MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Deputies Foil Armed Robbery

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deputies Foil Armed Robbery  (Read 5838 times)

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
Re: Deputies Foil Armed Robbery
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »

You should watch this educational video put together by Chris Rock.  It is based on common sense.
They should ad a new skit, "If you don't want to get beat by the police then dont shoot a rifle out the window of a house"

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 05:58:24 PM »

Just to help the simpletons, I thought I’d try responses under a paragraph in hopes of increasing comprehension.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

utility slug

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 05:58:50 PM »

I quess in Fried's mind, the cops are always wrong.  He knows a lot about nothing.  Now let me see open fire from a window, and the cops get you.  Yep the cops were wrong.  Now go ahead and call me a name like you do when ever anyone does not agree with you.

AWWW JustMe…..You know how I feel about you.

Thank you for allowing me to again clarify this misconception.
Here is the story you were referring to:

I heard an alarm blaring around 3 or 4am and looked out front to see two police officers entering a building. Not long after I saw them exit with their jackets bulging and left. The alarm company arrived and shortly after an employee arrived to shut off the alarm. I told the company what I saw. I was told it was a warehouse for British Sterling cologne and Speidel Twist-O-Flex watchbands and they must have taken some.
Years later I got in a fight with a guy that lived several streets over and the next day someone came over to warn me that he had a shotgun and was gunning for me.
The next thing I knew was something (A beer bottle) crashed through our large picture window. I grabbed a rifle and looked out a front upstairs window. I saw this guy going in his trunk so I fired a few rounds keeping him pinned down while I called the police.
The police arrived and surrounded my house (ignoring the guy) and when I exited the house, slammed me against the house, cuffed me, dragged me back to the upstairs front room, threw my butt on the bed with the cuffs behind my back, my shoulders on the floor and began to kick me. After a while they stood me up and in front of the window with the crowd gathered out front looking up watching and began taking turns punching me in the face. Eventually the cop pulled the shade and the punching stopped until we started down the stairs, then one cop said “wait a minute” turned me to face him and punched me again then the other cop turned me his way and did the same thing so I just dropped to my butt and slid straight down the stairs thumping on the treads trying to make it out to the crowd so they would stop. All I could hear behind me was keys and cuffs jingling because the cops were in a race to catch me. I hit the bottom, jumped up and ran all the way to the front but I couldn’t open the door in time because my hands were cuffed behind my back.
Fortunately the cop just opened the door, dragged me to the cop car and threw me in.
Later when my mom arrived she asked why I was so beat up and they replied that I tried to run.
The local newspaper called it a “sniper” incident.
I sure wished that I hadn’t seen those cops steal that stuff.
I can’t help the past so I’ll just set my sights on the future.

Now let me clarify for those with reading comprehension problems that I never pulled a gun on law enforcement. They responded with twelve squad cars in just three or four minutes and the station was ten miles away…. Clearly they had an agenda.
I crossed that thin blue line by telling what I saw…. I thought there must have been a logical explanation but there wasn’t. Those two cops were crooks and judging by the retaliation…. The few that beat me up were either the crooks or in on it.

It’s all true…. I don’t lie.

Here’s a link to a story about a police beating:
http://www.talkleft.com/story/2004/06/23/127/99974

Here are some links to police beatings videos:
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2681516

http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?f=00&g=aec9476b-44b3-4667-966f-9a0506bc369e&p=Source_Today%20Show&t=m5&rf=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11110694/&fg=

http://www.dirtycopspot.com/

Way too many to list.

