MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Deputies Foil Armed Robbery

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Deputies Foil Armed Robbery  (Read 5836 times)

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
Deputies Foil Armed Robbery
« on: September 05, 2007, 01:58:27 PM »

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Deputies Foil Armed Robbery
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 04:45:08 PM »

How is that good work?

They didn’t rob anyone.

Someone said they had plans and they were stopped driving down the road.

That BB gun and air soft pellet gun may have been planted by the person tipping off the police (setup?) or the teens may have just had it in their car.

Now if they were wearing masks when they were pulled over or exited toward the store with those “guns” then I would say good work.

Their only hope is a confession… otherwise the person calling the shots screwed up.

The prosecutor would be a fool to waste the taxpayers’ money but then again he has no hesitation doing that at all.

Unreasonable person, all that brown nosing is clouding your judgment.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:22:14 PM »

750.92 Attempt to commit crime.

Sec. 92.

Attempt to commit crime—Any person who shall attempt to commit an offense prohibited by law, and in such attempt shall do any act towards the commission of such offense, but shall fail in the perpetration, or shall be intercepted or prevented in the execution of the same, when no express provision is made by law for the punishment of such attempt, shall be punished as follows:

1. If the offense attempted to be committed is such as is punishable with death, the person convicted of such attempt shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 10 years;

2. If the offense so attempted to be committed is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for life, or for 5 years or more, the person convicted of such attempt shall be guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison not more than 5 years or in the county jail not more than 1 year;

3. If the offense so attempted to be committed is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for a term less than 5 years, or imprisonment in the county jail or by fine, the offender convicted of such attempt shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment in the state prison or reformatory not more than 2 years or in any county jail not more than 1 year or by a fine not to exceed 1,000 dollars; but in no case shall the imprisonment exceed 1/2 of the greatest punishment which might have been inflicted if the offense so attempted had been committed.

http://www.mchiganlegislature.org

Frenchfries, believe it or not, but it happens to be illegal to attempt to commit a crime.  I looked the fact up for you.
Also, If you read the article, it says the deputies stopped the car as it approached the store.
"As it approached the party store, the car was stopped and two were taken into custody without incident"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:24:36 PM by A Reasonable Person »

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:05:25 PM »

Unreasonable person,

I almost believed you were a truck driver but with your vast knowledge of the law, your blind support of law enforcement and your admitted agenda toward aggravating me… It is becoming clear that you are closer to the law than you’re willing to admit.

How did they attempt to commit a crime?

The police were acting on a tip but let’s say the tipster had it planned to send the teens to the store and planted a BB gun in the car.

While it may appear incriminating, there is no direct relationship to intent.

I would imagine such flimsy circumstantial evidence has probably convicted folks in this town but it’s not right.

Someone reacted prematurely and blew the case.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

Now, I'm just an idiot, (reference made to most recent post from Frenchfry in "Three Youths Hurt" thread) but, I'm going to cheer on the tipster(s) as well as the officers who stopped this from happening. 

Yet another example of stupid decisions.

Unless of course THEY WERE SET UP ! ! ! ! !

Oh please

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »

Setup?   French fry must have had a bad experience with the Law Enforcement community and remains bitter about it.  Wheter those kids get put in jail or not, who cares.  At least they did not get a chance to commit a crime.  The Deputies did their job and protected the community.  Not to mention a lot of crimes have been stopped or solved by tips.

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:35:41 PM »

Frenchfries,

I have no vast knowledge of law or law enfrocement.  I am simply a reasonable person who knows how to read.  I have access to the internet which gave me access to www.michiganlegislature.org which has every single law for this great state of Michigan.  I simply read the laws.

You apparently can not read laws and just blab what ever nonsense you think is good.
Rather than provide facts you elect to attack my lively hood.  You've attacked the fact that i work hard for a living several times now in different threads.  I have let these attacks go un-challenged because i know that i work for what i have.  FrenchFries, discrediting my posts based on your opinion of my lively hood only shows your closed mind and unreasonableness.

