized our national sensibility was and is the issue of immigration. This is, by the way, a masterful scam. As America historically welcomed the poor and huddled masses, and was exemplified by its acceptance of all people from all nations, religions, and creeds, and as America the beautiful was built by people from different nations and religious backgrounds, the current immigration issue is extraordinary, indeed!

Are you conservative or liberal if you allow America to accept all foreigners and help them get started? This used to be America's MO. Are you conservative or liberal if you want all borders closed and foreign immigration to cease and desist? Are you conservative or liberal if you want to secure the homeland from the "terrorism" you are told is rampant and bankrupted our nation, while our national borders are not only held open for all terrorists and criminals, but are also being discreetly dismantled? See the Inter-American Democratic Charter, adopted in Peru on September 11, 2001, for details (www.oas.org). The media somehow missed this story.

Or how about the orchestrated scam that is working furiously at crumbling our national solidarity called devious and elite-manufactured environmentalism? Are you conservative or liberal when it comes to the melding of the Biosphere Reserves in the U.S. — the ones that are surrounded with "conservation corridors," and then re-surrounded with "buffer zones"? And as these Biosphere Reserves, their conservation corridors, and buffer zones begin to physically overlap, and as we the people are no longer allowed to buy these lands or occupy these Reserves, corridors, or zones, are you a conservative or a liberal when you discover that your physical nation is being bought up and taken from you and administered by global organizations, their global eco-partnerships, land trust organizations, regional commissions, and NGO facilitators?

And are you conservative or liberal when you discovered that your elected representatives treatied, chartered, compacted, executive ordered, and signed Memorandums of Understanding decades ago that gave birth to the system that allows foreign entities and global corporations to purchase the largest land tracts and watershed systems in our nation? And when you discovered that the United Nations has called for the global control of ALL planetary water AND has called for the permanent end of ALL private ownership of property — stating specifically that all land and water should be owned and controlled by global governmental entities, tell me...are you then a conservative or a liberally-minded person?

When you discovered that all global Biosphere Reserves, their conservation corridors, and buffer zones are ALL bubbling above AND beneath their surfaces with oil, natural gas, coal, copper, lead, molybdenum, platinum, palladium, phosphates, uranium, bauxite, gold, iron, mercury, nickel, potash, silver, tungsten, zinc, petroleum, fresh water, and/or forest timber — the most valuable natural resources on the planet — what affect did that knowledge have on your conservative or liberal values?

And then there are the public schools. Are you a conservative or a liberal as you shell out more and more money to fund the deliberate intellectual destruction of American children? Does forcing sexual curriculum and social/emotional questionnaires upon your elementary and secondary-aged children create and support your conservative or your liberal superiority? AND the Medicaid-school-big pharma partnerships that guarantee schools do everything in their power to get your child addicted to drugs in exchange for Medicaid school funding; do these facts support your conservative values or your liberal values?

As you might decide to realize, we the people have a very serious problem with our "opinions" and ourselves. We don't know what has happened in our nation, while our conservative AND liberal "elected" are dismantling our nation and our form of government directly beneath our noses. And all the while, we proudly boast of our "conservative values" or our "liberal values." This is the biggest joke of all, and we are not only the brunt of the joke, we are forced to PAY for our nation's dismantling, PAY for Communitarian social systems to overtake our nation, and at the same time are the actual victims of our insane ignorance. No wonder our Red and Blue leadership and candidates are always smiling.

Anyone who continues to support Democrats or Republicans EVER AGAIN is not only a fool and an ignoramus, but also a fully brainwashed and manipulated tool for the globalists and their specific intentions to take down OUR nation. And mark my words — all you conservatives and liberals — you will live to see the day when you will never again be a conservative or a liberal-minded person. You will live to see the day when you are told what your opinions will be in exchange for food, housing, and water. You will be told that you are a Communitarian or you are an enemy of the "common good," which is the ultimate goal of Communitarianism and its corporate profit. You will live to see the day when the Constitution is first suspended via Martial Law, and then kicked to the curb and replaced with the Communitarian Manifesto — aka the new and improved global Communist Manifesto.

