MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Deputies Foil Armed Robbery

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Deputies Foil Armed Robbery  (Read 5835 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: Deputies Foil Armed Robbery
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »

We may not know the whole story.

Did the teens approach the store with the “weapons” or just driving to the store?

Was it just stupid teen talk or was there actually serious intent?

Based on what I’ve read, the prosecutor better pray for an admission of guilt.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 11:04:47 PM »

Reasonable,

Well the cop that blew the case apparently thought just like you.

A rookie must have been in charge…. very sloppy police work.

I am interesting to know what expertise you have to decide what is good police work and what is sloppy police work?

We should start a thread called "What Would French Fry Do?"  and have him give us his ultimate all knowing wisdom on all things.  Get over yourself dude.

I am just happy we still live in a community where our public servants are interesting in thwarting crime rather than responding afterwards and not doing anything about it.

doubtfire

• Super Talker
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 11:23:49 PM »

Reasonable,

Well the cop that blew the case apparently thought just like you.

A rookie must have been in charge…. very sloppy police work.

I am interesting to know what expertise you have to decide what is good police work and what is sloppy police work?

We should start a thread called "What Would French Fry Do?"  and have him give us his ultimate all knowing wisdom on all things.  Get over yourself dude.

I am just happy we still live in a community where our public servants are interesting in thwarting crime rather than responding afterwards and not doing anything about it.

Don't go judging other people like French Fry until you've walked a mile in their shoes!  If you got railroaded into court for something you didn't do, then maybe you'd understand why we here in Monroe are leery of most cops and what they say they did or didn't do. I for one, have seen the innocent get charged for  crimes  they didn't do!  But remember "he who lasts last, laughs best of all."  We're working on some really good things so just you wait Monroe!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 11:31:00 PM »

Unreasonable person,

My qualifications are experience and common sense….. Not necessarily in that order.

Well the Sheriffs Deputies thwarted the teens from going to the party store; it’s unclear if a crime was actually planned.

I don’t know why I’m wasting my time with you since you said your agenda is aimed at me.

You baited the hook and I bit but you’re not strong enough to reel me in.

Thanks doubtfire.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

no one gets my name right anyway

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 11:40:22 PM »

For calling yourself "A Reasonable Person", your statements don't always seem so reasonable. MonroeTalks is for people to voice their opinion, FrenchFry included. We all have that right and your judgment of him(her?) definitely isn't so reasonable. I find it a bit degrading you actually call police officers "public servants" as well - yes, they work to protect us, but they are hardly servants!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2007, 12:36:23 AM »

Well the question this was meant for has been deleted but I’ll post it anyway.

"Both were lodged in the county jail on charges of attempted armed robbery and conspiracy to commit an armed robbery."

A conviction on those charges will be very difficult unless the teens confess, they opt for trial by judge or some law enforcement cheerleaders are in the jury pool.

It looks like it’s going to be expensive for the County and the teens.

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070905/NEWS01/109050056/1004/POLFIRE

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 01:31:49 AM »

It looks like it’s going to be expensive for the County and the teens.

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070905/NEWS01/109050056/1004/POLFIRE

Maybe we should stop enforcing the law because it is too expensive.....?

PrincessAmy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 03:01:35 AM »

God forbid they would've had real guns and went into the store and someone got shot, and the cops knew about the potential for a robbery ahead of time.   ::)

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 06:21:02 PM »

Hey, everyone has there opinion on the Law Enforcement community.  There were a few things said like replacing the store staff with deputies, not a great move because of placing them in undue danger.  Why take the risk of someone getting hurt by waiting in the store for the robbery to happen, when you can stop it before it happens?  What if that BB gun had been a 9mm or .45 Cal handgun?  So when it comes to the safety of everyone involved, what they did was the safest thing.

Farmer.Ted

• Hero Talker
  • I will try to be good. For a minute!
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 02:22:50 PM »

Airsoft gun?  LMAO you have to be kidding me?
The police should have let them go into the store with their pellet guns then SHOT them both on their way out....  More Darwin award winners looks like to me.

This will all depend on the tip and the rest of the circumstances that I doubt any of you know yet.  I would wait to see the report before deciding.

As for the relevance of this, with all the recent vandalism (see other stories), I suspect the Sherriff's dept is locked and loaded so to speak..

