MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Things are heating up in Summerfield Township.....

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things are heating up in Summerfield Township.....  (Read 22159 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Things are heating up in Summerfield Township.....
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2018, 12:16:08 PM »

The good news is that it does not appear that they have hit anything but dry holes in the last couple of years. 

Sometimes it only takes one very motivated person to accomplish a lot!!!
I was kind of hoping they would move in my direction - as I'd like to upgrade my golf trips - Kind of like they upgraded all the local churches along  I-75 up north when they went through there years ago.   

What company went belly up and abandoned the well you have across the road Flip? 

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2018, 01:32:47 PM »

I was kind of hoping they would move in my direction - as I'd like to upgrade my golf trips - Kind of like they upgraded all the local churches along  I-75 up north when they went through there years ago.   

What company went belly up and abandoned the well you have across the road Flip?

Not sure, cannot remember the driller but they were from Mount Pleasant.  The newest owner is an outfit by the name of Arbor Energy.  They are the 3rd owner.  I suspect it's a paper shuffle game.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2018, 02:22:33 PM »

There is more going on out here than is being talked about to the public.  If scorn Zorn would quite dragging his fat feet and did what he was supposed to do instead of constantly stumping (and lying) to his constitutients,  things would be a lot farther along.  Some of the statements from governmental agencies like 'is it really a Karst Region, the 'company geologists (oil company that is), say no' really fly in the face of what is right and just.  I really hope Bill Lavoy runs against Zorn.  Zorn needs to go.  He's like Walberg, a 2 faced lying professional politician that is only concerned about his own well being, getting 'party favors' from the powerful lobbyists in Lansing and not about what the 'people on the ground' want.

Knowing John personally, I can vouch for his principles.  He's all about the 'right thing' for Summerfield Township residents and Monroe County in general in as much as the entire county is porous limestone geology.

Zorn isn't and neither is Walberg.  2 turds that get voted in by complacient, ill informed voters.

You're only focused on the small target of drilling in a Karst region.

You have to take off your blinders and stand way, way back and get a look at the big picture (part of which you've frequently voiced your opinion on).

We're dealing with the very group of people who are for the most part absolutely opposed to Michigan 'progressing' to a part time legislature.  They love the status quo and don't want anything to change it.

If Zorn (or any other member of the legislature) could introduce a meaningful bill (I'm not talking about naming a bridge or a road to honor someone who has passed away) and get it to a floor vote and moved on to the opposite chamber and getting a floor vote and have all that happen in a matter weeks...

then we could all see what was possible and realize even more that we only need them 'working' part time.  Instead this issue needs to drag on for months or years or even decades.  Most true politicians are strongly opposed to our current status of term limits and would like to see them either extended or preferably eliminated. 

If you want to take on a politician you at least have to start thinking along the line of where they're coming from.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2018, 02:41:06 PM »

Term limits and legislation addressing Karst and deep well drilling have nothing to do with each other that I can see.  Maybe you can enlighten me.  I'm all about a part time legislature and term limits.  You have a 'full time' legislature that meets 89 days a year and gets paid for 365 days.  That is BS.  Just like the MCCA and that fiasco.

Time to wake up and smell the roses.  Finally, it's the DEQ, not the legislature that is doing the foot dragging right now.  The mosquito breeders are more concerned about swamps than ruining the water for thousands of residents who rely on wells for waterr

I was invited to a meeting with the DEQ this morning.  I passed because I tend to call a spade a spade and I don't mince words and I'm not and never have been PC.  I will tell you I'm prepared to take whoever owns that well across from our place. if they destroy my well, over the coals.  It's gonna be about a hefty settlement you can bank on that.

Until someone puts their foot down, it will go on because it's oil and oil is money and money talks.  I'll take a slice of the pie, I'm not bashful.  The largest and most bankrolled lobby in Lansing is the oil lobby.

Zorn is an a sniveling overweight idiot, just like brother Walberg with his well (oil) in his backyard in Tipton.

Changed to DEQ, my mistake...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 09:53:04 PM by SidecarFlip »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2018, 03:25:35 PM »

Term limits and legislation addressing Karst and deep well drilling have nothing to do with each other that I can see.  Maybe you can enlighten me.  I'm all about a part time legislature and term limits.  You have a 'full time' legislature that meets 89 days a year and gets paid for 365 days.  That is BS.  Just like the MCCA and that fiasco.

Time to wake up and smell the roses.  Finally, it's the DNR, not the legislature that is doing the foot dragging right now.  The mosquito breeders are more concerned about swamps than ruining the water for thousands of residents who rely on wells for waterr

I was invited to a meeting with the DNR this morning.  I passed because I tend to call a spade a spade and I don't mince words and I'm not and never have been PC.  I will tell you I'm prepared to take whoever owns that well across from our place. if they destroy my well, over the coals.  It's gonna be about a hefty settlement you can bank on that.