Under both Bush's and Clinton, the quintessential conservative and liberal manipulators, we have lost the most valuable landmasses in our nation. Nearing 90% of the Great Lakes region, 90% of Alaska, nearing 90% of the American West, the Appalachian Range rapidly following suit, and ALL coastal regions and major rivers and watershed systems in the United States, where, at best, only deed-restricted living is now permitted. We are literally losing our ENTIRE physical nation to FOREIGN controllers, who are bankers and corporations. AND these same people hold ALL of America's debt — ALL of it. We are a purposefully bankrupted nation with no industry left to repay these globalist debtors. They are taking our physical and cultural nation in repayment, and this is a direct result and corporate deal of our Democratic and Republican Party leadership and their loyalty to global wealth, wheeling, scamming, and academic deception.

American people, we have to unite, in mass, against this machine. To hell with conservatism or liberalism! We have got to stop feeding our egos with these "manufactured" labels that were specifically created to divide us AND OUR POLITICAL POWER TO CONTROL OUR ELECTED! If we don't tell them, together, and in one voice, to step down, then we are going to serve Communism in the United States. We are going to be Communists called "Communitarians," which is the sugarcoated term for Communist slaves. If you can't see the writing on the wall and the land masses now administered by the United Nations (World Heritage Sites and Biosphere Reserves), then you are literally blind and out of your minds. If you can't see the nightmares in the public school system — the one's permanently destroying your children's potential and their futures — then, again, you are literally out of your minds.

The next "catastrophe" will be the final catastrophe for the united States of America. WHEN Martial Law is declared in this nation, and all systems are "go" for that decision to be made, it's over, folks. Remember that we are already in a DECLARED state of emergency. We will never again get back our nation, our constitutional freedoms, and civil/human rights. From that point on, the globalists WILL take over, and we will very soon become their biometric victims. Then see what your conservatism or liberalism will do for you. By then, your right to any opinions, whatsoever, will be permanently eliminated. If in doubt, read history or, better yet, read Beverly Eakman's Chronicles, October, 2004, pp 28-29, which report:
"In Aug., 2003, the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) and the National Science Foundation (NSF) announced the results of their $1.2 million tax-payer funded study. It stated, essentially, that traditionalists are mentally disturbed. Scholars from the Universities of Maryland, California at Berkeley, and Stanford had determined that social conservatives, in particular, suffer from 'mental rigidity,' 'dogmatism,' and 'uncertainty avoidance,' together with associated indicators for mental illness."
Here's the future of your opinion, your conservatism, and your liberalism. If you disagree with the machine, the machine will diagnose you, medicate you, and/or place you in a receptacle or center or cell or camp where you won't influence anyone. If traditional opinions are now diagnosable via "scholars" whose "research" is funded by globalist philanthropic groups and their corporations, then we are all in very serious trouble — conservatives and liberals, alike. Anyone who disagrees with the world's most wealthy and elite globalists is slated for physical and/or pharmaceutical "retention" in one way or another. You will also find this same "scholarly" system operating in every public school in the United States, thanks to Bush's New Freedom Initiative on Mental Health.

Better wake up and smell the vast criminal enterprise. Your nation is being destroyed from within by your vote and your party loyalty. That 2-Party loyalty has rapidly, and very systematically, all but destroyed your Constitution and your Constitutional rights. The Republican Party AND the Democratic Party ARE the Globalists. They are UNITED in missions that mandate ending private property rights, voting power, free markets, small business, parenthood and reproductive rights, religion, career choice, higher education for the masses, individualism and creativity, pet ownership, gun ownership, opinion, mobility or, people, in translation: YOUR FREEDOM.

http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/levant/070902

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 11:26:04 AM by frenchfry »
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SMASH

• Hero Talker
Re: Conservatives and liberals, aka conquer and divide
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »

This is what I have been driving at for years.

Wake up.

Why isn't this printed on the front page of the Monroe Evening News every day for a month?
Freedom of the Press? Yes, if you own the media outlet.

I would submit that out of an instilled ignorance most folks would say this woman is a conspiracy theory wacko.

"There are none more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Goethe

Take a look around. It's not left verses right, it's the state verses you!

tampachicken

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »

I have been staying out of political debates because I decided about a year ago the country is going to hell in a handbasket.  I too am fed up with republicans and democrats.  I identify myself as a "recovering republican" becuase I was a young republican member, and switched parties during the clinton years.  I stopped donating to all political parties and individuals about two years ago becuase I am tired of hearing politicians pander for votes.

I am also tired of this countries inability to figure out what our priorities are, and yes when I travel to other countires I find myself feeling emabarassed that I am an american.  I asked back when our blogs were in a different forum what our priorities should be.  I screamed that the political parties were dividing the country but the issues were not what issues that were important.  Bush was reelected because people voted their "fears".  They are afraid of terrorist, gay people and late term abortions.

