MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Iraq has amassed projected surpluses of up to $80 billion from rising oil price

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iraq has amassed projected surpluses of up to $80 billion from rising oil price  (Read 1130 times)

sue lee

• Hero Talker

We are still spending a fortune in our tax dollars, it is time to pull out and let Iraq stand on its own.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/08/06/iraq.oil.money/index.html
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker

I really hate to think what will happen when we leave Iraq, with al-queda there and the sect fighting. Not that I don't want our troops home, but I feel obligated in a way to try to clean up Bush's mess, brought to you by Congress....
While I think they are better off w/out Sadam, I'm not sure we went about removing his regime the right way. I don't think we are safer from terrorists, probably worse off for the war. The amount of money we are spending, er borrowing, to pay for the war blows my mind. So much of it unaccounted for and wasted. And the hardest cost of all to bear, the loss of American lives. I support our troops, but I do not support this war.
I don't think the Iraqi government has good management or access to their oil money, or control of their government, let alone security, and it will require a great amount of money to rebuild Iraq. Ugh. They do need to pay for it. We just can't afford it. GRRR.
Just some thots.

sue lee

• Hero Talker

Marilyn, I agree with much of what you say. I know our nation can not continue supporting Iraq, our infrastructure is breaking down, Americans are suffering. I think about all the money being poured into Iraq, and imagine what it could do to maintain our highways, public schools, and job retraining for workers who have lost jobs in the auto industry. Medicaid/care is falling apart, our seniors are forced to chose food or medicine.
Our government can bailout car companies, airlines, savings and loans, yet taxpayers are losing their homes. Our country is providing national health care for the Iraqis, yet neglecting our vets. It is just wrong. We pay 4 dollars a gallon for gas, and the Iraqis pay 40 cents. It just doesn't sit right with me.
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker

So true.

the nosh

• Hero Talker

we just need to take that money as our own. simple as that. the hell with em.
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

lordfly

• Hero Talker
  • Fancy.

we just need to take that money as our own. simple as that. the hell with em.

Word. They owe us about half a trillion dollars.
your mom goes to college.
Pages: [1]   Go Up