MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > General Betrayus

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: General Betrayus  (Read 6465 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
General Betrayus
« on: September 13, 2007, 09:11:37 PM »

I've seen many threads where those on the left are outraged when we on the right question their patriotism, or whether they truly support the troops. Well moveon.org NYT ad just put the argument to rest.  None of the leading Dem presidential candidates will condemn the ad. Any questions?
John Kopke

riar

• Super Talker
Re: General Betrayus
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »

I've seen many threads where those on the left are outraged when we on the right question their patriotism, or whether they truly support the troops. Well moveon.org NYT ad just put the argument to rest.  None of the leading Dem presidential candidates will condemn the ad. Any questions?

Hey John, this was on another post somewhere and they did condemn the ad and did a pretty good job. I am a lefty with conservative twists. I want to say that many lefties are capable of disconnecting the war, the politics of the war that is, from the soldiers. They are doing a job. It isn't up to them to decide is it? In that case God bless them. As for the war, there's way too much corruption going on to be honorable. This war was a big mistake, and I've yet to here a conservative admit it and move on. As far as patriotism "sticks n stones." I could care less if someone calls me unpatriotic. I don't really get patriotism, especially in an environment like this.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 09:48:14 PM »

Appreciate your responding.  However, lets try to stay on the subject. As an admitted lefty, whom I assume would vote for the Dem candidate as opposed to the republican candidate, please explain why all the leading Dem candidates, whom presumably support the troops. refuse to come out against an ad that calls a combat decorated 4 star general leading our troop[s in Iraq, General Betayus?
John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:06:49 PM »

Just occured to me. In the same vein, I wonder what vets have to say about Hillary Clinton, in the
recent hearing, saying essentially General Patraeus was both was a liar and a toady of the President. 
Maybe the vets will clarify for us all how Hilory slandering this man demonstrates her support for the troops.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:13:07 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

riar

• Super Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:36:33 PM »

Appreciate your responding.  However, lets try to stay on the subject. As an admitted lefty, whom I assume would vote for the Dem candidate as opposed to the republican candidate, please explain why all the leading Dem candidates, whom presumably support the troops. refuse to come out against an ad that calls a combat decorated 4 star general leading our troop[s in Iraq, General Betayus?

I'm sorry I thought you were talking about a different commercial LOL.

Why would they? By not responding they obviously condone it. Again, this pertains to what I said about separating troops from the politics of war. Petraeus represents the politics. Besides you've got this general that says one thing, someone comes up with another general that says the opposite and it goes back and forth. It means nothing. And it is all conjecture until the war is over. This administration wants to see that war continue and they have Petraeus. Bush, Cheney, and Co. are making money had over fist there. Have you looked at the testimony and federal audits of KBR the company spun off of Halliburton? Heck they've got a really good scam going there and in no way do any of this handful of for-profit contractors want that war to end. $12 billion dollars was shipped to Iraq and $8.8 billion is unaccounted for. Remember those photos of the stockpiled money. No one's found it yet. Our U.S. Treasury dollars are going into the private sector's coffers.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 11:14:50 PM »

John Kopke will not address any issues presented unless they pertain to the question that he has posed for which has predetermined answers for.

He frequently ignores anything negative concerning anyone in the GOP so to continue the dialog you’ll need to stick to the script.

I will continue trying to goad him into facing the truth but I’m afraid he’s too set in his ways.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

doubtfire

• Super Talker
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 11:21:48 PM »

Sorry if this isn't want poor John wants to hear. Please check the cartoon comment in todays' Monroe Evening News as it deals with the general and Mr. Bush. Actually I thought it was hilarious but SO TRUE.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 12:00:13 AM »

riar:

Spare me the mumbo jumbo.  Let's try to focus here. These pols, whom profess to support the troops, "condone", in your words, the worst sort of slander that any soldier can be accused of,
that he betrayed his country. These two positions are diametrically opposed. You can't have both.

Well well. LHL
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 12:07:07 AM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 12:03:44 AM »

riar:

Spare me the mumbo jumbo.  Let's try to focus here. These pols, whom profess to support the troops, "condone", in your words, the worst sort of slander that any soldier can be accused of,
that he betrayed his country. These two positions are diametrically opposed. You can't have both.