Until someone puts their foot down, it will go on because it's oil and oil is money and money talks.  I'll take a slice of the pie, I'm not bashful.  The largest and most bankrolled lobby in Lansing is the oil lobby.

Zorn is an a sniveling overweight idiot, just like brother Walberg with his well (oil) in his backyard in Tipton.

I just tried to enlighten you but I also said you're too close to the situation to understand it.

Eventually you'll understand it!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #290 on: April 20, 2018, 03:30:27 PM »

There is more going on out here than is being talked about to the public.  If scorn Zorn would quite dragging his fat feet and did what he was supposed to do instead of constantly stumping (and lying) to his constitutients,  things would be a lot farther along.  Some of the statements from governmental agencies like 'is it really a Karst Region, the 'company geologists (oil company that is), say no' really fly in the face of what is right and just.  I really hope Bill Lavoy runs against Zorn.  Zorn needs to go.  He's like Walberg, a 2 faced lying professional politician that is only concerned about his own well being, getting 'party favors' from the powerful lobbyists in Lansing and not about what the 'people on the ground' want.

Knowing John personally, I can vouch for his principles. He's all about the 'right thing' for Summerfield Township residents and Monroe County in general in as much as the entire county is porous limestone geology.

Zorn isn't and neither is Walberg.  2 turds that get voted in by complacient, ill informed voters.

I've watched the progression time and time again over the years. 

True 'public servants' starting off at the local level...   

some can't stand the politics involved and just fade away.

Others move up the ladder because they 'enjoy' the political 'game'.  I guess that's fortunate to a point because we do need lawmakers but some of them do a complete flip flop and just get caught up in the 'power' game. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2018, 03:39:20 PM »

The hole across the road actually 'pumped' a couple tanker loads of crude before it petered out.  If you want to drive out, we can walk back there and you can see what a mess it is.  You can see the contaminated water all around it, the full and overflowing containment pit and all the junk left.  No fence, no public restriction, nothing.  Just a crap hole in the middle of a farm field.  It's been 'sold' 3 times now. (according to state records) but nothing what so ever has been 'done' to it.

Now, the talk is of reopening it and drilling 'horizontally' to an existing well.  The only ones I know of are the 3 holes north of Cake Road, 2, next to the road way that have been dry for at least a decade and I presume not plugged and one a bit farther north that was poked about 10 years ago next to the Spohr homestead that never did squat.

The producing well (on Deerfield Road) is owned by another concern and is maintained and fenced so I'm thinking the horizontal bore will be to the Cake Road holes and that puts the bore directly under our farm. I will state here that if it's the case and they destroy our well, I'll litigate it.  O have the funds and a very zealous attorney that loves stuff like this.
 These people need to be held accountable for their actions and how those actions impact ordinary citizens and in my opinion, the MDNR is spineless.  They are more concerned with wetland mitigation and preserving mosquito's than anything else.

Nothing like a zealous attorney and an aggrieved client with deep, deep pockets!!!

You can probably sue until your pockets get a little shallower but I'm guessing there are already some pretty solid guidelines in Michigan for what happens when any business 'damages' your water supply.  it played out here in the county with some of the quarries over the years and I don't remember a single person that got any kind of a settlement from the quarries.  Some may have gotten some help paying for putting in a city water system but I'm guessing that today those people are still paying the bill every month.

If you took probably a quarter of what the attorney will take you could put in a nice big storage tank for city water and get it hauled in for a lot of years before you'll ever get to spend your 'settlement' from court.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2018, 09:54:19 PM »

We will see how it plays...

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #293 on: June 16, 2018, 10:12:54 AM »

Article from The Blade on the Summerfield injection well issues.  Even the supervisor doubts the new county prohibition will pass a court challenge.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2018/06/15/Community-leaders-cast-wary-eye-on-injection-wells.html

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #294 on: June 17, 2018, 08:16:53 AM »

Now we have the medical cannabis thing going on.  One thing after another.  Just what Summerfield Twp., needs, a grow and retail operation next to 23.  Just the ticket to bring people from Toledo and Detroit to visit our quiet little town.  Not.

Have to put in traffic lights at the exit to control all the dopers.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #295 on: June 23, 2018, 09:12:12 AM »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #296 on: June 23, 2018, 05:15:49 PM »

CL was on the tour.  I stayed home and babysat the big black dog.  Was hoping they would have visited the mess across the road where the drilled well that is doing nothing is.  It's continually flooded and who knows what is in there...  That area back there has springs near the surface so it stays wet and flooded all the time.  Told CL I'd keep the 4wd tractor and a tug 'em strap handy if they got stuck...lol  Guess they didn't make that one so I didn't have to go yank them out...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]   Go Up