MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Media and Democrats Will Try Everything to Destroy Palin?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media and Democrats Will Try Everything to Destroy Palin?  (Read 1808 times)

Normal Joe

• Hero Talker
  • Yep..it's true. I'm Normal...
Media and Democrats Will Try Everything to Destroy Palin?
« on: September 13, 2008, 11:26:13 AM »

Why are they so upset about Palin...Afraid of losing power?
If all the leaves on all the trees could talk....

PXaiver

Re: Media and Democrats Will Try Everything to Destroy Palin?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 12:21:36 PM »

Joe if what you're saying is that by reporting the facts is destroying her, then you're right.  You still haven't answered any questions about the Alaskan Liberation Party and her ties to it.

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »

seems to me...its just a matter of the libs runnin scared!
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

PXaiver

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 01:02:01 PM »

Actually we, or at least I, rejoiced when he picked Palin. 

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:17:08 PM »

She and McCain are doing a fine job of destroying themselves.

The Repukes already damaged their own party beyond repair……the only ones that remain loyal are the ones that will not listen to anything except their own voices and maybe the hard right wing media.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Normal Joe

• Hero Talker
  • Yep..it's true. I'm Normal...
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

Joe if what you're saying is that by reporting the facts is destroying her, then you're right.  You still haven't answered any questions about the Alaskan Liberation Party and her ties to it.

Party???...what time does it start...and what are they serving for drinks?...Is it to celebrate Palin knocking the socks off Obama? ;D...(bet they will be serving Alaskan King Crab.....)
If all the leaves on all the trees could talk....

Lethlweapn

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 01:25:20 PM »

seems to me...its just a matter of the libs runnin scared!
It must be nice to just use that tired old lie over and over again, instead of discussing the facts of the matter.

Republicans don't like facts because it makes them look bad, and it makes their skin burn.

Oh, and I hope you feel better soon nosh. I wouldn't wish anyone to be sick

the nosh

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 01:58:02 PM »

It must be nice to just use that tired old lie over and over again, instead of discussing the facts of the matter.

Republicans don't like facts because it makes them look bad, and it makes their skin burn.

Oh, and I hope you feel better soon nosh. I wouldn't wish anyone to be sick

well i dont see it as a lie. i try not to do that!!  ;)

but i see far more whining on here from you libs than anyone else!! and this is coming from a more middle of the road guy. ME! even though my mind is made up and i wont be voting democratic thats for sure, but you all evidently dont see what is being put on MT. osama is falling behind and you all cant stand it. so its whine after whine after whine. i dont need to explain or debate anything...it all speaks for itself from what i have seen on here lately.

and its been a rough week!! but slowly this ole guy is pulling out of it!! GO BLUE!!  ;D

oh...and if its any consolation to you lethal...i see far less bashing coming from you.  ;)
my heart is ruled by venus...but my head by mars.

Lithunica

• Hero Talker
    • Aleks7
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »

loosing power? LOL no it's just amusing to see her make an idiot of herself in front of an entire country (and Republicans in general) I say they need to fire their current staff that prepares them for interviews, I mean have any one seen her interview last night?
is an illustrator and a decent human being. Wrestling bears and Segway jousting, stimulating your mind with visual opium.
IG/Twitter: @Aleks7even

PXaiver

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 06:20:23 PM »

Party???...what time does it start...and what are they serving for drinks?...Is it to celebrate Palin knocking the socks off Obama? ;D...(bet they will be serving Alaskan King Crab.....)

Skirting the issues again.  Man I would love to look inside your brain to see exactly whats going on.

HILL

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 04:41:00 AM »

Palin will destroy herself, it's just a matter of time. The upcoming debate will prove she's all show and no substance. Her prior indescretions will be brought out into the light.

I for one am NOT afraid, just impatient. I'm tired of seeing her already.

Let's get on with the "change"

Op-Ed Columnist

She’s Not Ready

By BOB HERBERT

Published: September 12, 2008

While watching the Sarah Palin interview with Charlie Gibson Thursday night, and the coverage of the Palin phenomenon in general, I’ve gotten the scary feeling, for the first time in my life, that dimwittedness is not just on the march in the U.S., but that it might actually prevail.

How is it that this woman could have been selected to be the vice presidential candidate on a major party ticket? How is it that so much of the mainstream media has dropped all pretense of seriousness to hop aboard the bandwagon and go along for the giddy ride?

For those who haven’t noticed, we’re electing a president and vice president, not selecting a winner on “American Idol.”