First I am afraid of our own homegrown terrorist than I am of anyone in the middle east, second I don't care if gay people get married, if you are not gay, or if your religious beliefs prevent you from being gay or getting married to a gay person, then don't be gay or marry a gay person. Same way  with abortions, if it is murder in your eyes don't get one!  Partial birth abortions, there are around 1,800 performed a year, and I can tell you in most cases it is because the baby has water on the brain, as much as 1 to 3 gallons, if the mother lives through a full term birth, if the baby is not born dead it usually dies within minutes.  I can live with a partial birth ban on abortions if it includes an exception for when the mother's life is in danger, because in reality, it is not going to change much that what we currently do!

I am gay, but I can't see why the "gay" activist can't settle for a civil union that provides the same rights as married couples.  The religious right has dibs on the word married, and they seem pretty hung up about it.   Let them have that word.  I just know i have two friends who have been in a monogamos, committed relationship for OVER 35 years.  Phil was a school teacher and Joe was a post master.  Joe always made a lot more than phil, now they are both retired.  Joe is older and most likely to go first.  If he does, phil will be in trouble because he has no rights to Joe's pension.  If phil was a woman and they were allowed to be married, there would be no discussion.  The problem is they have no rights.  I know my step mother was married to my father for six years and she got 275K from his pension.  REMOVE YOUR RELIGIOUS BIAS AND ASK YOURSELF IF THIS SOUNDS FAIR!

What do I see as or most important issue, well, there is the war that is just a mess and there is no use in saying what Think of the whole thing.  I will say this, if you can't see that the country is going broke, and people are making profit then you need to pull your head out of the sand and look around.  THE UNITED STATES HAS NO MONEY, and the spending is rediculous!  So for those of you that believe that fighting over "there" is better then "here" sign up and go they need you!

HEALTHCARE we set up an employer sponsered healthcare system that fosters for profit healthcare.  The insurance companies and healthcare providers are for profit. I mean the CEO of united healthcare got like 400million dollars. I worked not for profit for years and it is really "not for profit".  Employers are bailing on providing healthcare because of loop holes in the law that places like wal-mart exploit.

In turn other companies are following in suit in order to compete.  We are back to the robber barron days.  Also hospitals have to compete with the latest and greatest, here in Tampa they advertize their specialties.  I mean there are six hospitals that do heart transplants and by-pass surgeries.  Why?
some are within miles of each other, the only answer is profit profit and more profit.  We have to stop making profit off of healthcare, that is the only way to curtail cost. 

Then there is the pharmacutical companies and there "perks".  When we pay for our medicines and they tell you that the cost is because of the research, that is nothing but BULL, I see the money they spend, I mean from weekly dinners at the most espensive restaurants to clocks and even microwave popcorn.  Advertize advertize and spend spend spend. 

I can see giving samples and explaining your product to physicians, but how does risperidal microwave popcorn help people?  Yet, everyweek the drug reps brought this stuff by (and alot more) so we would suggest to the doctors to prescribe these medicines.  Most of all the freebies and dinners and stuff are put under "education" expenses for the drug companies. I remember when one drug rep was so excited because his company just leased him a 80K NEW CAR!.

I went one time to a dinner, at Ruth Cris steak house that typicaly cost about a 100 dollars for a steak dinner there, they had an endrocrinologist from Brittian as the speaker, and the topic was about how their competetors medication being prescribed off label for children could cause serious complications in serum prolactin levels in male children,  in lay terms, it affects the hormones and could turn a boy into a eunich.  Sounds important right?  well in reality, that med and their own med is not prescribed by our doctors because medicaid does not approve off label and neither was on our formulary.  I counted heads and I figured they paid 30k for the dinner, I don't know how much for all of the free booze, or how much they paid to bring a doctor from brittian.  These dinners go on every week. It makes me sick and our government not only allows it but suppoorts it because of the strong pharmacutical lobby.  Look at Medicare part D!

This is a small scale of what really goes on because the frequency of what I saw was for one community mental health center, can you iimagine the money that is spent on the big medical specialties!  JUST KEEP IN MIND 46 Million americans without heath insurance and more and more is adding to the list everyday, not to mention alll of the people that live off of the grid, they are not counted (such as the homeless).

Illegal aliens, PROSCECUTE THE BUSINESSES THAT HIRE ILLEGALS!!!!! hit um in the pocket that is the only thing they understand, besides with all of the companies moving to mexico we may find ourselves running across the border to Mexico to find work so you better not build the fence!

