MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Great new Rush parody

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Great new Rush parody  (Read 6999 times)

Coffee.Mom

• Veteran Talker
Great new Rush parody
« on: September 06, 2007, 02:52:32 PM »

Rush Limbaugh played a new parody on his show today that had me rolling on the floor. It was a bunch of the Democrats (Gore, Obama, Edwards, Kennedy, etc.) singing to the tune of "God Bless the U.S.A." Here's the words to the chorus:

"And I'd rather be a Canadian,
'Cause at least their health care's free,
And I'd rather be an Iranian,
'Cause they all hate Bush like me ,

And I'll gladly stand up . . . for illegals, too,
And defend their right to stay,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I hate this land . .
I hate the U.S.A.!"

I'm sure Rush will get lots of requests for it tomorrow on Open Line Friday, so tune in on WJR or WSPD, noon to 3 p.m.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

loser

• Hero Talker
Re: Great new Rush parody
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 09:26:07 AM »

he must be back on the oxycontin......
you know how much you miss my avitar

Jacob Espinoza

• Active Talker
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 03:12:09 PM »

Yeah, I was wondering myself, did his drug-addled brain produce this or did one of his closet-Nazi assistants?
Don't admire or compliment me, just parrot me

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 09:34:01 AM »

Rush Limbaugh played a new parody on his show today that had me rolling on the floor. It was a bunch of the Democrats (Gore, Obama, Edwards, Kennedy, etc.) singing to the tune of "God Bless the U.S.A." Here's the words to the chorus:

"And I'd rather be a Canadian,
'Cause at least their health care's free,
And I'd rather be an Iranian,
'Cause they all hate Bush like me ,

And I'll gladly stand up . . . for illegals, too,
And defend their right to stay,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I hate this land . .
I hate the U.S.A.!"

I'm sure Rush will get lots of requests for it tomorrow on Open Line Friday, so tune in on WJR or WSPD, noon to 3 p.m.

I'm not a Democrat, so I don't have it in for Rush on those grounds. (I'm an Independent, just to clear that up.)

What I have a problem with is how Rush uses half-truths, gross oversimplification, and patent falsehoods to mislead the people.  His contrived outrage and slanderous attacks on any number of groups/individuals are further testament to his fine character.  It's not that he's stupid, he knows full well what he's doing and why.  However, I'm something of an idealist in that I believe if you're given a pulpit, you owe it to the people to use the position for good, namely to ascertain and disseminate the truth, not for spreading mindless propaganda for personal gain. 

Three further points...

First, please explain to me why providing meaningful access to health care for all our citizens is so evil? 

Second, you don't have to be Iranian to hate President Bush, not when there are so many other reasons to find him reprehensible.

Third, for those who accepts Rush's words as gospel, read several mainstream news sources (daily papers, Time, U.S. News & World Report) and then listen to him.  Tell me what you find.
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Coffee.Mom

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 10:47:29 AM »

I'm not a Democrat, so I don't have it in for Rush on those grounds. (I'm an Independent, just to clear that up.)

What I have a problem with is how Rush uses half-truths, gross oversimplification, and patent falsehoods to mislead the people.  His contrived outrage and slanderous attacks on any number of groups/individuals are further testament to his fine character.  It's not that he's stupid, he knows full well what he's doing and why.  However, I'm something of an idealist in that I believe if you're given a pulpit, you owe it to the people to use the position for good, namely to ascertain and disseminate the truth, not for spreading mindless propaganda for personal gain. 

Three further points...

First, please explain to me why providing meaningful access to health care for all our citizens is so evil? 

Second, you don't have to be Iranian to hate President Bush, not when there are so many other reasons to find him reprehensible.

Third, for those who accepts Rush's words as gospel, read several mainstream news sources (daily papers, Time, U.S. News & World Report) and then listen to him.  Tell me what you find.

I  wonder if you have ever listened to Rush Limbaugh for any length of time, or if you have only heard snippets, or read what others have said about him. I think you really need to listen to him for a solid six weeks to get a good handle of what he's about.

You have to distinguish between when Rush is talking seriously about issues and when he's exaggerating to be funny or to make a point. Often he will illustrate absurdity by being absurd. (The parody I quoted is a case in point . . and that parody, by the way, was produced by conservative political satirist Paul Shanklin. Check out his stuff on http://paulshanklin.com/

Rush Limbaugh is very up front about where he's coming from: he is a conservative, with a conservative world view, and since the Republcian party is more in line with that world view than the Democratic party is, he aligns himself with that party and feels, in general, that America would be better off if solid, staunch Republicans were in power than if Democrats were in power . . . And Rush talks about the news and politics from this conservative perspective . . .

