MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > General Betrayus

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: General Betrayus  (Read 6819 times)

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
Re: General Betrayus
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2007, 10:27:10 PM »

FF:

I wrote "clearly there are people whom would ......"  Curious how you so quickly concluded I was referring to you?  Well if the shoe fits.....
John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2007, 11:29:40 PM »

FF:

I wrote "clearly there are people whom would ......"  Curious how you so quickly concluded I was referring to you?  Well if the shoe fits.....

Reply #29 had no reference to me so your reply #30 made no sense because no such conclusion was made.

I will point out that it’s obvious you’ve been reading through the various topics because in reply #26 you’ve borrowed the word indefensible which was part of my reply to someone else on another thread and in reply #30 you borrowed if the shoes fits from another poster in another thread.

You could do better, just pick on one thing to vitiate and stick to it like you usually do.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

sue lee

• Hero Talker
Re: General Betrayal
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2007, 12:24:41 AM »

The truth of the matter is the General has betrayed us, and his troops. Nothing changes that. Moveon has the right to say it, we have the right to agree or not.
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

Crysti

• Active Talker
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2007, 07:59:01 AM »

John...I enjoy your posts. Very informative.

For narrow minded folks perhaps.

The guy watches Rush for his news.......... (the roll eyes quit working, it's just a smiley now)

Hey, I like Rush. If you roll your eyes too much, they stuck in your head...then all you can do is smile. So, keep smiling  :)

Crysti

• Active Talker
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2007, 08:06:16 AM »

The truth of the matter is the General has betrayed us, and his troops. Nothing changes that. Moveon has the right to say it, we have the right to agree or not.

It's our military, along with the government, the country's forefathers and, yes, the General who have made and PROTECTED lMoveon's right to do what they do. It's called the First Amendment. I think they should keep talking along wit Hollywood, Michael Moore, all the liberal's heros because they make liberal dems and liberal independents look really bad. They put liberals in a bad light and no one will respond to it, they just all run from it. (Well, Mrs. Edwards responded against it...and she's not a candidate. But her weak ol' pretty boy hubby is...he let's her speak for him)

There's an old adage that Moveon (and others) should note: "It is better to sit and look stupid, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

Suelee, you don't sound like an independent...you never have a good word to say about the right. You say you lean to the left on social issues? Well, the military is not a social issue and you are definitely as far to the left as they come, in my opinion. You should rethink your stance. And be proud to call yourself "liberal."

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2007, 09:06:37 AM »

Crysti,

What do you call yourself?

I don’t really understand how the GOP seems to resonate with certain folks considering their basic foundation is built on greed and by what I’ve seen…. Those supporters haven’t been able to share the wealth.

At some point you need to drag yourself away from Rush and begin forming your own opinions.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

bethany6788

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2007, 09:33:50 AM »

Everyone has their own opinions. But they are only good if they agree with you right?
This thread is disappointing. We should be supporting, not knocking down, our leaders in the army.
Beauty is whatever gives you joy. - Hugh Nibley

Trisha

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2007, 10:11:10 AM »

Crysti,

What do you call yourself?

I don’t really understand how the GOP seems to resonate with certain folks considering their basic foundation is built on greed and by what I’ve seen…. Those supporters haven’t been able to share the wealth.

At some point you need to drag yourself away from Rush and begin forming your own opinions.

What makes you think Crysti does not have her own opinions?  I also like Rush.  But, I keep my opinions low keyed because of the nastiness, name calling, childish, feel good white liberal guilt spewed against anyone conservative that expresses their opinion. 

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 12:27:57 PM »

I keep my opinions low keyed because of the nastiness, name calling, childish, feel good white liberal guilt spewed against anyone conservative that expresses their opinion. 

You call what you said “low key”?

Trisha, you political stance has been apparent for some time.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »

FF:
I will submit that you were correct and I was incorrect in my follow-up "conclusion". 
However, why is it that you, and you alone, were the only person whom felt compelled
to respond to the original post?  Touch a nerve?

I'll be the first to admit that I need to work to avoid being curt in some of my responses
with people. (aka Riar for example in this threat). And yes I've shown I can be extremely
harsh when provoked. Need to work on that too. But when it comes to being unhinged,
vitriolic, and just plain nasty, you FF have no peer.
John Kopke

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2007, 01:30:38 PM »

FF:
I will submit that you were correct and I was incorrect in my follow-up "conclusion". 
However, why is it that you, and you alone, were the only person whom felt compelled
to respond to the original post?  Touch a nerve?

I'll be the first to admit that I need to work to avoid being curt in some of my responses
with people. (aka Riar for example in this threat). And yes I've shown I can be extremely
harsh when provoked. Need to work on that too. But when it comes to being unhinged,
vitriolic, and just plain nasty, you FF have no peer.

Well I guess I’ve been effective at ruffling those feathers….Thanks for the recognition.

Now I think you may have meant “thread” instead of “threat” but who knows.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Trisha

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2007, 01:34:52 PM »

You are correct, I was not low key.  But, you have to admit---my conservative posts are short and sweet.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2007, 02:23:57 PM »

General David Petraeus testified before congress about the situation in Iraq, and presented what for a lot of people was a cooked report.

The hearing was broadcast by C-Span and the Food Network.   ;D ;D
(Pedro Bartes)

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

sue lee

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2007, 08:00:43 PM »

Crysti,
I don't have any good words to say about the right? True, what is there to say?  Tell me what you think is good. I have nothing good to say about the left either. I can't think of anything that thrills me. By the way Rush's education is showing, calling Edwards a pretty boy, why not the Breck Girl? I told you I listen to Rush. Edwards is handsome, so? That is not his biggest shortcoming, that is probably the best thing we can say about him. He is a jerk, Hillary is a nightmare, Obama, he is already a sellout. I can go on and on about the left. They all stink.
As do the right, and since they are in power, and have been for awhile, and have messed up our country so badly I am entitled to say what I think, and what is true. So if that makes me a liberal in your eyes, so be it. I bet you think Colin Powell is a sell out, and less then honorable now. Just like General Betrayus, Powell did the same, but his conscience got to him, and I'm sure this general will step down also. 300 million dollars a day, and how many needless deaths? I can't support a fools folly that continues to change every 3-4 months. It never remains the same. Iraq never meets the goals, but nothing changes, why should they meet any goals? There is no incentive, any fool can see that. I am not a liberal. I am not a conservative. I am concerned citizen who is distraught with the direction of our nation.
The best mannered people make the most absurd lovers.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2007, 10:30:50 PM »

Everyone has their own opinions. But they are only good if they agree with you right?
This thread is disappointing. We should be supporting, not knocking down, our leaders in the army.
With everybody pissing and moaning, and complaining back and forth, I'm happy to finally see some words of wisdom from a poster on this thread.  And it was from a 19-year old.  Thank you, Bethany.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up