'fry, c'mon...we've played this album before...turn the record over.   :D

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2007, 06:00:11 PM »

I never tire of singing the same tune

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BrickHouse

• New Talker
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2007, 07:46:11 PM »

I never tire of singing the same tune

I read your story, that sucks!!!  When did this incident happen?  Were you able to make a complaint or have it investigated? Was it local, county or state popo? Seriously that is crazy! Sometimes I think those with guns and badges forget that they put their pants on the same way as everyone else.  *shrugs*
Police State = Total Enslavement

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »

French Fry I have one question about your story, did you ever see the guy with any type of firearm in his hands when you fired your rounds?  I ask this because if he did not, the fact he was reaching in his trunk would not seem a justifiable reason to fire your weapon.  I say this only because you were in a position to see down to where he was and you had the tactical advantge if he did try to shoot at you or any one else in your dwelling at the time.  You had better cover and concealment by far. And tactically, occuping high ground is always an advantage. Maybe if you did not discharge your weapon that night, things would have been done differently by everyone.  I do not where this happened, I do not know the local laws about firearms in your possesion. By no means am I saying what you did gives a a cop the right beat you or steal from you.  I despise dirty cops more than anything, because they give all good cops a really bad name.  Once a Police department looses the publics trust, things that used to be easy for their job just became so hard that to solve the simplest of crimes is 10 times as hard now. 

christfollower

• Hero Talker
  • Luke 9:23
    • Be Comforted Ministries
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2007, 10:32:14 PM »

I just logged on today so pardon my interuption of your present battle. However it seems to me that every one here is right on point. In the court of law a crime must be proved beyond a resonable doubt. Without a confession it's going to be very hard to prove that there was an actual attempt since the youth never got out of the vehicle. The evidence is merely circumstantial. However great job by the officers for doing their job by preventing a crime from happening. Our focus on these teens going to jail or maybee even prison is totally misguided why should the police allowed this crime to happen so the prosecuter and detectives can get another notch in their belt. Absolutely not our country needs to spend more time preventing crimes from happening by trying to rehabilitate criminals rather than catching the criminals and locking them away in a system that will only teach them to be better criminals next time. These boys are young we should find out why they wanted to rob the place. Were they trying to feed a drug addiction? Only God knows we should be trying to reach this dying world not locking it away.
IN GOD WE TRUST

doubtfire

• Super Talker
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »

Hey All you naive people that think cops are all angels, haha  French Fry is right on. I had a relative that was at one time married to a cop. When we visited their house, the husband cop showed my husband a very nice tv set and said to him, "Its' a little bit warm, know what I mean?" SO I believe that there are always some bad apples in the bunch. Cops DO commit crimes too, and they also screw up and ruin innocent people's lives with their mistakes.  French Fry saw it with their own eyes.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2007, 12:16:46 AM »

Brickhouse,

The incident happened back in the 70’s in Dearborn Heights when I was a teen but even with a head injury I’ll never forget it.

I insisted on a trial but my court appointed attorney pointed out the huge list of officers on the witness list so it was obvious the word of a minor would mean nothing.

Those cops probably moved on to become judges and attorneys by now.

Boylanjl,

I couldn’t see inside the trunk because he had just broken out our large picture window and ran to his trunk but before he could get it open I skipped a round across the trunk lid to prevent access and the guy ducked behind his car.

Now remember just seconds before this happened, a friend had jumped the back fence to warn me of the plan.

He said the guy was on his way with a shotgun and at that moment the glass broke.

I could have easily shot the guy but only held him at bay for a few minutes until the police arrived.

I kept thinking that he had a shotgun and all I had was a 22 so I couldn’t let him get to it.

To this day I still feel I was in the right….No one should lay down and die without a fight.

If I hadn’t discharged my weapon, I probably wouldn’t be here telling you about it.

The guy was a nut and it ran in his family.

His father was committed to Eloise psychiatric hospital many times.

Okay, I’m sorry this thread veered off the topic.

christfollower,

Welcome and thanks for pointing us back to the topic of this thread.

Who knows…. Sometimes the judge is swayed by just the opinions of the arresting officers so maybe evidence really isn’t necessary.

There are a lot of innocent people incarcerated along with the guilty.

doubtfire,

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

KLK

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »

You should watch this educational video put together by Chris Rock.  It is based on common sense.
They should ad a new skit, "If you don't want to get beat by the police then dont shoot a rifle out the window of a house"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2wOxnAiIVs

Now that is funny!!
If you don't stand behind our troops, please, feel free to stand in front of them.