What irritates me about the main stream media, including some of the publications you mentioned (Time Magazine for one), is that they say they are fair and present both sides of issues, but often they slant their presentation of the news according to a more liberal bias . . . I know, because I've read their stories/heard their news reports .  So, what the Average Joe is getting is a liberal slant on the news . . . (Rush isn't my only source of news, by the way)

At least, Rush is up front about where he's coming from. And, frankly, I share is world view, so that's why I listen to him.   When I found Rush Limbaugh on the radio, my reaction was, "At last! Somebody that thinks the way I do about things!" Rush is not perfect or infallible, and he has had his share of problems in his personal life. But I generally agree with his world view and with his politics.

Sadly, most people don't have a core belief system that dictates how they vote, nor do they take the time to investigate solid facts or history . . . they pick a candidate or a politcal party based on sound bites, TV appearances or tugs on their emotions . . .
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

TK9317

• Super Talker
  • Open the Blast Doors!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »

"I think you really need to listen to him for a solid six weeks to get a good handle of what he's about".

Coffee.Mom,

Six weeks or six seconds...what does it matter?
Your suggestion is hilarious.
Almost as hilarious as it would be to suggest that all Americans listen to Osama bin Laden for a solid six weeks to get a good handle of what he's about.
TK9317
501st Legion
Great Lakes Garrison

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 11:55:46 AM »

I  wonder if you have ever listened to Rush Limbaugh for any length of time, or if you have only heard snippets, or read what others have said about him. I think you really need to listen to him for a solid six weeks to get a good handle of what he's about.

You have to distinguish between when Rush is talking seriously about issues and when he's exaggerating to be funny or to make a point. Often he will illustrate absurdity by being absurd. (The parody I quoted is a case in point . . and that parody, by the way, was produced by conservative political satirist Paul Shanklin. Check out his stuff on http://paulshanklin.com/

Rush Limbaugh is very up front about where he's coming from: he is a conservative, with a conservative world view, and since the Republcian party is more in line with that world view than the Democratic party is, he aligns himself with that party and feels, in general, that America would be better off if solid, staunch Republicans were in power than if Democrats were in power . . . And Rush talks about the news and politics from this conservative perspective . . .

What irritates me about the main stream media, including some of the publications you mentioned (Time Magazine for one), is that they say they are fair and present both sides of issues, but often they slant their presentation of the news according to a more liberal bias . . . I know, because I've read their stories/heard their news reports .  So, what the Average Joe is getting is a liberal slant on the news . . . (Rush isn't my only source of news, by the way)

At least, Rush is up front about where he's coming from. And, frankly, I share is world view, so that's why I listen to him.   When I found Rush Limbaugh on the radio, my reaction was, "At last! Somebody that thinks the way I do about things!" Rush is not perfect or infallible, and he has had his share of problems in his personal life. But I generally agree with his world view and with his politics.

Sadly, most people don't have a core belief system that dictates how they vote, nor do they take the time to investigate solid facts or history . . . they pick a candidate or a politcal party based on sound bites, TV appearances or tugs on their emotions . . .

I listen to Rush semi-regularly.  I can't claim to listen to him three hours each weekday, but I've listened often in the last two years.  I don't think it takes six weeks to figure out what Rush is all about.  Between listening to him and reading about him, it's all fairly transparent.

It's not a question of my not recognizing his (sometimes) humorous attempts at parody.  I've got a grip on parody, sarcasm, and even irony in my better moments.  Even so, everything he parodies is not absurd, and it's utterly ridiculous for him to cavalierly dismiss some topics that warrant serious discussion.

You are correct when you say Rush is up front about where he is coming from.  He loudly proclaims himself a Republican and a conservative.  My problem is that he is not up front with those irritating things called "facts."  I have heard him completely alter facts on stories I read less than thirty minutes prior to tuning into WJR.  These are not isolated incidences.  The most I ever listen to him is 2 hours at a time, and during that time I lose track of the instances where he completely ignores relevant facts, or changes facts to fit his world view.  I don't call that up-front behavior, I call it intellectual dishonesty.

Sometimes I end up having the same viewpoint as Rush on a given topic, but we differ in how we got there.  Again, there's nothing wrong with having political leanings one way or the other.  However, to ignore facts is one thing.  To knowingly deceive others of facts is quite another.  Rush does both.  When you say he had problems in his personal life, I assume you are referring to the numerous ways in which his blatant hypocrisy has manifested itself and been exposed over the last few years.  Well, it doesn't end there, it's all part and parcel of the continuing Rush Limbaugh show.  

Ah yes, the liberal (drive-by) media as Rush would call them!  Of course, the only truth that is told anywhere in the world is on WJR from 12-5, first by Rush then by Sean Hannity.  I don't find liberal liars more palatable than conservative liars, but I am amused when Rush calls the kettle black.  (It would be like Clinton and Bush accusing each other of being draft dodgers, spare me the defense of the skies of Texas argument)  Rush does occasionally chastise Republicans/the Republican party, but the fact is that according to him, basically no Democrat has ever told the truth/done the right thing/or otherwise been a loyal citizen of the U.S.  Hmm, that's not an extremist position to take?

