MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Shame on Lincoln School

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shame on Lincoln School  (Read 4435 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Shame on Lincoln School
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 08:52:34 AM »

The mood may not have been conducive toward learning for the rest of the day after an hour long memorial.

Mourning the loss wasted valuable educational time…. Unless you think the system is just there to baby-sit.

Those inquisitive could have been discreetly told.

What’s done is done but I’d still make my protest known.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

MyKidsChauffeur

• Elite Talker
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 09:43:24 AM »

I did know one of the teachers in question, who died at the end of June.  I did not know her through school, but church, and she was a remarkable lady.  There's no question in my mind that she was a fabulous teacher and her passing is a great loss for the school community.

That said, and without having been there to see how the assembly/memorial was handled, it does seem a little inappropriate to start the school year off with a memorial assembly right on the first day.  I think it could have been done after the first couple weeks were over and everyone had settled in to the new year.  Since this happened over summer break, the students and school should have an opportunity to recognize this wonderful lady and mourn her loss, but probably not on the first day.

My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to all her knew her...

Lavender

• New Talker
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 10:42:10 AM »

My child does attend Lincoln.  Again, I have no disrespect for the deceased teacher, that is not the issue.  I just thought it was inappropriate for young, elementary children to spend the first hour of their first day of school watching a slide presentation of home pictures of a deceased teacher.  Apparently the school system approved as our Superintendent was in attendance as were the family of the deceased teacher.  I just don't think it was a happy, positive start to the school year for these young kids.  A moment of silence and some kind words might have been more appropriate, not an hour long slide presentation the minute they walked into school.

MomEm

• Hero Talker
    • moms monroe
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 03:13:53 PM »

no one gets my name right anyway

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 05:03:09 PM »

They truly sound amazing.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 06:14:31 PM »

The mood may not have been conducive toward learning for the rest of the day after an hour long memorial.

Mourning the loss wasted valuable educational time…. Unless you think the system is just there to baby-sit.

Those inquisitive could have been discreetly told.

What’s done is done but I’d still make my protest known.

not sure what school you went to frenchie...lol...but who learns anything on the first day of school? maybe the names of the kids who sit next to you??
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 09:54:33 PM »

Well that process was interrupted and the incident rained on what otherwise could have been a good first day.

Life goes on.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

sweetfool9

• New Talker
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 06:59:42 AM »

Does it matter?

Yes, it does matter.  If you do have children that go there then you would have known exactly what the presentation was about and how much that teacher meant to Lincoln and the returning students.  If you do not have children that go there, then you have absolutely no idea, hence the fact that rumors are starting.  Maybe people should actually do their research instead of sitting in thier computer chair complaining about it.

cc

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 08:53:43 AM »

After reading the article on the topic - personally I have no problem with the memorial that happened.  It sounds like the teacher was well liked and held as a role model by many many students.  I would think that the kids would have been more upset with the fact that no mention of the teacher not returning. 

I don't know why an hour long "memorial" would ruin the first day.  It sounds like it was a positive thing and not one of mourning and doom.  It sounds as if the teacher enjoyed life, enjoyed teaching and the children she taught. 

I also think sometimes adults put too much into things.  I bet if asked majority of the kids would not say it should not have happened. 

Lady Arbella

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 09:08:26 AM »

I do not believe that it was the memorial itself that is causing all of the upset. It is the fact that the parents were not notified that this would be taking place. The parents should have been given the choice to have their child be a part of this or not.

It is inappropiate for the schools to take it upon themselves to have MY child attend a memorial service without MY consent.

With that said, I do send my condolences to the family, friends and students of the teachers.
If your dog doesn't like someone, you probably shouldn't either.

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »

Does it matter?

Yes, it does matter.  If you do have children that go there then you would have known exactly what the presentation was about and how much that teacher meant to Lincoln and the returning students.  If you do not have children that go there, then you have absolutely no idea, hence the fact that rumors are starting.  Maybe people should actually do their research instead of sitting in thier computer chair complaining about it.

True, except it appears that the parents with children there are the ones spreading the rumors...

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 08:07:22 PM »

I do not believe that it was the memorial itself that is causing all of the upset. It is the fact that the parents were not notified that this would be taking place. The parents should have been given the choice to have their child be a part of this or not.

It is inappropiate for the schools to take it upon themselves to have MY child attend a memorial service without MY consent.

With that said, I do send my condolences to the family, friends and students of the teachers.

So where do you draw the line in terms of what a school has to notify a parent about and what they don't?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up