Ms. Palin may be a perfectly competent and reasonably intelligent woman (however troubling her views on evolution and global warming may be), but she is not ready to be vice president.

With most candidates for high public office, the question is whether one agrees with them on the major issues of the day. With Ms. Palin, it’s not about agreeing or disagreeing. She doesn’t appear to understand some of the most important issues.

“Do you believe in the Bush doctrine?” Mr. Gibson asked during the interview. Ms. Palin looked like an unprepared student who wanted nothing so much as to escape this encounter with the school principal.

Clueless, she asked, “In what respect, Charlie?”

“Well, what do you interpret it to be?” said Mr. Gibson.

“His worldview?” asked Ms. Palin.

Later, in the spin zones of cable TV, commentators repeatedly made the point that there are probably very few voters — some specifically mentioned “hockey moms” — who could explain the Bush doctrine. But that’s exactly the reason we have such long and intense campaigns. You want to find the individuals who best understand these issues, who will address them in sophisticated and creative ways that enhance the well-being of the nation.

The Bush doctrine, which flung open the doors to the catastrophe in Iraq, was such a fundamental aspect of the administration’s foreign policy that it staggers the imagination that we could have someone no further than a whisper away from the White House who doesn’t even know what it is.

You can’t imagine that John McCain or Barack Obama or Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton or Joe Lieberman would not know what the Bush doctrine is. But Sarah Palin? Absolutely clueless.

Ms. Palin’s problem is not that she was mayor of a small town or has only been in the Alaska governor’s office a short while. Her problem (and now ours) is that she is not well versed on the critical matters confronting the country at one of the most crucial turning points in its history.

The economy is in a tailspin. The financial sector is lurching about on rubbery legs. We’re mired in self-defeating energy policies. We’re at war. And we are still vulnerable to the very real threat of international terrorism.

With all of that and more being the case, how can it be a good idea to set in motion the possibility that Americans might wake up one morning to find that Sarah Palin is president?

I feel for Ms. Palin’s son who has been shipped off to the war in Iraq. But at his deployment ceremony, which was on the same day as the Charlie Gibson interview, Sept. 11, she told the audience of soldiers that they would be fighting “the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans.”

Was she deliberately falsifying history, or does she still not know that Iraq and Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with the Sept. 11 attacks?

To burnish the foreign policy credentials of a vice presidential candidate who never even had a passport until last year, the Republicans have been touting Alaska’s proximity to Russia. (Imagine the derisive laughter in conservative circles if the Democrats had tried such nonsense.) So Mr. Gibson asked Ms. Palin, “What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?”

She said, “They’re our next-door neighbors. And you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska. From an island in Alaska.”

Mr. Gibson tried again. “But what insight does that give you,” he asked, “into what they’re doing in Georgia?”

John McCain, who is shameless about promoting himself as America’s ultimate patriot, put the best interests of the nation aside in making his incredibly reckless choice of a running mate. But there is a profound double standard in this country. The likes of John McCain and George W. Bush can do the craziest, most irresponsible things imaginable, and it only seems to help them politically.

paulster

• New Talker
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 05:14:21 AM »

It was Gibson that made the gaffe:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/12/AR2008091202457_pf.html

And why isn't anyone questioning Obama's lack of executive experience?  That guy thinks there are 57 states...

HILL

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 06:55:09 AM »

It was Gibson that made the gaffe:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/12/AR2008091202457_pf.html

And why isn't anyone questioning Obama's lack of executive experience?  That guy thinks there are 57 states...

Charlie Gibson is not going to run this country. Sarah Palin is a heatbeat away. The Bush doctrine that Gibson was refering to "apparently" was one of four. I would assume that if you are a staunch Republican and on the ticket for the second in command of the most powerful nation on this earth, you SHOULD know every damn one of th Bush doctrines, even if there are 57 of them.

When asked about the Bush doctrine, an informed and qualified candidate would have answered something like "which doctrine are you refering to specifically Mr. Gibson?" You could even go as far as to recite them in order or turn the tables and make Charlie Gibson do it for you by pointing out the fact that there are more than one.
Sarah just looked as though she had wet herself instead, then mumbled through in a talking points rant.

No excuse Sarah, you're NOT qualified to lead this country. More air time and more questions of substance will prove that out.

Just give it time.

57 states? Who cares about the states as long as he knows how many it takes to give him the edge in the electoral college. I'll be satisfied with that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up