Bubba:  Yo homie, what u in for?
Kid:  Attempted armed robbery?
Bubba:  Was you packin a gat?
Kid:  Nah, airsoft gun
Bubba:  You gonna be my new girlfriend!

JustMe

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 03:42:38 PM »

I quess in Fried's mind, the cops are always wrong.  He knows a lot about nothing.  Now let me see open fire from a window, and the cops get you.  Yep the cops were wrong.  Now go ahead and call me a name like you do when ever anyone does not agree with you.

utility slug

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 05:45:45 PM »

maybe just maybe...if the cops had that much advance notice they could have cleared out the store...and replaced the workers with themselves and caught them in the act.

cut and dry...go to jail...go directly to jail and do not pass go!

...and do not collect $200.   You KNOW you all were thinking this.  ;D

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 05:47:05 PM »

I quess in Fried's mind, the cops are always wrong.  He knows a lot about nothing.  Now let me see open fire from a window, and the cops get you.  Yep the cops were wrong.  Now go ahead and call me a name like you do when ever anyone does not agree with you.

AWWW JustMe…..You know how I feel about you.

Thank you for allowing me to again clarify this misconception.
Here is the story you were referring to:

I heard an alarm blaring around 3 or 4am and looked out front to see two police officers entering a building. Not long after I saw them exit with their jackets bulging and left. The alarm company arrived and shortly after an employee arrived to shut off the alarm. I told the company what I saw. I was told it was a warehouse for British Sterling cologne and Speidel Twist-O-Flex watchbands and they must have taken some.
Years later I got in a fight with a guy that lived several streets over and the next day someone came over to warn me that he had a shotgun and was gunning for me.
The next thing I knew was something (A beer bottle) crashed through our large picture window. I grabbed a rifle and looked out a front upstairs window. I saw this guy going in his trunk so I fired a few rounds keeping him pinned down while I called the police.
The police arrived and surrounded my house (ignoring the guy) and when I exited the house, slammed me against the house, cuffed me, dragged me back to the upstairs front room, threw my butt on the bed with the cuffs behind my back, my shoulders on the floor and began to kick me. After a while they stood me up and in front of the window with the crowd gathered out front looking up watching and began taking turns punching me in the face. Eventually the cop pulled the shade and the punching stopped until we started down the stairs, then one cop said “wait a minute” turned me to face him and punched me again then the other cop turned me his way and did the same thing so I just dropped to my butt and slid straight down the stairs thumping on the treads trying to make it out to the crowd so they would stop. All I could hear behind me was keys and cuffs jingling because the cops were in a race to catch me. I hit the bottom, jumped up and ran all the way to the front but I couldn’t open the door in time because my hands were cuffed behind my back.
Fortunately the cop just opened the door, dragged me to the cop car and threw me in.
Later when my mom arrived she asked why I was so beat up and they replied that I tried to run.
The local newspaper called it a “sniper” incident.
I sure wished that I hadn’t seen those cops steal that stuff.
I can’t help the past so I’ll just set my sights on the future.

Now let me clarify for those with reading comprehension problems that I never pulled a gun on law enforcement. They responded with twelve squad cars in just three or four minutes and the station was ten miles away…. Clearly they had an agenda.
I crossed that thin blue line by telling what I saw…. I thought there must have been a logical explanation but there wasn’t. Those two cops were crooks and judging by the retaliation…. The few that beat me up were either the crooks or in on it.

It’s all true…. I don’t lie.

Here’s a link to a story about a police beating:
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2004/06/23/127/99974

Here are some links to police beatings videos:
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2681516

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=aec9476b-44b3-4667-966f-9a0506bc369e&p=Source_Today%20Show&t=m5&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11110694/&fg=

http://www.dirtycopspot.com/

Way too many to list.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 05:49:42 PM »

Frenchfries,

The police better respond in force to a nutcase shooting RIFLE rounds out a second floor window of a home inside the city limits!!!!!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2007, 05:52:25 PM »

Frenchfries,

The police better respond in force to a nutcase shooting RIFLE rounds out a second floor window of a home inside the city limits!!!!!

Especially since I called the police to report my window was just smashed out and the guy I was holding at bay had a shotgun.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up