And the health care and President Bush issues?
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Coffee.Mom

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 05:33:23 PM »

It's not the government's job to provide health care to everyone. And in the countries where it's been implemented, it's been disastrous. Want to see the problems with socialized medicine? Check out the info on this website:
http://www.angelfire.com/pa/sergeman/issues/healthcare/socialized.html

And of course you don't have to be Iranian to hate Bush, but I fail to see how patriotic Americans can "hate" Bush or consider him reprehensible . . .

If it's because of the war in Iraq, puh-lease! I suppose we were supposed to sit back and do nothing after 9-11. May I quote from a recent column by Victor Hanson in The Modesto Bee:

"The truth is that, thanks to Bush, bin Laden's original bases in Afghanistan are lost. His al-Qaida followers in Iraq are being systematically decimated -- with the help of Sunni tribesmen repulsed by jihadist atrocities. A recent poll from the Pew Research Center revealed a precipitous drop in support among Middle Easterners for the tactics of suicide bombing, and a growing unpopularity for bin Laden himself."

Bush is not perfect, but he's trying to head off the al-Qaida threat on foreign soil . . .or would you rather that we sit back and do nothing and just wait for them to attack us again?

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 07:23:55 PM »

Yes it should be the governments’ job to provide healthcare and Bush is an idiot for staying.

We can’t win as an occupational force….. The only people winning are those profiting from the war.

Now back to the topic, Rush is an idiot as well.

(Gee I kind of sound like Rush)
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 08:03:14 PM »

Coffee.Mom
You're wasting you time trying to reason with these folks.  Clearly from their posts you can tell they never listen to Rush. They call him a liar. But you'll notice, not a single one of these people offered even a single example, or any evidence whatsoever.  Just mindless partisan hate.
John Kopke

TK9317

• Super Talker
  • Open the Blast Doors!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »

Just mindless partisan hate.
Mindless partisan hate......sounds just like your buddy Rush.

Heck, he really is not such a bad guy. 
He should have it pretty good in the after-life burning in HELL with his brother the DEVIL.
TK9317
501st Legion
Great Lakes Garrison

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 09:02:15 PM »

PK9317:

Right after I made the case about how these folks offer nothing other than partisan hate
you respond with another load of nothing but partisan hate.  My only fear is people will think
you're a plant of mine to help me prove my point! I appreciate your helping me prove my
point, but I want the folks to know I had nothing to do with your reply.   

John Kopke

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 09:12:12 PM »

Coffee.Mom
You're wasting you time trying to reason with these folks.  Clearly from their posts you can tell they never listen to Rush. They call him a liar. But you'll notice, not a single one of these people offered even a single example, or any evidence whatsoever.  Just mindless partisan hate.

John,

Considering that I caught part of his show again today, albeit for less than an hour, you may want to reconsider your gratutious comment about me not listening to his show.  Nice try.  The fact is I like to listen to all sides in an attempt to get to the bottom of things. 

Finding Rush's lies isn't exactly a treasure hunt, I can sit and listen to his show with you on any given day, and point out at least five (and typically many more) instances per hour of the type of conduct I referenced above.  It is hard for me to keep up without the benefit of a stenographer though, and I say that in all seriousness. 

By the way, it really is jaw dropping whenever Rush, or one of his fans, has the temerity to accuse someone else of playing partisan games.

Sorry for hating lies and deception.

Coffee.Mom, I apologize, but I won't have a chance to reply to your post until tomorrow afternoon.
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 09:40:37 PM »

Dandy:

This is getting really ridiculous. OK, you "say" you listen to the show and on any given day
you can easily pick up 5 half-truths, lies or whatever. OK, Great!  But you, like all the others
of similar persuasion, offer zip, nada, nothing to substantiate your claim.  Long and short of
it is either put up or shut up.  I can't make an argument against someone whom has no
argument.
John Kopke

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 09:56:47 PM »

Dandy:

This is getting really ridiculous. OK, you "say" you listen to the show and on any given day
you can easily pick up 5 half-truths, lies or whatever. OK, Great!  But you, like all the others
of similar persuasion, offer zip, nada, nothing to substantiate your claim.  Long and short of
it is either put up or shut up.  I can't make an argument against someone whom has no
argument.

Alright John, last you'll hear from me tonight.

What level of proof do you require?  Somehow I get the sense that even if I was sitting there listening to the show with you, you'd still deny it.  You tell me what level of proof you'd find sufficient, and I'll see if I can accomodate you.  If you require me to provide videotaped evidence that Rush's pants are actually on fire during his show, I might even be able to swing that.

What persuasion am I, oh mighty oracle of John?  Do tell, I'm curious.

And if Rush is free to spread lies and disinformation, why should someone who merely points that out be told to shutup?  Actually, if you can't acknowledge any merit whatsoever to my criticisms posted earlier today, it must be YOU who is not listening to his show.
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up