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 03:51:28 PM »

Frenchfry

So what you are saying is you acted because of what someone told you?  Is that not exactly what these sheriff deputies did?   They acted on a tip they recieved.  Whether or not the teens are convicted is yet to be seen, but the deputies were proactive in preventing a crime, as you were proactive in firing your 22 rifle at the person who you were told he had a shotgun.  I know I rather have the law enforcement community stop a crime before it happens, then letting it happen and possibly someone, crimminal or victim from seriously getting hurt or killed.  The Monroe County Prosecuters Office has their work cut out for them, but it is better than the other possibilties that could have happened.

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2007, 04:04:20 PM »

Frenchfry

So what you are saying is you acted because of what someone told you?  Is that not exactly what these sheriff deputies did?   They acted on a tip they recieved.  Whether or not the teens are convicted is yet to be seen, but the deputies were proactive in preventing a crime, as you were proactive in firing your 22 rifle at the person who you were told he had a shotgun.  I know I rather have the law enforcement community stop a crime before it happens, then letting it happen and possibly someone, crimminal or victim from seriously getting hurt or killed.  The Monroe County Prosecuters Office has their work cut out for them, but it is better than the other possibilties that could have happened.

One thing I forgot to mention.  If the Sheriff's Department would have let this happen, then people found out Deputies had prior information of this, we would be talking about why did they let it happen.  And if someone had been hurt or killed, the stuff really would have hit the fan.  So either way, they are darned if they do, darned if they don't.   It is all about making the call that is the safest for all those involved.  These are not usually the easiest and usually very unpopular with most people.  So let us just say they had a difficult call to make, and second guessing it and tearing it apart is always the easy thing to do after the fact. 

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 04:48:48 PM »

Boylanjl,

The story I told and the topic of this thread are very dissimilar since nothing indicates dirty cops in the foiled robbery story (although the teens could have been set up)

I only reiterated my story to dispute a few comments from a couple of people that have placed a bullseye on me because my views are different than theirs.

I question two points that were in the story; the first one said “Monroe County sheriff's deputies and detectives were waiting for the two at the State Park Party Store on N. Dixie Hwy. and took them into custody before they could make their move.” And the other one said “As it approached the party store, the car was stopped and two were taken into custody without incident.”

They didn’t “make their move” because the car was stopped as it approached the party store.

Upon reflection I’d have to say if the teens were planning something, I’ll bet they’ve been scared straight.

Jumping the gun not only safely prevented a potential crime but kept the teens from becoming long term residents our crowded jails as well.

On the other hand, if the teens were innocent and just set up….. It’s an injustice because either way there’s going to be some costs somewhere.

The prosecutor is not going to let a little thing such as a lack of evidence stop him from going forward.

He has to make sure his comrades in the legal profession will get their share for the defense.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 05:05:01 PM »

Frenchfry

I can respect the point you are driving.   But as long as EVERYONE keeps an open mind, then this should be very good place to enrich us all with different views.  Though I have noticed people tend to take things personnally though.  Simple fact of the matter, prevention of crime should always be a priority.

BrickHouse

• New Talker
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2008, 12:20:40 AM »

Hey French Fry! 
You said:

The incident happened back in the 70’s in Dearborn Heights when I was a teen but even with a head injury I’ll never forget it.

I insisted on a trial but my court appointed attorney pointed out the huge list of officers on the witness list so it was obvious the word of a minor would mean nothing.

Those cops probably moved on to become judges and attorneys by now.

First, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. Thank you for responding to my post. 

Did your court appointed attorney tell you that your word would mean nothing?  If so, you can still go back and argue that your CAA misrepresented you and present your case.  At the very least, you could take it to the media.  Unfortunate that you and I don't know each other as I know a number of media who might be interested.  Given this is an election year and corrpution is the name of the game, and media is anxious to expose it fresh or old.  Did your story get any media attention at all?  Newspapers or television or anything? 

What kind of difficulties do you have with your head injury these days?  Is it a continuous injury that caused lifestyle changes?

At any rate, sorry to have responded so late..my business keeps me very busy.  Take care and I look forward to hearing from you! 

BrickHouse
Police State = Total Enslavement
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up