Frenchfries, if your son or daughter was working at the party store that night i know you would want the police to stop a robbery that was about to be commited ESPECIALLY if they had prior knowledge the robbery was going to happen.  
I would bet money that if the police let the robbery take place with the prior knowledge they had obtained you would be screaming about how the police did nothing to stop crime.

Is that not what we have police for? to PREVENT crime.  In this case they prevented a serious crime from happening.  Nobody got hurt, the local business did not get robbed.  The offenders are in custody.

This is a win win situation for everyone in our community.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 08:46:11 PM by A Reasonable Person »

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 08:41:08 PM »

Is that not what we have police for? to PREVENT crime.  In this case they prevented a serious crime from happening.  Nobody got hurt, the local business did not get robbed.  The offenders are in custody.

This is a win win situation for everyone in our community.
[/quote]

How true this statement is, to Prevent crime.  It was a win win situation for the community. 

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 08:56:28 PM »

If someone you knew was ever set up then you’d all feel differently.

monroemom1,

Since our jails are always over-crowded, it seems you would fit right in with the mind set of the jury pool they’ve been drawing from.

I agree that you must be an idiot to take a statement that was out of context (on the other thread) from an unreasonable person that admitted his sole purpose on the forums was to antagonize me yet you chose not to read what actually happened.

Only a fool would poke at vicious dog yet that is what you’re doing if you believe what you said on the other thread.

So are you a fool or an idiot?

The way I see it, there were two stupid decisions involved here; one when the cops jumped the gun and the second when you decided to battle with me.

Have a nice day!

Boylanjl,

Yes I was setup before and took a beating for snitching on bad cops so I try to see both sides

Don’t kid yourself; while there are many good cops, there are also a few bad ones as well.

The stop may have been a good one but the way I read the story…they were stopped prematurely.

Unreasonable person.

According to the story, they offended no one.

The person in charge goofed and the teens will walk.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 09:01:22 PM »

maybe just maybe...if the cops had that much advance notice they could have cleared out the store...and replaced the workers with themselves and caught them in the act.

cut and dry...go to jail...go directly to jail and do not pass go!
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 09:15:50 PM »

maybe just maybe...if the cops had that much advance notice they could have cleared out the store...and replaced the workers with themselves and caught them in the act.

Agreed

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 09:38:40 PM »

Why go through all the trouble when they were already breaking the law by attempting the crime.  Being pulled over in a car described by the tipster near the store at the exact time the tipster said they would be there.  AND being in possession of weapons (whether real or fake).
Sounds like Probable Cause to me and that is all that is needed for an arrest.

Someone should FOIA the report and post all the details for us.  Maybe the Monroe Evening News could help us on that? 

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 09:40:31 PM »

quote=frenchfry
"monroemom1,  . . . . . . . and the second when you decided to battle with me."

FF, I'm afraid you are FAR too full of yourself. 

Have I decided to "do battle with you"?   'don't think so.

At the risk of being called names, many have taken issue with your skewed points of view; but your constant blame and criticism of law enforcement is just simply ridiculous. 

I also think I'm on to you.   I believe you thrive in the spotlight of people pointing at you and your ideas; and perhaps you're comments are made with that purpose in mind. 

And good for you.  You have the absolute right to think what you think and put it out there for all to react to.  And, you can bet people will continue to respond.   

But, Me?  Battle?  No.  Not that dramatic.  Not even close. 

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »

Unreasonable,

Well the cop that blew the case apparently thought just like you.

A rookie must have been in charge…. very sloppy police work.

monroemom1,

It was just a matter of time before someone would try to bring psychoanalysis to the table…. Think what you want.

You selected me…. I didn’t track you down.

So who is it that is seeking that spotlight??

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

no one gets my name right anyway

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 10:05:34 PM »

I too am not wholeheartedly impressed. It's their job. Was it rigged or not? I don't know, perhaps. Sounds like a pretty easy interception to me, so maybe.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up