OUR ABILITY TO FEED ORSELVES.  We are losing our farm land at an alarming rate, their are more people and less food being grown and processed in the united states.  In other countries they stiill use prodcts that have been banned here for years, I mean look at the lead paint and gluten from China, and yes the gluten did make it into OUR food supply, it was put in chicken feed and we ate  the chickens before they realized it (because of the pets dying), since we already ate it, well they say there is no harm.......  I look at food prices and I do not know how family are feeding themeselves.  Real food, unprocessed food is expensive, I guess people are eating a lot of raman noodles.

Even our own beef industries, they birth cattle in florida year around, and then ship them half across the country to feed lots where they are fed god knows what. By the time it gets back here to florida it is 11.99 a pound for a sirloin, hey t-bones are 14.99.   I mean I grew up in dundee, every year we went to a farmer near Milan and picked out our steer, had it processed and put it in the freezer.  There used to be processing places to take you chickens and everything, how many are left? How many grain elevators are left? No we get grain from china because it is cheaper than growing it in our own back yard?  wait until we import milk and find PCB's again!  Wait until we have a break out of a human born disease because they use RAW human waste for fertilizer! 

Manufacturing....how does it make since to make products and ship them all over the world then ship them somewhere else to be assembled.  That is what we do, I mean look at India, they assemble tractors, parts are made all over the world shipped to india and then shipped back here for sale.  How is this cost saving? seems like a waste of energy to me.

GET RID OF THE LOBBIES!  If our poliitians are not smart enough to listen to their constituants, and read up on the issues then they should not be in office.  Hey I have an idea, insted of donating money to your favorite candidate, get a piece of poster board and a sharpie then write who you support and put the sign in your front yard.....look at the money that would be saved!

I guess my political veiws are more libertarian/isolationist.  As soon as I can dump my home in Tampa I have a 15 acre farm to go to in Missouri where I will raise my own food and can it, raise grass fed beef, natural chickens, and honey bees.  So when the bottom drops out which it will, at least I will be able to survive and be healthy!  China will not own me like it owns our US treasury!

Ask me if i am a liberal, well if taking care of or own makes me a liberal, then I am a libereral.  Here in Florida, we have a new rebublican governer. As far as rebublicans go, he seems to be his own man, when he was attorney general he even critiisized "Jeb"  for interfering with the Terri Shiavo case.  Well this years budget was not balanced and he had to make some choices for some of the spending.  In this particular case, there was money earmarked to build a huricane shelter for special needs citizens (mentally retarded people that live in group homes) or a new river walk in Tampa. People thought that the hurricane shelter would be a good idea because of what happened with Katrina some people cannot go to "regular" shelter's.  Well the river walk was approved, and it cost more than the hurricane shelter.  GO FIGURE, the first hurricane will probably wash the riverwalk away!  I was disappointed.

Look what kind of healthcare we could provide if we were not for profit, I mean we have no problems spending money on other things!!!!! TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS but you mention national health care, my god you are a liberal!!!!!  Is it not Ironic that most fundamental christians are "conservatives", um would Jesus want healthcare or war?

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 11:53:45 PM »

Wow, Great posts! Thanks!

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

sue lee

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 12:36:44 AM »

Tampachicken,
I am with you almost 100%. Great post. WE need to stand together, unite as human beings, regardless if we are gay, straight, black, or white. It sure the hell isn't working the other way.
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

old salt

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 09:18:29 AM »

Tampachicken,

Stay away from sharp knives. :-\
Voting Democrat Will Destroy Your Family, Grow Government, Raise Your Taxes, Increase Crime, Reduce Individual Rights, And Diminish Western Civilization.

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 10:08:18 AM »

This is very Illuminati/New World Order/Mark of the Beast.

It's a vast over-arching conspiracy, perpetrated by "them", to enslave "us" for all eternity, unless we start burning a few buildings down and storm Washington.

Except that there has never been a time in history that humanity could organize together for more than a few years before splitting off into smaller, opposing groups.

That said, there most certainly are people vying for control of the globe. They're not working together, however. If anything they're working against each other. Nobody wants to share absolute power.

A more likely scenario is the banding together of nation-states into collective commonwealths (European Union) in order to protect themselves from each other. China will have their sphere, we'll have ours, and Europe will have theirs. Oh no, 1984 all over again!