Predictable!
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

sue lee

• Hero Talker
Re: General Betrayal
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 01:10:51 AM »

General Betray us has betrayed us and his troops with his lies. Soon, when his conscience can stand no more, he will step down. Perhaps even be relieved of his duty. Just as the others have done before him. As of now he answers to his "commander in chief", a stupid little man, who can not admit his own folly. Remember the wonderful Colin Powell, look at him now. A perfect example of the price to pay for being a yes man to Bush. By the way, how do they plan on maintaining troop levels for years without a draft?
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

Riley97

• New Talker
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »

John, Do you consider the Admiral for whom General Petraeus works for, unpatriotic?

WASHINGTON, Sep 12 (IPS) - In sharp contrast to the lionisation of Gen. David Petraeus by members of the U.S. Congress during his testimony this week, Petraeus's superior, Admiral William Fallon, chief of the Central Command (CENTCOM), derided Petraeus as a sycophant during their first meeting in Baghdad last March, according to Pentagon sources familiar with reports of the meeting.

Fallon told Petraeus that he considered him to be "an a**-kissing little chickensh**" and added, "I hate people like that", the sources say. That remark reportedly came after Petraeus began the meeting by making remarks that Fallon interpreted as trying to ingratiate himself with a superior.

Griff

• Hero Talker
  • Oor Wullie
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 04:18:24 PM »

I am as incensed and as upset about the portrayal of the General as a traiter as I am with with Rush Limbaugh's non-stop commentary of Harry Reed as 'Dingy Harry.'

We all have to stop aloowing personal attacks and character assasinations from BOTH sides of the aisle.

This abuse of the General is particularly sad...

peace,
Griff

Easy on the people--hard on the problem.
"No man's life or liberty is safe while the Legislature is in session." ~Mark Twain

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 07:46:18 PM »

John, Do you consider the Admiral for whom General Petraeus works for, unpatriotic?

WASHINGTON, Sep 12 (IPS) - In sharp contrast to the lionisation of Gen. David Petraeus by members of the U.S. Congress during his testimony this week, Petraeus's superior, Admiral William Fallon, chief of the Central Command (CENTCOM), derided Petraeus as a sycophant during their first meeting in Baghdad last March, according to Pentagon sources familiar with reports of the meeting.

Fallon told Petraeus that he considered him to be "an a**-kissing little chickensh**" and added, "I hate people like that", the sources say. That remark reportedly came after Petraeus began the meeting by making remarks that Fallon interpreted as trying to ingratiate himself with a superior.

Riley97:

No I don't consider the Admiral unpatriotic if he made those remarks.  If we were to examine history I'm sure we would find many examples of people making unflattering remarks about even Eisenhower, Patton, McArthur
and George Washington. Yet I'm confident if any organization in their time were to take out a full page ad in
a major newspaper, and link the word "betray" to these men's names, there would have been hell to pay,
as there should be today.

Now you can dance around all you want, but the bottom line is moveon.org crossed the line big time
with this disgraceful ad. And if the Dem presidential candidates are too afraid of moveon.org to speak
out against this ad, then heaven help us if they're ever elected President.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:48:11 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke

Riley97

• New Talker
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2007, 08:49:48 PM »

John,

If I may ask, when Bill Clinton was Commander and Chief, did you yourself denounce any rhetoric that questioned his capabilities or patriotism?   

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2007, 10:06:52 PM »

John,

If I may ask, when Bill Clinton was Commander and Chief, did you yourself denounce any rhetoric that questioned his capabilities or patriotism?   

Hard to recall. Maybe you can give me a few examples. However, here is something I recall.

President of Loral Corporation was by far the number one contributor to the Dem party at the time.
Well he found it was significantly cheaper to have the Chinese launch his company's satellites into space
than to have Nasa do it.  But a problem arose. The darn rockets kept malfunctioning, spinning out of control,
necessitating that they be exploded, destroying his very, very expensive satellites in the process.

So he sent in a team of his technicians to figure our what the problem was. They discovered that the gyroscopes the Chinese were using were junk. Ignoring the fact it was an eggregious violation of the law
to transfer advanced technology to countries such as China without prior state department review and approval, he just went ahead and gave them the technology.

The justice department became aware of this transgression and started an investigation that was
about to come down on Loral like a ton of bricks. You see, the same technology used to improve
the reliability and accuracy of Chinese commercial rockets could be, and was, used to  the same
purpose for Chinese ICBMs.

Upon learning of the justice department investigation, Clinton pulled the plug, and it went away.

And yes, I think there were a few articles discussing this episode that were not particularly
complimentary of President Clinton, and I admit, I did not condemn them.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 10:32:43 PM by John Kopke »
John Kopke
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up