Except something that huge is very hard to govern, especially when you're merging dozens/hundreds of cultures together into one supranational state. It doesn't work. People hate that. The larger a state gets, the less efficient it is, which means the more freedoms you have, generally. Especially hwen merging many cultures together. Where do you start cracking down? Just shooting everyone? The US Military wouldn't stand for it. There would be a civil war in weeks. And thus the system would break down again.

Even the EU, which was supposedly "thisclose" to achieving global dominance by merging together, couldn't get their Constitution ratified (small wonder... it was 200+ pages compared to our, what, 20?).

And China isn't interested in reaching past their borders to conquer (aside from their traditional lands like Tibet, Mongolia, etc). If they did, we'd have fought them already.

Doom and gloom.
your mom goes to college.

sue lee

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »

Lordfly,
Are you referring to the article by Nancy Levant? I agree. The woman is a flake. At one time the woman was respected, but as time goes on her thoughts have become more bizarre. Perhaps she is losing it.

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »

Wow! Flake, bizarre, losing it?

I've challenged some of the "lefties" before to take a look around.
NAU, SPP, National I.D., Law of the Sea Treaty, here they come, right in your face.
North Carolina has begun placing the NAU hologram on the back of their drivers licence already. That state is the most popular for illegals to get a licence because of their lax standards.

All this gal did in her article is echo some of the very same conversations had in this forum. When you put it all together it does look scary. But you better look at it, all. In it's entirety it becomes easier to see the agenda. What parts of her writing do you find flaky?

Why was Bush meeting with the leaders of Mexico and Canada last week? Why didn't the media report on their little get together? What were they doing? Could it have something to do with the Social Security Totalization for Mexico?

Take a peek at the CFR and their membership. Look at the requirements to become a member. Ain't none of us going to be invited into that cabaul, ever. Never forget, if you are left or right it doesn't matter, you are one of the little people to be controlled.

sue lee

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 01:29:33 PM »

Smash,
I do not believe the world will become one dominant power as she is suggesting. That all the different nations will unite to make slaves of their people. I do believe that our nation and probably many others are steadily encroaching upon our rights, that we have allowed them to do so. That we may never experience America as we once knew it. That there will be wars, over oil,water, and we will suffer.
But this woman is an extremist. She goes to far. She is a wild eyed loon, and she is not credible. We will not unite with with China,Russia, N. Korea, or Iran. We will go to war. There is no trust. These are my feelings. I could be wrong, you could be right. Who knows. I doubt either of us ever thought we would see what is happening in our nation right now.

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 02:37:27 PM »

Law of the Sea Treaty? UN control over 4/5th of the surface of the earth? Pay taxes to the UN to drill for oil on our own property?

Slaves of their people? How about the IRS? Or are we just serfs?

How does she go too far?

I've been watching this happen to our nation since my service in the Marine Corps over twenty years ago. It wasn't taught to me in skool, I had to live it to understand it.

Our public skool system is directly responsible for giving us what we have today. A society virtually ignorant of our Constitution, government, and freedoms. I was and to some extent still are one of the ignorant ones. Yet because I want this nation to not only survive, but to thrive, for my kids I try to learn more every day. Just because you may have no interest in politics doesnt mean politics don't have a big interest in you!

tampachicken

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »

Tampachicken,

Stay away from sharp knives. :-\

Thank you Old Salt for the tip!  I have to say there is a reason all of my guns and locked up in Missouri and I am inTampa...lol  There is nothing worse than an angry hormonal woman that owns guns !

I know that there have been some serious information that we have read in this particular blog, and I have difficulty containing myself, I will admit that!

I just have a very hard time with how John Q Citizen, either does not want to stand up or truley does not understand that their is going to be a tremendous "shift" in our society.  There has to be a "give" somewhere?  We can't be this much in debt without somebody paying for it and it is going to be on the bacs of the american taxpayer!  (the real ones not the ones that get the tax breaks)

I get so angry.  That is why I like to quote Howard Beal from the movie "Network".  If you never saw the movie or it's been awhile watch it again.  i mean it is a parody, but it has some similarities of what we have today. I think it was made in 1972, but it could be just as easy to see how it could be today!

The story is of a network anchor who is up in years and his ratings are down,  So they tell him before he goes on air that he will be getting fired (i think it was like in a week).  So he goes on air and insted of reporting the news he began rambling about how people did not care about the (real) news, and that he was going to kill himself. His ratings soared, but he was losing his mind.  So the "network" did not fire him, but gave him more airtime where they just let him do these mad ramblings, and he would always say "I'm as mad as hell and I am not going to take it anymore".  He even asked the american people to open up their windows and shout it out, which they did! They revamped the entire evening news around his mad ramblings.

The interesting point is, his ramblings had a lot of truth, and the people really did not care about the "real news" and the "real news" was not being reported.  People were tunning into the "news" not because of the news, they were more interested in if he was going to kill himself on air. (like how we are more interested in reality TV and what is up with the crazy celebrities)  It was alll about the ratings.

Now I see the news today as just that, I don't know if there is censorship, or what, but in mainstream news, you really don't get what is really going on.  It is all "fluff", and local violence. You don't get reports  as far as how our country is being sold, our foriegn and domestic policies, how this administration gets away with what it gets away with, I just don't get it?  I mean even when we are allowed to see what is in Iraq or whatever we are "allowed" to see it has been sanitized.

The truth is available, but you have to search for it.  That is what I can't understand.  I also can't understand why we can't get organized,  In the 1960's we had the Viet Nam war in our living rooms everynight, we had what they were doing to the people iinvolved in the civil rights movement, the bombings and how some (state) governments were attacking their citizens in our living rooms everynight!  I mean, if it were not for people protesting and it being shown to the world what was going on do you think there would have been change? 

I mean in (if you were there) 1965 would you think that racism in america would change?  You know when President Bush comes to town you can go to the designated protest area and protest your little heart out, have you ever seen it on the news? No you won't, he comes to Tampa all the time, they always pre-empt TV to show you he is here!!!!  They never show the protesters, but they are there, in the designated area far away from the motercade and his destination!!! Now if you are a supporter you can be right up front and center!  This did not start with Bush, but he has (or they have)perfected it!

No it took seeing it, hearing it, and yes having people protest the war and civil rights before people themselves could see that our society was wrong about a few things....hummm  I mean the public opinion about the war, about Jim Crow, and how there were "two america's" did change for most, and if it were not for the people who would not give up,  did public opinion change! 

Where are you the poeple that sparked change?  I mean do we really like where we are today and where we seem to be headed?  Because we again have or will have two america's,(it depends on what rung on the ladder you are on) except it won't be racism, it will be social.  The "haves" and the "have nots" , and nobody seems concerned that the "have nots" are loosing their opportunity to be a "have".

I have people in history that I admire, Ben Frankilin is one because he gives us insight into why we have constitutional law (another one is James Madison), seperation from church and state and the best thing is he let us know that the constitution is to protect the "minority" not the majority.

Another one is Teddy Roosevelt, he went after the Robber Barrons, and gave us anti-trust laws and why we needed to have National protected land.  I really think that part of history needs to be reviewed by our represenatives in government now because History does repeat itself.

Oh, as for homeland security?  They just announced on the news that Mexican truck drivers are now allowed to come into anywhere in the united states to make deliveries...See they are announcing this as if it were news, but when you travel in the southwest there has been mexican truck drivers for at least a year or so. You see them on I 44 all the time! (they stopped allowing Mexican truck drivers entering and traveling around the United tsates in 1982, I guess back then they felt there was some sort of riisk)...This came on the news after they did the piece about the woman who got an absentee ballot for her dog. It was a little blib about how some U.S. truckers are upset about these mexican truck drivers.

Do any of you know of the super interstate that is being made from Mexico to canada in order to aid trucking from Mexico and eventually the trucks coming up from Mexico will be allowed to go all the way to Kansas City Missouri before they hit customs?  See you only know this if you travel in the area and know it from the locals because it is being built....This is an example of what we are fed and what is really happening!!!! At least I am a step ahead, si habla espinole por favor!!!!! I mean we have a debate about a stupid fence and we are going to let trucks come in all the way to kansas city before being stopped?  See I get too irked, common sense is not that common......adios!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 08:54:55 PM »

tampachicken,

I had no idea about that super interstate but I’ve noticed the number of Spanish speakers on the citizens band radio has really increased.

There are those that will ridicule anything beyond what they believe to be true but I would hope there are a few that will be moved enough to research the facts and educate themselves.

I guess those past demonstrations taught our powerful government how to make them insignificant.

We need a revolution but sadly they seemingly have all the angles covered to prevent such an occurrence from happening today.

Just the mention of such a thing is a criminal offense.

I hope everyone keeps posting to keep the dialog going.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 10:41:46 AM »

Ron Paul.

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 01:28:04 PM »

"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up